Villa Royale Montsouris
US$271
US$215
  • Restaurant
Savings alert! 13% below average rates

The price you found is 13% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$246/night.

Hotel Berne Opera(Paris)(Great Value!)
US$138
US$121
Official Site
Hotel du Prince Eugene(Paris)(Great Value!)
US$124
US$99
Official Site
Monceau Wagram Hotel(Paris)(Great Value!)
US$135
US$118
  • Bar/Lounge
Hotel Waldorf Montparnasse(Paris)(Great Value!)
US$155
  • Room Service
Hotel Eiffel Capitol(Paris)(Great Value!)
US$151
US$130
  • Bar/Lounge
Hotel Royal Saint Germain(Paris)(Great Value!)
US$244
US$514
US$415
Priceline
  • Room Service
All reviewsarabian thememetro stationfree smartphoneorly busthemed hotelrer bcleaned every dayromantic weekendvery pleasant stayinternet accessper daystayed for nightscontinental breakfastcomfortable hotelmontparnasse
Reviewed 12 June 2008

Small, dingy, rude staff, in the back end of nowhere.

Never a 4* or actually 5* as on lastminute.com. Possibly the worst hotel I have ever stayed in. One of you has to stay on the bed to allow the other to move about the room. Unable to turn around in the bathroom. Truly awful. Avoid.

• Stayed: August 2006, travelled as a couple
1  Thank GingerBiffer
Reviewed 24 April 2008

This is a small hotel, located almost outside the centre of Paris. The rooms are small (which is no different to many other French hotels) and decorated in an oriental style.
Having said this, this is one of the friendliest places I have stayed at. Staff have been helpful and courteous. The rooms are spotless and there is a very nice buffet breakfast.

• Stayed: April 2008, travelled on business
1  Thank Northernlassie
Reviewed 25 March 2008

Maybe I was just lucky but the hotel wasn't as bad as most of the reviews here seem to claim. I do agree it's a bit over-priced.

The interior of the hotel, both the rooms and the common areas, was gorgeous, just like in the photos. Late in the evening, when all the other lights besides the tiny blue bedside lamp were turned low, it was amazing. There were a lot of iron details. They looked great, although it was awfully easy to bump oneself.

The bath was nice and the shower head worked perfectly, no complaints about that. There was no bath robe but as I don't find it necessary anyway, I didn't even think about it till reading some of the comments here. But bring your own conditioner.

I agree that the breakfast is worth skipping. Just by the metro station (Porte d'Orleans) there's a creperie offering wonderful pancakes with Nutella (and lots of other things). Creperies are probably among the best memories I have of Paris.

The staff was helpful and (to my secret dismay) spoke quite good English. The TV had about six French channels, CNN, smething in German and if I remember correctly, somehting in Spanish. ANd probbaly something else as well.

The location was okay as the metro station was very near to the hotel and the centre of Montparnasse was just about seven minutes away. It was great to be able to walk in the evening without hearing English all around me. There's a lovely Moroccan (if I'm not mistaken) restaurant nearby. Sadly I don't remember the exact location well enough to give guidelines but the couscous was superb.

Overall I liked the experience, although next time I'll probably stay in a different hotel - just out of pure curiosity as to what other areas of Paris are like to live in. And it was a bit over-priced, it's true. But one has to book well in advance to find something cheaper and more central.

• Stayed: March 2008, travelled solo
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Reviewed 27 February 2008

My husband & I spent 3 nights at this hotel last weekend. We had a standard room which was extremely small (one person had to stand in the corner so that the other could pass by!). Also the room was very very dark due to the fact that the curtains & bed covers plus the swaths of material over the head of the bed were coloured mauve and dark blue. No chance of reading anything unless you had a torch with you!

There were no bathrobes nor carpets as advertised.

Good points are that the bed linen and pillows were excellent.

There are a lot of cafes around the hotel serving excellent breakfast and much cheaper than the 15euros per person at the hotel.

• Stayed: February 2008, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 24 January 2008

I planned a 'romantic getaway' for my boyfriends 21st birthday and I really wish id have read all the reviews before I went. Flying with airfrance, our little getway quickly turned into a nightmare starting at the airport when my boyfriends luggage got left in manchester. No one could help us, we were told the luggage would get sent and would be with us the next day but as you probebly predicted, it never came. Trying to get to the hotel from the airport was a nightmare and cost a fortune! It is about 30 mins to the hotel. When we eventually got there, we found it to be in quite a 'rough' area of paris, in the backstreets and unless you had a map or knew where you was going then you was completley lost. We had to get on the train everywhere but as there was only me and my boyfriend we could only use it through the day as it was quite scary at night. This left us with not much to do at night as we were miles away from everything and the hotel had no entertainment. The hotel itself is tiny, the rooms are clean but very small. When I had booked the hotel I also paid extra for the romance package which we never got until we reminded 3 different members of staff which we then received it the second night. We wasnt happy with the room and when we asked to change it no one could help us. The staff wasnt very friendly. Our first night was spent planning to get an early flight back home. To make my boyfriend and I's experience even worse, all we could hear all night was another couple 'enjoying themselfs'. The short break turned out alright for us in the end and we enjoyed the days we spent in paris but it was definatly no thanks to the hotel. If your going to paris then do NOT stay in this hotel, and make sure you do your research.

• Stayed: October 2007, travelled as a couple