2,703 results
All reviews rue de la paix blaise mautin park suite diamond member concierge desk high end shopping amazing hotel luxurious hotel nespresso machine the ritz bottle of champagne rain shower steam room turn down service four seasons opera house the entire staff
Reviewed 18 December 2010

With so many wonderful locations and excellent hotels, choosing a hotel in Paris is difficult. I am familiar with (in alphabetical order) de Crillon, George V (Four Season), Park Hyatt Vendôme, Prince de Galles (Starwood), Ritz and Westin (Starwood). Of course there are other very good hotels but I am not familiar with them.

Once I planned to stay at The Ritz on a family occasion. I made a prior appointment with the manger to visit the hotel. I recommend you do so, as often they do not allow people in, unless you are staying there or have a restaurant reservation. I was given a tour of the hotel (rooms/suites, restaurants…). The customer service is not much to be desired, and in fact their attitude is are you good enough for The Ritz. Prince de Gaulle should be avoided until major renovation is done, as under present circumstances it is somewhat depressing. At Westin, some of the rooms have a magnificent view of the Eifel Tower and it would be wonderful to sit and watch the tower at night, however, these rooms are by a very busy street and the windows are not sound proof. Furthermore, the furniture in the rooms has lost their charm and the bathrooms even in the suites are too small and actually uncomfortable. George V is a superb hotel, a landmark in Paris, in a great location off from the Avenue des Champs-Élysées and less than 30 min walking from the Eifel Tower. The lobby and public area in this hotel are wonderful; however, the rooms are not in the same level of elegance. From some suites you can see about 50 per cent of the Eifel Tower. Marie Antoinette took piano lessons in Hotel de Crillon and stream of US presidents have called it a temporary home and the Bernstein Suite and some rooms have a wonderful view of the Eifel Tower and the beautiful Place de la Concorde. But, she is no longer there and the rooms need renovation.

I do not intend to be negative about these hotels at all, and some of them have been the most wonderful. In fact you might want to have an afternoon tea/coffee in George V or de Crillon. However, my first choice is Park Hyatt Vendôme. I have stayed there several times and have put friends there also. I have always been very satisfied. Of course I am a Diamond member with Hyatt and that is a factor in my decision, but this hotel is truly wonderful. It is modern and different from others. The location is perfect. Too bad that you cannot see the Eifel Tower from your room, but everything else about this hotel is just great. To be accurate from one of their super top suits you can see the top of the Eifel Tower.

I strongly recommend communicating with their concierge to arrange for restaurants, shopping and other activities. They made detailed information and e-mailed it, saving me considerable amount of time. Except once, I have been always upgraded, and been provided the room that I had requested. After a long flight, getting to your room is the high priority. I have always been able to check-in upon arrival before noon.

You walk into an elegant entrance. The staff right away offers to take your luggage. The check-in process is quick. Once I gave my name at the check-in, the Guest Relation Manager was informed to greet me. They do take a note of your preferences for your next visit and try to accommodate you. The rooms are very different from Classical Parisian Hotels. The bathrooms are very large with great shower, bathtub and walk-in closet. The Junior Park Suite is ideal for couple. It is spacious and tastefully done. The lighting in the room is great and the curtains are electric. The room and bathroom were super clean during all my stays. As Diamond Member you will receive amenities according to your request. There is also a turn down service in the evening. The response time to requests/inquiries was very adequate and actually short. The breakfast is excellent and I highly recommend it. The lobby/courtyard is very pleasant for lunch and afternoon tea/coffee. The staff is multi lingual, very polite and professional.
The service is just magnificent.

After several flawless stays, I strongly recommend this hotel, and if you are a Diamond member with Hyatt it would be a mistake not to stay there. If you enjoy this hotel you will also be absolutely pleased with Park Hyatt Milan. I hope you enjoy your stay there.

1  Thank takhteh2005
PHPV, Directeur général at Park Hyatt Paris - Vendome, responded to this reviewResponded 25 January 2011

Dear Sir, Dear Madam,

I was very pleased to learn how much you enjoyed your last stay with us and I would like to thank you for letting Trip Advisor know how impressed you were with the service you received.

We are grateful for your support of the Park Hyatt Paris-Vendôme and I look forward to the pleasure of welcoming you back,

With my best regards,

Reviewed 13 December 2010

I stayed at the Park Hyatt Vendome with my partner on a couple of occasions and we both loved it!
It is a great hotel with a perfect location just 2 minutes walk from the beautiful Place Vendome.
The staff is very friendly and attentive and the lovely breakfast is served under the atrium surrended by white orchids- tres chic !

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
PHPV, Directeur général at Park Hyatt Paris - Vendome, responded to this reviewResponded 28 January 2011

Dear Guest,

I would like to thank you for taking the time to share your comments on Tripadvisor. I was very pleased to learn that you have enjoyed your stay with us. Please be assured that your kind words and compliments will be shared with all our employees.

I look forward to welcoming you back soon at the Park Hyatt Paris-Vendôme

Yours sincerely,

Reviewed 12 December 2010

Second visit to this hotel and it's great. It's got the style of a hip boutique hotel with all the service, appointments, and amenities of a luxury hotel. Service was courteous, prompt, and thorough. Room is comfortable and spacious for Paris, and the location is unbeatable. Especially great is the e-concierge which allowed us to book all restaurants through the hotel by e-mail before we even arrived. And, the transfer service from Charles de Gaulle airport, though expensive, was seamless. Tea by the fire in the lobby was memorable. All around, a great hotel and look forward to returning. Only word of caution, our room faced Rue Volney and was quite noisy early in the morning with sanitation trucks. Next time, will request room facing courtyard.

Date of stay: November 2010

Dear guest,

Thank you so much for having chosen the Park Hyatt Paris-Vendôme and for having taken the time to share your feedback on Trip advisor.

We are more than pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay and we will certainly share your appreciation with all our employees.

I was, however, very sorry to learn that we didn't met your expectations regarding your room. Allow me to sincerely apologize and I assure you that we will do our best to allocate you a room facing courtyard for your next stay at the Park Hyatt Paris-Vendôme.

I look forward to pleasure of welcoming you back to your parisian home upon your next trip to Paris.

Yours sincerely,

Reviewed 5 December 2010

I stayed at the Park Hyatt for three days. The location and service were great. The common areas were very well done in a modern Europe meets Asia vibe. The rooms were also nice. A couple downsides - I had fifth floor room that had dropped ceilings on one side and was constanty hitting my head. The fitness center was vey small with few pieces of equipment. The spa was also small and did not have separate steam room/jacuzzi for men/women (shared). It was a little less pricey than the Four Seasons. Though I wouldn't have any issue staying here again, I would have probably stayed at the Four Seasons Geo V. I stayed there before and, if less than 100E different/night Geo V probably worth it. I liked the Park Hyatt much better than the Ritz.

• Trip type: Travelled solo
1  Thank max_umami
Reviewed 2 December 2010

Not inexpensive, but worth every euro. Rooms are beautiful; we had a suite and a regular room, and both were large, luxurious and spotless.
There was some confusion regarding our reservation, as we utilized a special offer of a free night combined with a regular stay to insure that our rooms were ready when we arrived early morning. Laure Brovelli, a manager at the hotel met with us, apologized for the missunderstanding (our reservation was a bit unusual), and invited us to go about our day, and she would investigate and resolve the problem. When we returned after a long sightseeing day, Laure had taken care of everything, and made sure that we were well taken care of, including a lovely bottle of champagne, and other amenities.
I travel quite a bit, and I've learned that problems do occur, and the best of the best are able to resolve issues effectively. Laure and the Park Hyatt are among the best of the best.

Date of stay: November 2010