“Montmatre Tour”

Culturefish! Tours
Ranked #81 of 630 Tours in Paris
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Fun, free (donations-based) walks through Paris that give you insight into how to interact with the locals in Paris so you can unlock a warm welcome from them. The city comes to life through stories of Paris' history, fun facts, and SPECTACULAR views. Created by three French-American siblings, Culture Fish Tours are now offered in English and Spanish. Reservations are recommended but not necessary--simply show up at the meeting points!
Reviewed 11 August 2016 via mobile

Took a walking tour with Mark from CultureFish. He was passionate, knowledgeable and kept to time. I really enjoyed the insights he gave on the neighbourhood and our route was well spaced and super linked into the history. Loved this tour and highly recommend it, if you have a whole afternoon 15.30-18.00. And maybe sneak back to the cafe from Amelie afterwards :) Enjoy!

1  Thank Katy W

Reviewed 11 August 2016

Paris is a huge city, and massively overwhelming when wandering alone through the streets. However, our tour with Culturefish really brought to life the stories that existed from decades and centuries ago. My wife and I walked through Montmartre and learned of artists, writers, and the bohemians of yesteryear, while our guide shared stories and brought them to life, helping transport my imagination to a simpler, more vibrant time of Paris' artist renaissance. This tour was free, and was an excellent way to spend an afternoon! Highly recommended if you're looking to see a city but don't know where to even begin.

1  Thank TheRoyalTannenbaum
Reviewed 1 August 2016

Pierre was very personable and very knowledgeable and I loved his incorporation of culture into the tour not just reciting dates, facts and people's names. I feel like we got to know the REAL history and current Montmarte. I would definitely recommend both CultureFish and Pierre!

1  Thank onetessie
Reviewed 29 July 2016 via mobile

Pierre is a wonderful tour guide; very knowledgable and personable. His Montmarte walking tour is the perfect introduction to the neighborhood.

Lasted 2.5 hrs. I think. Saw so many great sights and learned about the real Montmarte away from the unsavory areas around Moulin Rouge.

I highly recommend. Tour free, but remember to bring money for tip.

See more reviews
Reviewed 28 July 2016

So glad I read about Culturefish Tours on tripadvisor. Pierre was a super friendly and knowledgable guide and the Montmartre tour was a wonderful introduction to the area. He takes you to the real Montmartre up the hill and away from the Moulin Rouge/iffy area. So much info and sights - history, artists and their former apartments and favorite restaurants, architecture, sculpture, etc. Also approached Sacre Couer from the back, and went in for few minutes avoiding the hucksters I'd read about all along the main route up hill.

We ate dinner at different restaurants on the Rue des Abbesses both nights we were there per his recommendation.

Tours are free, but be sure to have tip money on hand. He definitely deserves it!