“Post Christmas trip to Paris”

Hotel Saint-Jacques
Ranked #341 of 1,804 Hotels in Paris
Reviewed 3 January 2012

My wife and I took our mothers to Paris as one of their Christmas Gifts. Historically, we have stayed at another hotel in the Latin Quarter during our visits to Paris but decided to try a different venue this time. And we were very glad we did! The hotel is in a great location (Latin Quarter is our favorite area of Paris) and the staff were fantastic. Rooms are very spacious (especially by European/Paris standards), fun balcony and we really liked the crown molding in the room. Great experience and we would glady stay here again! Tres Bien!!!

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled with family
There are newer reviews for Hotel Saint-Jacques

Reviewed 30 December 2011

We stayed here for several nights in a double room on the top floor of the hotel, the room was street facing but was not at all noisey and the small balcony was a pleasant addition to the room. The staff were very helpful and friendly throughout and the hotel is located close to saint-michel metro which serves several lines so it was easy to travel quickly throughout paris. Room was cleaned to a high standard each day, the bathroom and shower were excellent.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank NeilT667
Reviewed 16 December 2011

I found the attentiveness and service of the staff to be excellent. There were a few walls in the hallways that needed to be repaired - it took away from the aesthetic beauty of the building. But, overall a very nice place in the Latin Quarter.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 16 December 2011

I stayed in this nice Hotel for three days last week.
I had my camera in the suitcase but for all the three days in Paris I didn’t never use the camera and I didn’t never move it from my suitcase because I used my mobile phone to take picture of Paris.
When I came back in Italy and I removed all my things from the suitcase, I have discovered that I DIDN’T HAVE my camera !!!!
My suitcase is a hand luggage so I take it with me in the cabin of airplane and for this reason it is impossible that someone in the airport have stolen the camera.
It is evident and probable that the only place in which the theft could be happen is in the room of the Hotel.
I will never have the certainty but..........
For this reason I have called the Hotel two times, I have send two email but without any response from them.
This behavior is offensive respect to the customers.

Stayed: December 2011, travelled as a couple
8  Thank UmbertoAngerilli
hotelsaintjacques, Propriétaire at Hotel Saint-Jacques, responded to this reviewResponded 3 January 2012

Dear Sir,
First of all, we answered you already over the phone and by email.
We regret again that you think that someone had stolen your camera.
You took different transportations from Italy to France, you never used your camera during your trip even if you said that you just bought it, but preferred to use your mobile phone .
Upon your check out, you never informed us about any incident.
You may know that a safe is available in your room to store your valuable items.
You mention that you never checked your suitcase during your stay in your room but you consider that the hotel is responsible of you camera lost or stolen.
Without any certainty which you recognize besides, your review on Trip Advisor and Booking cause a grave damage in our establishment

Reviewed 10 December 2011

I had booked a single room for 4 nights and I was upgraded to a (small) double room, which was awesome. Even though my window was facing the main street the room was quiet and, since the bed was comfortable, I had very good nights of sleep. bathroom and bedroom were cleaned perfectly.
I did not have breakfast at the hotel, because for the price offered I found a different cafe each morning where I had marvellous breakfast.
I think the location is, however, the best quality of this hotel: near the metro station and also the RER station. Notre Dame district is reachable on foot.
I woul without a doubt stay at Saint Jacques hotel again.
One last thing to highlight: Ms. Brigitte at the reception desk is highly professional, very kind and helpfull.

• Stayed: November 2011