US$210
US$194
US$189
Hotels.com
  • Room Service
Monceau Wagram Hotel(Paris)(Great Value!)
Free cancellation until 26/07
US$214
US$174
  • Restaurant
Savings alert! 11% below average rates

The price you found is 11% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$196/night.

Hotel Berne Opera(Paris)(Great Value!)
Book now, pay at stay
US$135
US$118
Official Site
Hotel Royal Saint Germain(Paris)(Great Value!)
US$120
US$105
Savings alert! 19% below average rates

The price you found is 19% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$129/night.

Hotel Waldorf Montparnasse(Paris)(Great Value!)
US$125
US$115
Official Site
Savings alert! 17% below average rates

The price you found is 17% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$139/night.

Vintage Hostel(Paris)(Great Value!)
US$78
US$76
  • Bar/Lounge
Savings alert! 11% below average rates

The price you found is 11% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$85/night.

US$355
Agoda.com
  • Restaurant
All reviewsarabian thememetro stationfree smartphonerer borly airportcleaned every dayromantic weekendvery pleasant stayinternet accessper daystayed for nightscontinental breakfastcomfortable hotelmontparnassebathtub
Reviewed 24 April 2008

This is a small hotel, located almost outside the centre of Paris. The rooms are small (which is no different to many other French hotels) and decorated in an oriental style.
Having said this, this is one of the friendliest places I have stayed at. Staff have been helpful and courteous. The rooms are spotless and there is a very nice buffet breakfast.

• Stayed: April 2008, travelled on business
1  Thank Northernlassie
Reviewed 25 March 2008

Maybe I was just lucky but the hotel wasn't as bad as most of the reviews here seem to claim. I do agree it's a bit over-priced.

The interior of the hotel, both the rooms and the common areas, was gorgeous, just like in the photos. Late in the evening, when all the other lights besides the tiny blue bedside lamp were turned low, it was amazing. There were a lot of iron details. They looked great, although it was awfully easy to bump oneself.

The bath was nice and the shower head worked perfectly, no complaints about that. There was no bath robe but as I don't find it necessary anyway, I didn't even think about it till reading some of the comments here. But bring your own conditioner.

I agree that the breakfast is worth skipping. Just by the metro station (Porte d'Orleans) there's a creperie offering wonderful pancakes with Nutella (and lots of other things). Creperies are probably among the best memories I have of Paris.

The staff was helpful and (to my secret dismay) spoke quite good English. The TV had about six French channels, CNN, smething in German and if I remember correctly, somehting in Spanish. ANd probbaly something else as well.

The location was okay as the metro station was very near to the hotel and the centre of Montparnasse was just about seven minutes away. It was great to be able to walk in the evening without hearing English all around me. There's a lovely Moroccan (if I'm not mistaken) restaurant nearby. Sadly I don't remember the exact location well enough to give guidelines but the couscous was superb.

Overall I liked the experience, although next time I'll probably stay in a different hotel - just out of pure curiosity as to what other areas of Paris are like to live in. And it was a bit over-priced, it's true. But one has to book well in advance to find something cheaper and more central.

• Stayed: March 2008, travelled solo
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Reviewed 27 February 2008

My husband & I spent 3 nights at this hotel last weekend. We had a standard room which was extremely small (one person had to stand in the corner so that the other could pass by!). Also the room was very very dark due to the fact that the curtains & bed covers plus the swaths of material over the head of the bed were coloured mauve and dark blue. No chance of reading anything unless you had a torch with you!

There were no bathrobes nor carpets as advertised.

Good points are that the bed linen and pillows were excellent.

There are a lot of cafes around the hotel serving excellent breakfast and much cheaper than the 15euros per person at the hotel.

• Stayed: February 2008, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 24 January 2008

I planned a 'romantic getaway' for my boyfriends 21st birthday and I really wish id have read all the reviews before I went. Flying with airfrance, our little getway quickly turned into a nightmare starting at the airport when my boyfriends luggage got left in manchester. No one could help us, we were told the luggage would get sent and would be with us the next day but as you probebly predicted, it never came. Trying to get to the hotel from the airport was a nightmare and cost a fortune! It is about 30 mins to the hotel. When we eventually got there, we found it to be in quite a 'rough' area of paris, in the backstreets and unless you had a map or knew where you was going then you was completley lost. We had to get on the train everywhere but as there was only me and my boyfriend we could only use it through the day as it was quite scary at night. This left us with not much to do at night as we were miles away from everything and the hotel had no entertainment. The hotel itself is tiny, the rooms are clean but very small. When I had booked the hotel I also paid extra for the romance package which we never got until we reminded 3 different members of staff which we then received it the second night. We wasnt happy with the room and when we asked to change it no one could help us. The staff wasnt very friendly. Our first night was spent planning to get an early flight back home. To make my boyfriend and I's experience even worse, all we could hear all night was another couple 'enjoying themselfs'. The short break turned out alright for us in the end and we enjoyed the days we spent in paris but it was definatly no thanks to the hotel. If your going to paris then do NOT stay in this hotel, and make sure you do your research.

• Stayed: October 2007, travelled as a couple
2  Thank jenna00
Reviewed 18 December 2007

I read the reviews here before I booked the Villa Royale Montsouris, so I had a fair idea what to expect, otherwise I would've been more disappointed. I decided, based on the reviews, to pay extra and book a deluxe room. Even with knowing what to expect, I still felt we had been ripped off a little. Its just plain wrong that this hotel gets to call itself a 4 star hotel, it's not that, and I pity anyone who goes there expecting it to be. As I said, our expectations were low, and we'd decided as long as it was clean we would not complain. I don't know if paying extra for a deluxe room was a good idea or a waste of money, I can't imagine any other room in the hotel could have been smaller, or how basic the other rooms would be if this was a deluxe! I was actually convinced for a while that this was a regular room and that they'd made a mistake with our booking, but after rereading the reviews I realised this is probably just how it is and to accept it and not complain! The hotel is a five minute walk from the metro, a little bit out of the way, in a quiet area. There are cafes and shops around the Porte d'Orleans stop, and a nice little pizza place on the way to the hotel. The decor in the hotel room is nice, colourful and unique. Although, as you can see from the photo attached, no colourful quilt cover on the bed, very unlike the hotels website photo! (Bearing in mind that we paid extra for the deluxe room- yes I am still bitter!). Anyway, on the plus side, the room was clean (apart from dirty marks on the wall by the lampshade on the bedside table), the sheets, bathroom and floor were clean, and the bed was very comfortable. Paris hotels are very expensive, it being such a beautiful and vibrant city, its no wonder that its a top tourist destination, and of course with that, comes the licence to charge a lot for very little. It is unfair, but Paris as a city, historically, romantically and drunkenly, more then makes up for mediocre accommodation. All in all, it was a wonderful few days. Maybe if I return to Paris in the future I would save more money and splash out on a better hotel, but the hotel by no means ruined our holiday. If you know what to expect, and that to experience Paris you must pay more and get less hotel wise, you'll be less disappointed.

• Stayed: September 2007, travelled as a couple