All reviews no elevator free laundry baguette latin quarter washer and dryer notre dame shared shower quiet street great location breakfast tray coffee or hot chocolate lower floor toilet and shower butter and jam budget hotel croissants spiral staircase
Reviewed 27 September 2017

We have been staying at the Hotel Marignan for over 18 years. It's our #1 choice in Paris. The location is great and the staff is friendly. It's home away from home with the availability to do laundry and use the kitchen for lunch or dinner. The staff is very helpful in answering "tourist" questions. I'm hoping to go back in the spring.

Room Tip: There is no elevator so if climbing stairs is an issue ask for a room on a lower floor.
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
Roland K, Gérant at Hotel Marignan, responded to this reviewResponded 29 September 2017

Bonjour, it is alway a pleasure meeting returning clients. Thank you again for your trust. it is boosting our motivation and efforts. '' Home away from Home'' indeed. We try to be the second home of our clients. We want them to be confortable and have with our clients a qualitative and informal relation.
On our web site you will watch our short film and making off. It shows our DNA. The Hotel has been gentrified over the years (like our clients...) but we have kept our identity.
We hope to welcome you again in spring. Best regards Roland Keniger

Reviewed 29 August 2017 via mobile

The rooms are comfortable and clean..no air condition or elevator but the service was good..permitted to use the kitchen, laundry, and the fridges..

recommended for the families and the Latin Quarter lovers

Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
Roland K, Gérant at Hotel Marignan, responded to this reviewResponded 30 August 2017

Thank you for your comment. We do not have air conditionner but we have fans.
We do have great services for families ( free washer/dryer, free use of the kitchen) as well for other tourist or corporate clients ( free wifi/, fiber optic high speed).
We are in the historical center of Paris, the Latin Quarter.
We love to advise our clients about the sights of Paris ( restaurants, museums, off the beaten tracks, specific bookshop, walks around paris, art galleries...).
We hope to welcome you again.
Sincerely Roland KENIGER

Reviewed 13 August 2017 via mobile

My husband and I recently stayed at the Hotel Marignan in the Latin Quarter. We loved feeling a part of a community while staying there. Breakfast is included in the hotel and we met long time customers ( some have been staying there for over 30 years) during breakfast and noticed a fellowship among the guests staying there. We had wonderful conversations over breakfast, washing clothes( free washer/dryer service, making meals in the kitchen ( full use of the kitchen for home cooked meals) and just hanging around the lobby planning our day trips.
The location is minutes from Norte Dame, Ile St Louis, outdoor market on tues, Thursday, and Saturday.
We loved our stay and we will return again to this unique and wonderful hotel.
Happy travels

Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
Roland K, Gérant at Hotel Marignan, responded to this reviewResponded 22 August 2017

Thank you for your comment. I am happy that you speak about a community. We are a hotel where people meet and exchange information. Since breakfast is included, you can meet people from all over the world. We are a little bit a tower of babel. Our free services including use of the washer/dryer and use of the kitchen provide other opportunities to meet people. Check out our film and making off on our web site, which express our identity and DNA. Technology is just a tool, the most important is soft skills for our staff and to be connected to people. We have renovated the hotel but we have kept our specificity and DNA.
We are also fortunate to be in a great location and in a quiet street.
We hope to welcome you again soon. Sincerely, Roland KENIGER

Reviewed 31 July 2017

Excellent hospitality. Very quiet and convenient, in the heart of Paris. Charming rooms. Nice Breakfast. The hosts go out of their way to help you enjoy your stay in Paris. They helped me find a good route to the Eiffel Tower by bus, reserved a taxi, and served breakfast just a bit early so I could catch my taxi. They also VERY kindly mailed an object that my daughter left (a hat she loved) back to me in the USA!

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
Roland K, Gérant at Hotel Marignan, responded to this reviewResponded 1 August 2017

Thank you for your comment. We do live in the historical center of Paris, the Latin Quarter in a quiet street. As we said in our documentation, we owe our clients '' More than a friendly welcome''.
In our web site you can watch a short film and a making off that express the identity and the DNA of the Hotel Marignan.
Charm indeed through our vintage furniture and the renovation did by our interior design architect.
We hope to welcome you again soon.
Best regards Roland KENIGER

Reviewed 19 July 2017

We stayed for three nights in July and were disappointed. Roland, the man who runs this hotel was not as friendly as all the postings said. He placed on the fourth floor of this circular walk up hotel without much comment. Dragging our bags 72 steps, attempting to pass a man painting the hallway along the way was a real eye opener of things to come. This was a steep staircase that we realized we were going to go up and down only once a day.
The temperature was very hot outside so our room was sweltering with two fans giving us barely any relief. On our second day the fire alarm went off and we looked at each other trying to decide who was going to make the journey downstairs since no one came up after ten minutes to tell us what was going on and if there was a fire, we were cooked.
My son ended up going all the way down to find out we were in "no danger" but other than this, no explanation. Twenty minutes later after listening to this deafening alarm it went off, again, with no explanation.
On our second day I asked Roland if he could move us since the stairs were truly taxing on my husband's heart. He said he would try and never got back to me about it again. I finally asked him when we were checking out and he said, "Oh yes, I had nothing." It would have been nice to let us know...
The breakfast room is tiny with only a few tables and 2 out of the three mornings we were there was no seating at all, the last day we were put with other people. The food itself was good, basic continental fare, croissant, bread, butter, jelly, juice, tea or coffee.
There is no A/C, TV and very few outlets so bring a multiple plug for double charging if you decide to stay here.
It was nice to get some laundry done for free but going back and forth to check on it was another thing. We ended up picking it up in a wrinkled ball at night when we returned fro our day out.
If we stayed on a lower floor, perhaps we would have enjoyed this visit more and been less critical of the shortcomings and more positive about this stay.
You can not beat the location and the street is very quiet at night.

Room Tip: Do not go any higher than the third floor unless you are in real good shape.
  • Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
4  Thank LisaPotts
Roland K, Gérant at Hotel Marignan, responded to this reviewResponded 20 July 2017

Bonjour, Your comment is not factual and very polemic. You reserved directly a triple room private shower/toilet( ensuite). We gave you what your reserved. Obviously you did not read carefully my proposition and my confirmation which stated very clearly that due to a traditional architecture, the Hotel had no elevator. I even showed you the proposition and the confirmation during your stay. Your acknowledge that. I was unfortunately not able to change you on a lower floor. July is the most busy month in the year. We have all the security regulation. We had a fire alarm due to a small maintenance/renovation. We inform you shortly about this incident. At Breakfast you might had to wait 2 minutes why all the people came during the same time. You might had once to share your table with an other client. By the way breakfast is included, at other hotel you pay between 7 euros and 17 euros. You forgot to mention that all the rooms have been renovated (top mattress, german plumbing, french design lighting). We do have enough plugs, even USB connectors. We do not have TV to protect the quietness of our clients. We offer state of the art free wifi (fiber optic high speed). We offer free washer/dryer (event the soap). You just have to put your laundry in the washer and after in the dryer. We are not a dry cleaning company. I would to remind you that all my staff answered very well to all of your questions ( museums, restaurants, off the beaten tracks, public transports , excursions...). I do apologize or the problem of the flor level but I regret that you communicate an negative image of our hotel due only to not checking your reservation. Sincerely Roland KENIGER