“Pigalle”

50 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 29 helpful votes
“Pigalle”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 February 2012

Full of tourists wisiting nothing between the autocars. Some sex shops, the same than in all over the world. No prostitutes on the place if you are looking for this. They are inside the bars.

4 Thank Lidiwine

• Polish first
  • Turkish first
Paris, France
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 19 helpful votes
“PLEASE DONT VISIT PIGALLE ITS ALL FRAUD PEOPLE THERE IN ALL STRIP CLUBS”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 January 2012

Its a usual fraud happening there in Pigalle .A person or a woman comes saying a discount of 10 EURO for a strip dance and a drink and takes inside the club.Then after some second some ladies approaches you to a dance that too in french languages we wont understand it.After that she starts striping and ordering drinks .I got suspicious for this and said stop i dont want to continue and they get a BIG Bill of 600 EURO per person as we were 2 person
They harrased us like anything .It made my paris trip bad ...:( sorry to say that...
PLZ DONT VISIT PIGALLE ATALL ....YA ONLY ROAMING ON STREETS IS GOOD OPTION DONT GO INSIDE ANY SHOP .......TOO BAD PEOPLE OUT THERE

Visited January 2012
19 Thank SONI t
paris
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 19 helpful votes
“beware”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 December 2011

chanced upon this after i got hit by a similar scam.

i was tempted by a 'sexshow' that was supposed to cost 10 euros. i went in and had a drink served to me. a second one came as soon as i was done and i got suspicious and told them to stop serving. i was then told i could not stay any longer and had to pay for the drinks.

i said 'yeah sure'. big mistake. the bill came up to 200 euros. i told them i did not have enough and they wanted a credit card. fortunately i wasn't carrying my wallet but i did have 100 euros on me. the barman literally grabbed my jacket and went through every pocket to make sure i had nothing else.

i didn't think to fight back or call the cops because i was really shocked. I was just glad to get out of that place.

it seems like this has been going on for ages and it still hasn't been shut down. i really am disappointed.

Visited December 2011
19 Thank shuko q
Johnstown,PA
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 11 helpful votes
“A COOL NIGHT IN PIGALLE”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 November 2011

I'm amazed at the bad reviews for Pigalle. I spent a whole day in Montmartre during my first trip to Paris. I ended up on Boulevard Clichy in front of the Moulin Rouge sitting in the traffic island with alot of others till 2am. I admit I didn't go into any strip clubs, but did enter a place called Sex-O-Dome just for a quick look and there were older women that wanted to hook me in and I just left. There were some hookers about, but no one approached me, even by the clubs. I am a writer and hung out watching people and writing for hours in my notebook. A drunk guy from Senegal bothered me a bit while I was writing, but he knew there was no chance of getting my wallet or camera as I kept my hands in pockets and finally gave him 1 euro cause he said he was hungry. I once had a debit card stolen by a hooker in NYC, but got my money refunded by the bank and never regretted a minute with her. You take that chance when you live life to the fullest. In Paris, I roamed endlessly until the wee hours by myself every night, after drinking beer, and having the tourist travel bag with me, and NOTHING HAPPENED. I would ask anybody, even in dark areas..directions or such in my bad French..and all were very nice indeed. Everyone in Paris was super friendly...I don't deny the stories on here, but honestly common sense and a good attitude could of avoided 95% of these stories. No one should be afraid of Pigalle...go..and enjoy life...just use common sense, that's all! I LOVE PARIS and I LOVE FRANCE! By the way, without even trying, I ended up spending a couple hours with a lovely girl after she offered to take my picture by Notre Dame, and even bought her a rose...which seems a lot nicer than an old strip dance anyway if you are going to spend time in an inspirational city like Paris.

Visited October 2011
11 Thank Aumont67
Vancouver, Canada
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 21 helpful votes
“Avoid the Pigalle clubs - scam with threats of violence”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 October 2011

It seems that I'm not the first to post a review with this information, and I only wish that I had thought ahead and done some research before going myself. Please - if you are reading this - learn from my mistake.
I was enticed into entering one of the strip clubs by the girl working at the door, who explained to me that for the 20 euro entrance fee I would get one drink and can watch the show, and anything beyond that (e.g. lap dances) was to be negotiated with the girls inside.
So I go inside, and given my drink and one of the dancers promptly comes over and starts to give me a lap dance. I did not ask for pricing (big mistake). A couple of songs in, she pretends to accidentally knock over my drink and she quickly offered to get me a free replacement and asked if I would buy her a cocktail at the same time. This should have raised a big warning flag in my head, but I did not act on it. Anyhow, long story short, a few songs later the lap dance comes to an end and ''the manager'' comes over and presents me a bill for 600 euros for 2 drinks and a lap dance.
Needless to say, I got wise to the scam pretty quick at that point. I stonewalled for a few moments saying that I don't have that kind of cash with me......he promptly says that I will then pay by credit card. I'm thinking to myself that there's no way I'm sharing my credit card number with these people and started to tell him that I don't have my credit card with me at which point he said that he would then call his security and the implication was very clear that there was going to be trouble. Anyhow, some more hurried discussion later and the price quickly dropped to ''only'' 100 euros which I unhappily paid and then vacated the premises. Total damage was 120 euros for the half of the drink I had before she pretended to accidentally knock it over and a lap dance that was actually pretty poor compared to others that I've had back home in Canada. And a bit of a fright at the thought of getting roughed up and then presumably having my cash and credit card taken from me by these operators.
In summary - be a lot smarter than I was and steer clear of the strip clubs in the Pigalle area!

Visited October 2011