“great expectations”
Review of Zen Thai Spa

Zen Thai Spa
Ranked #10 of 925 Spas & Wellness in Paris
Reviewed 4 September 2016

so i have planed a visit to Zen Thai Spa when i go to Paris, i had a question about the Hammam, i posted it here but no one answered then i emailed Zen Thai Spa twice but to no reply.
when i got there the lady on the counter did not speak or understand english and no one working there can explane what to expect in the Hammam, so i chose Complete Hammam and relaxing thai massage.
i went to the Hammam first, they told me to go to the steam room then when i finish i can take a shower. Hammam involves scrubbing so i had the impression that the scrubbing will be after the steam, i waited and waited in the steam room then i went to take a shower, there was only soap, so i asked for the scrub and the lady told me there is no scrub! and if i want the scrub i have to pay more.
i took a shower and went to the massage room, it was good but not like the hype.

Date of experience: August 2016
1  Thank nobody850

Reviewed 29 August 2016

I recently received a voucher to go and get a special pregnancy
massage in Zen Thai Spa. I've had many experiences of massages in
SE Asia so I was curious to see what they were worth in Europe.
As soon as I walked through the door, I was conquered: beautiful decor,
relaxing traditional music and the smell...the same you can smell there,
that I had never come across here in Europe.
The staff was very pleasant and calm, the massage incredible. They have
clearly adopted the western idea of relaxation, and it was nice to
fully appreciate the massage without other customers having their phone
constantly ringing or the masseuses shouting to each other as can be heard
in Asia. The ticking of the clock was a little detail that annoyed me at
first but I quickly managed to forget it.
My only regret: to find myself having to get the metro instead of a tuk tuk
in one of the chaotic and horribly hot streets somewhere in SE Asia...

Date of experience: August 2016
Reviewed 22 July 2016 via mobile

We normally go for a massage when we are on vacation in different countries, this is one of the better experiences we've had. Did a couples massage with 30 min hammam scrub. The steam room was good and had rosemary scent. After hammam scrub and steam we had one hour full body massage with hot stones and then 30 minutes head and foot massage. The staff was professional and the massage was very comfortable and good. All in all it was excellent.

Date of experience: July 2016
1  Thank Tonje J
Reviewed 17 July 2016 via mobile

Had a fabulous message! Extremely friendly staff. I did the Hammam with a hot oil and rock deep message for 1 1/2 hours. It was fantastic. Reasonable prices as well. Hidden gem in the 15 Arr. so have your map if a visitor.

Date of experience: July 2016
1  Thank 974chantelll
See more reviews
Reviewed 17 June 2016

We were visiting our daughter in the village and booked in to this lovely Spa. We actually stayed in all three rooms, which were each very different and very comfortable. We do prefer to have an en-suite but only one of the rooms offered this, but the main bathroom in the house was excellent and it wasn't really too much of a problem. We did like the room with the en-suite best though. The breakfast was lovely with fresh warm bread and homemade jams. The couple, Nadine and Noel were so helpful, kind and great hosts. They made the stay very comfortable, giving us lots of advice about the area and even drove my husband to the train station to organise a ticket back to Paris. This is a wonderfully relaxing, beautifully presented and spotlessly clean home from home - we will certainly return if we are ever in the area again.

Date of experience: June 2016