1,413 results
All reviews latin quarter notre dame luxembourg gardens apple mac great location luxembourg station rooms are small around the corner rer b quiet street superior room internet access crepes quiet at night cdg airport breakfast room croissants
Reviewed 9 May 2012

Overall: Value for money. Pretty little hotel in a good location. A/c was broken during my stay.

Location: This hotel was situated right next to University of Paris and Sorbonne University. The neighbourhood is very nice and lively...and safe. Most importantly, it's a few minutes walk from RER B Luxembourg, the line that will take you to CDG airport in 30 minutes without any transfer. I travelled with 2 big luggage so transfer is really a nightmare.

Room: My room type is Deluxe Sorbonned. The decoration is pretty but a bit too dark at night. The only bad thing was a/c was broken on the night I arrived and that day was quite a hot day. Frontdesk staff said he can't do anything about it and suggested me to open the window. Unfortunately, my room was on 1st floor so it was very noisy even when the window was closed. I asked to change the room but the staff told me that all roooms were fully booked.

Service: The hotel staff was very responsive to my inquiry email about the room and offered an upgrade with attractive extra cost. However, once I decided to upgrade, they didn't reply my email asking about neighbourhood safety at night. Breakfast was good but there was only one staff servicing the whold dining room so guests had to cooked eggs and pancakes by themselves. Everything was delicious though.

Room Tip: Ask for room on a high floor before you book.
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled with friends
4  Thank Kulanuj N
Reviewed 1 May 2012

This is a very nice modern hotel. It appears to have been recently renovated, and it still feels very new. I stayed in a room on the 4th floor, overlooking the interior courtyard. The location is fantastic – close to the Sorbonne, the Luxembourg Gardens, the Musee Cluny, and just a short walk to the Seine and Notre Dame. There were a number of restaurants and bars nearby. It is also just a few blocks from 2 or 3 Starbucks.

The staff was very professional. They sent an iron and ironing board promptly to my room on request, and they booked a taxi for me for a very early ride to the airport. The room was a bit small, and the bathroom was even smaller, but I believe that this size is typical in Paris. I did not try the breakfast.

Pros:
- Rooms are very clean and tastefully decorated
- Great location near interesting sites as well as good restaurants
- WiFi generally worked well and seemed fast most of the time
- TV was provided via iMac, with a number of channels, including some in English
- Bed was comfortable
- Staff was very friendly and very helpful

Cons:
- Internet connection via iMac seemed slow (but I only tried it once or twice, as I mostly used my laptop and the hotel WiFi)

Overall this is a great hotel in a nice area, and I would definitely stay there again.

Room Tip: I recommend a room on an upper floor, as the hotel has a small elevator that was reasonably fast. My room facing into the interior courtyard was very quiet, even with the windows open.
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Todd W
Reviewed 30 April 2012

We stayed here for four nights and were very pleased with the hotel. The rooms are very nicely finished and clean. Staff were fantastic and friendly, we could not fault them. We loved the fact that each room had a computer with free WiFi - a very nice unique feature. Our only criticism is that the rooms are very small (but not unusually so by Parisian standards) however we would definitely recommend the Hotel Design de la Sorbonne.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Kayt83
Reviewed 26 April 2012

The room is small ,but was perfect for me 1 person, max 2, vey neat designe, clean bed, small but clean bathroom, nice cozy colors, make you feel at home. very helpful staff, specially front desk. Jaleel. the hotel has strange set up for breakfast, but you will enjoy it.The hotel is surrounded by fine art. beatiful ,well designed bulding and monmnts. worth to take pics.
for 10 euro taxi ride you can see the effile tower. Also it is easy to get to the hotel from Int. airport chrls de Gals CDG, you can take one train RER (B) get off at Lexonborgh station and walk 100 yd. remember from now till November the train stob running from the airport direct at 2230 for construction till the morning early hrs, where if you arrive late to CDG you have to take the buss, then continue to the RER B train.the price was good. CU around

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank majeo
Reviewed 23 April 2012

Got a bargain on this hotel from one of the online sites. Delighted with the choice - we were in the "attic" room on the top floor - very romantic - rolltop bath in the room (nb no separate shower so you have to shower in the bath. Very small - but that is usual for Europe. The velux type windows are low enough to see the view - and the view is the Pantheon in one direction and you can just see the top of the Eiffel Tower in the opposite direction.
Warm enough and we were there in March. Great location - near various metro stations but a nice 30 minute walk to the Louvre - Eiffel Tower would be a bigger walk!!
Lovely breakfast and a great choice of restaurants locally and great value ones in the latin quarter - 10-30 euro for 3 courses. All the staff were very helpful and courteous
Go ahead - book it

Room Tip: High up is good but not if your claustrophobic and need to use the lift!!
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple