All reviews luxembourg gardens great location notre dame latin quarter left bank honesty bar st germain upgraded to a suite one way street rooms are small within walking distance minute walk bigger room would definitely stay here again yogurt small elevator our honeymoon
Reviewed 2 April 2018 via mobile

Great hotel just outside the Luxembourg garden, within walking distance to many of the great sites of Paris. Subway five minutes away. Great neighborhood. Staff was very friendly and helpful. Breakfast available in restaurant or (slightly smaller) in the hotel room. Selection for breakfast was also good. The room was a good size and facing an atrium in the back of the hotel so weren’t disturbed by any traffic or nightlife whatsoever.

Stayed: April 2018, travelled with family
Senat01, Directeur général at Hotel le Senat, responded to this reviewResponded 3 April 2018

Dear Madam

Thanks you so much for your so kind review.

All my staff and myself will be happy to accomodate you for your next stay in Paris.

With ours kindests regards.

Reviewed 26 March 2018 via mobile

I have been to this hotel so many times it's hard to count. Since it was renovated I think 15 years ago it's now got great rooms to add to it's great location.

Rooms like most in Paris are small, but they are well designed. If you can afford it take the small suites at the top

Stayed: April 2017, travelled as a couple
Senat01, Directeur général at Hotel le Senat, responded to this reviewResponded 28 March 2018

Dear Loyal Guest

Thanks you for this so kind review.

Like you are a loyal guest from a long way, we have a program with 10% of discount when you reserve the hotel directly.

I hope you get this discount.

Duplex with terrace give a unic view on All Paris.

With our kindest regards

Reviewed 10 March 2018

Really enjoyed the hotel and location. The room was small but clean and well appointed. I was in Paris for a trade show at the Parque des expositiones that is out by CDG, but wanted to stay in the city, the Senat is close to the Luxembourg station on the RERB which makes it easy to get to from CDG and for this trip easy to get to the expo.

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled on business
Senat01, Directeur général at Hotel le Senat, responded to this reviewResponded 12 March 2018

Dear Matthew,

Many thanks for your kind review.

It is true that even located in the earth of Paris, the access to CDG airport or Parc Des Expositions ( Villepinte ) is very easy from Hotel Le Senat.

RER B is less than 3 minutes by foot from the hotel and you reach CDG Airport or Parc des Expostions ( Villepintes ) in approximatly 40 minutes when you leave the hotel.

I hope to see you back very soon for an next exposition.

With my kindest regards.

Reviewed 3 January 2018

I have been in many hotels in Paris. It is difficult to find a reasonable one for a good price. This hotel has a charm. Room was nice and clean, service was friendly. We did not opt for a breakfast as usually in Paris hotels they serve pretty poor. We had a look on it at morning - it was not so bad but the price was incredibly high. Better to have coffee and few croissants in nearby cafeteria.

• Stayed: December 2017, travelled as a couple
Senat01, Directeur général at Hotel le Senat, responded to this reviewResponded 4 January 2018

Dear valued guests,

At first, I send you all my best wishes for 2018.

Thanks you for your nice review.

About buffet breakfast, the rate is 18 euros for :

X Hot Drinks: Coffee / Chocolate / Tea "Mariage Fréres"

X Fresh fruit juice: Grapefruit / Orange / Apple

X Cooked Prunes

X Tomato salad

X Pancakes

X Maple Syrup

The second solution is express breakfast for 7 euros what is a continental breakfast.
( Viennese pastries unlimited )
I am afraid that you have paid more than 7 euros in nearby cafeteria.

With my kindest regards.

Reviewed 2 January 2018

The location of this hotel is excellent. Cleanliness is also excellent. Rooms are cleaned to a high standard each day. The room we stayed in was extremely small however I believe this is typical of Parisian hotel rooms. The decor was quite dated and strange which didn't do much for the aesthetic of the place. It seemed as if money was spent renovating bathrooms but perhaps money ran out before they got to renovating the bedrooms! The room itself was quiet, slippers given, shower gels etc. were high quality, bathrooms were chic. No kettle- this was a problem for us. And being told we'd have to pay 7 Euro to use the kettle services was outrageous. I am not sure if the receptionist knew what we were asking her, perhaps she thought we wanted to have the "quick breakfast" but we just wanted to use the kettle. We were here for our honeymoon and on arrival we got a little box of chocolates which was a nice touch. Overall a good stay in a vibrant part of Paris.

• Stayed: December 2017, travelled as a couple

Dear valued guests,

Thanks you for your kind review.

About the room size, rooms are on Parisians standards and even a little bit better.
If you are afraid with the size, you can reserve Deluxe room or Suite rooms what are biggers.

Concerning bathrooms, the style is voluntarily old and not a problem of money.
I am surprised about the problem to use the kettle. Of course, it is absolutly free of charge to use it.
Anyway, all rooms will be equipped very soon with kettle.

But of course I am very sorry for this stupid problem and I send you my apologies .

I am happy to know that you had a good stay .

All my best for 2018.