2,664 results
All reviewsrue de la paixdiamond memberpark suiteblaise mautinconcierge deskhigh end shoppingbeautiful hotelnespresso machinethe ritzbottle of champagnesteam roomrain showerfour seasonsmacaroonsopera housefive star hotelthe entire staff
Reviewed 29 February 2012

Accustomed to more bohemian accommodations in Paris (which are also a wonderful and unique Parisian experience) the location and tone of this hotel created an entirely different Paris experience for me.

The location is packed with beautiful (but pricey) stores, specialty shops, and cafes. It's one of those areas where every blvd you look down frames some kind of architectural masterpiece.

The rooms were small but perfect with nice little extras like great robes, toiletries, and somehow extremely French laundry and shoe bags. The bathroom was ridiculously elegant. Our room was very quiet; housekeeping and turn down service made everything perfect daily. Service is exceptional and polite from the receptionist, to the gym attendant, to the doormen who will give you an umbrella if it's raining outside. If you stay definitely check out the gym, while small, gym users have access to the spa locker room and a hot tub/ bathroom that is beautiful and relaxing.

While I didn't eat in the hotel, grabbing a cafe au lait for breakfast here was delightful both for the coffee and the people watching.

I hope to stay here again one day!

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank PhiladelphiaGypsy
PHPV, Directeur général at Park Hyatt Paris - Vendome, responded to this reviewResponded 1 March 2012

Dear Guest,

Thank you! Your comments are kindly received and we hope to have the honour of welcoming you again very soon at the Park Hyatt Paris-Vendôme.

Reviewed 27 February 2012

My husband and I stayed here in early February for 4 nights. We have long been fans of Park Hyatt properties, and this one did not disappoint. Shortly after making our reservation, we received an email inviting us to upgrade to a Park Suite King for 80 extra Euros per night. We decided to live a little, and wow, what a room! The closet alone was the size of some rooms I've seen in Europe. This was the type of suite that is really one very large room, but it was VERY large, in fact the largest I've stayed in in Europe. It also has an extra 1/2 bath, which is a nice convenience. Beautiful finishes throughout the room and hotel and excellent service on all fronts. The ONLY negative was that the eating anything in the hotel was absurdly expensive. American breakfast for 48 Euros? Cocktails at 25 Euros? Really?? Even in a hotel of this caliber and price point, those prices are a stretch. Otherwise a great stay, though, and we will definitely return. Great location as well.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank gizmolisa
PHPV, Directeur général at Park Hyatt Paris - Vendome, responded to this reviewResponded 29 February 2012

Dear Guest,

I would like to thank you for having taken the time to write your comments on TripAdvisor further to your recent stay at Park Hyatt Paris-Vendôme.

We are more than pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay and we will certainly share your appreciation with all our employees

Furthermore, please rest assured that we have well noted your comments regarding the price of our Food and Beverage outlets. Should you have any additional comments in this respect which you would like to share, please do not hesitate to contact us. This will definitely assist us in achieving the high standards of service we are aiming.

Dear guest, please not to hesitate to contact my office or our Guest Relations Manager, Ms Melanie Salas on melanie.salas@hyatt.com would your travels bring you back to Paris in a not too distant future.

Reviewed 27 February 2012

Well, it is in a very good location in Paris and you expect it to be expensive but the standard of the room was in no way worth the rate charged. Park Hyatt is my favorite brand and i am beginning to discover that there are wild differences in the standards and the service, this is definitely the worst Park Hyatt i have stayed at.

The pros:
Good Location, clean and modern hotel with comfortable bed and nice bathroom even though the standard queen room is tiny by Park Hyatt standards. Breakfast was nice and staff were polite enough although very fake and snotty in the old Parisian way which tends to lose it charm after a while. Check in was smooth and very efficient.

The cons:
The room was old, worn out and in desperate need of renovation, the carpets were worn out and dirty and in need of a serious change (not Park Hyatt standard at all)
There were almost no power outlets in the room and none near the working area which seems a bit weird for anyone wishing to work.
The internet service was a DISASTER and kept dying on me ALL the time, it seems that this is a long running issue at this hotel, luckily as a Platinum member i did not have to pay for it otherwise it was 19 euros a day which is a rip off, everything else at the hotel is outrageously priced, i had to pay 130 euros for breakfast for two???
It also seems that unless you are a Gulf Sheik or a Russian or Chinese oligarch, then you are treated by the staff more as part of the decor than anything else, they simply have NO time for you, i was constantly stopped on the way in or out and asked if i had a reservation (and this is to sit in the lobby for Gods sake!) . All the common areas (restaurants and bars also) attract affluent Parisian clients that simply take over the place for breakfast, lunch and dinner during the week particularly and the hotel clients are totally marginalized because of this. I had to argue with one lady only because a colleague and i wished to sit in the lobby for a short business meeting and there were no places to sit, since all the table were set up for lunch for the external clients. This is really a serious issue that management needs to reconsider since the usual practice is for the hotel guests to have priority and not the other way around.

The moral of the story is that for $800 a night (not including anything) you can find much better in Paris, i will definitely NEVER go back to this hotel, and very luckily a new Mandarin Oriental has just opened close by. BYE BYE Park Hyatt Vendome.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled on business
8  Thank ahmadsameh

Dear Guest,

I would like to thank you for having taken the time to send your comments further to your recent stay at Park Hyatt Paris- Vendôme.

I was very sorry to learn that we didn't meet your expectations regarding your overall stay. Allow me to sincerely apologize and I assure you that all your comments have been brought up to the designated departments to follow-up and to avoid such incident to re-occur. Should you have any comments which you would like to share, please do not hesitate to contact us. This will definitely assist us in achieving the high standards of service we are aiming.

Dear Guest, I sincerely hope that these inconveniences will not affect the trust you have shown towards Park Hyatt Paris-Vendôme, and urge you please not to hesitate to contact my office or our Guest Relations Manager, Ms Melanie Salas on melanie.salas@hyatt.com would your travels bring you back to Paris in a not too distant future.

Looking forward to welcoming you back,

Sincerely yours,

Reviewed 24 February 2012

This was my second stay here, and it was very nice. First, the location is just excellent. About two blocks form the Palais Garnier - Opera, which is convenient for using the Air France bus to and from CDG (cost 10 Euros). Lots of luxury jewelry stores and other shops along Rue de la Paix, incuding the Ritz hotel. I went for a late night stroll both nights (weather in late February was surprisingly nice, a little brisk but not cold). The Place de la Concorde is a few blocks south west, and I got to see the Eiffel Tower twinkling through a slight layer of fog.

Back to the hotel - I am a Diamond member with Hyatt, and I was upgraded from a junior suite to an executive suite, which was really nice - basically two adjoining rooms, with a living room area on one side and a bedroom area on the other side. And two full bathrooms. Also, received a nice bottle of Bordeaux and a small box of 4 chocolates;aas a welcome amenity. Internet was free for Diamons members, but is 19 euros per day otherwise.

Had breakfast both mornings. Had the American breakfast / buffet in Les Orchidess one morning and had breakfast in my room on the second morning. Breakfast was complimentary as Diamond, but otherwise is 48 euros.

The room was a little too warm for me, and even with the heat turned off, I slept with the windows open both nights. My room opened to a couryard below, so no street noise at all.

The bathrooms are really nice - all marble, with a decent sized tub and a separate shower area. Actually the shower and a vanity is behind a glass door and both are adjacent to the tub - basically a wet area. Very nice thick towels and nice size bottles of shampoo, conditioner, and shower gel. Towel warmer was a nice touch. Robes, slippers provided. Also an umbrella was available, but fortunately I didn't need it during my stay.

Mini bar has a nice variety of drinks and a small number of food items, and is very expensive - 12 euros for a coke or a beer (33 cL), 6 euros for a small can of pringles or a regular size container of TicTacs, 12 euros for a small container of nuts or candies.

There is a lot of staff at this hotel, and all are very friendly and professional. Everyone speaks perfect English and even understands my high school level French!

Had dinner at the restaurant Pur on my second night. Had the 5 course menu with wine. Delicious food and great service.

Communicated with the concierge prior to arrival to secure reservations at Pur as well as other reservations elsewhere in the city. All requests were handled promptly and efficiently, and with a friendly sense of humor.

All in all, a great hotel in a great city. And pricey but first class.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled solo
4  Thank Tanq K

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your kind review and comments. We are very happy that you enjoyed your stay with us and you appreciated the service of our staff.

Needless to say that a follow up of your comments has been done with the departments concerned and should you have any additional comments which you would like to share, please do not hesitate to contact us. This will definitely assist us in achieving the high standards of service we are aiming.

We look forward to welcoming you back soon!

My warmest regards,

Reviewed 24 February 2012

I stayed at this hotel during a too-brief recent trip to Paris and was very impressed both by the service and by the hotel itself. A newish establishment, situated on Place Vendome, it is both clean and spacious. Arriving early in the morning (around 10am) we were nonetheless able to check-in to our room and checked out only after 3pm on the day of departure. The staff were friendly and relaxed.

The rooms are modern in design and large, the beds huge - far beyond King-size. Our room had a small balcony looking onto the street and Paris on a cold but bright morning is best viewed with a glass of champagne in hand from ones hotel balcony. An auspicious start to our stay.

The hotel doesn't have a pool, which slightly disappointed my companion, but the positive vibe at the hotel more than made up for this.

Breakfast was wonderful (an adjective I very rarely use in reviews of hotel restaurants), with the Eggs Benedict scoring high for us both. A refreshing point was also that the breakfast restaurant wasn't overfull, which is sometimes the case with city centre 5-star hotels. The only slight qualm came at the end when presented with a bill for 102 euros for our breakfast for two. Surely some mistake? Apparently not.

This notwithstanding, it was an excellent experience overall. I will definitely repeat the experience.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled on business
2  Thank Glengarry3007

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for having shared your comments on Trip Advisor. We are very happy that you liked your stay at the Park Hyatt Paris-Vendôme!

As far as the breakfast price is concerned, surely the breakfasts in five star hotels are expensive but we would like to assure you that the rate is on line, if not even less expensive then the price of breakfasts offered in the top hotels in the main destinations worldwide.

Looking forward to welcoming you back, I send you my warmest regards.