“Good lunch & drinks ”

Cuisines: French
Neighbourhood: Le Marais
Neighbourhood: Le Marais
Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

Popped in by accident at walk around this neighborhood. Easy going French atmosphere, locals having coffee & wine at desk, owners/waiters polite and organizing your table fast. This could be my regular / living room place too, if I lived in Paris!Fresh house champagne, good quality of tap beer, tasty croque monsier with poilane bread. We had to come back few days later because we liked the place so much. Had cote de boeuf and confit de canard. Tasty good meat and crispy duck. Desserts delicious. Enjoyed small armagnacs, too. We will be back. This place makes us smile. Remember to use your French, and you get nice help, also in English.

Reviewed 25 February 2018

We were recommended this bar/bistrot by our Paris Walks guide quite a few years ago & always try to pop in when we are in that area on our trips.

It's a genuine local's place but do the right thing & say "bonjour", try your best French however bad & you'll get a warm welcome. The food is really nice & simple, together with a selection from all the major wine areas by the glass & both are at reasonable prices.

The owner/waiter will let me ramble on in my Franglais but will happily explain things in English if I'm struggling. I think like most he just appreciates that you "give it a go". In a very cosmopolitan area this I feel is a different experience & we love it. It's not haute cuisine just a bit of reality & I don't think we've ever seen another tourist in it.

Reviewed 10 February 2018 via mobile

Tried out this bar restaurant in passing for a quick lunch. Frequented mainly by locals who were clearly regulars which gave it a great atmosphere very different from many of the other restaurants in the area. Makes me so happy to find such a place. Nice service and good food and wine at a reasonable price. I had the plat du jour and my wife an omelette and salad.

Reviewed 7 January 2018

We had breakfast at Le Petit Saint Paul and absolutely loved it!

The service was great with the waiter attending to us as soon as we were ready to order. We ordered the Croque Monsieur Poilane and the Croque Madame Poilane - both which were absolutely delicious! The meals were quite big and thus, very filling, which was beneficial for fueling us for a day of walking!

Reviewed 16 February 2017 via mobile

I had read several reviews for Le-Petit St Paul and decided this was a place I wanted to try. The wine selection was great the food was savory. The beef was a bit tough, but I am a mid-western girl who comes from the heart of Cattle Country. The flavors were so delightful and the dessert was extremely pleasing. This is a small but delightful restaurant.