All reviews vavin metro port royal great location rooms are small edgar quinet lots of restaurants rer b a couple of minutes walk within walking distance free wifi breakfast room croissants safe area easy access luxembourg gardens restaurants in the area stayed nights
Reviewed 11 March 2018

Had the pleasure to return to this hotel for 3 nights after staying there a couple years back. Like last time, this hotel hotel meets all my requirements:

1. Great location, near Montparnasse
2. Easy access to anywhere via Metro, bus, or walking
3. Nice clean and modern rooms (although slightly small, but this is the norm for this class of hotel).
4. Nice breakfast buffet with everything you can ask for.

Check-in was fast. Was on the 1st floor, in a previlege room overlooking the boulevard Raspail, but noise was not an issue due to 2 sets of windows to block everything.

TV and internet offering was great.

Apparently, I got a great deal when I booked as the staff mentioned it several times at check-in:) Worth booking early and taking advantage of their "ventes prives" and being an Accor member).

You can walk (about 10 min away) to the "Bus Direct" stop across from the Pullman, for a direct bus to the Airports (Roissy and Orly)

I recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: February 2018, travelled solo
Lynda L, Directeur général at Mercure Paris Montparnasse Raspail, responded to this reviewResponded 13 March 2018

Dear Guest,

We are delighted to know that you enjoyed your stay in our establishment and we do thank you for the time dedicated to answer us.

Reviewed 19 February 2018

A good solid hotel. No complaints, but didn't fall in love either.
Everything is as you would want it to be:
- Close to a couple of Metro stops
- Nice neighbourhood
- Very clean, with good condition furnishings
- Comfortable bed, all the lights worked, hangers in the wardrobe
- Friendly and helpful staff
- Didn't have breakfast, but it looked very nice.
- Price was reasonable
So why did I like it a lot, but didn't I love it?
Mercure is like a Big Mac, you know whats coming, the quality is consistently good, the taste is fine but sometimes you yearn for a gourmet burger.

• Stayed: February 2018, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Lee S
Lynda L, Front Office Manager at Mercure Paris Montparnasse Raspail, responded to this reviewResponded 22 February 2018

Dear Lee S,

Thank you very much for your review about our hotel. Each feedback about our daily work and services is a treasure and a ressource to improve ourselves. So, again thank you for taking the time to review!
Your comment sounded particularly relevant to us. We attach a great importance to welcoming our guests in the best conditions, so they feel welcome, almost like at home. We are willing to distinguish ourselves with a team who is always at your service 24/7 and nice and elegant rooms and common areas. Our best reward is your satisfaction !
We are sorry you didn’t get the “Gourmet Burger” effect during y this stay and hope we can host you again, so you can taste the Unforgettable Mercure Touch 
Wishing you a pleasant day,
Best regards,

Sophie

Front Office Manager

Reviewed 7 January 2018

Sorry to be a party pooper, but for me, Mercure Paris Montparnasse Raspail doesn't deserve its 4* label.  The bed rooms are small and so is the lounge area. There is no bar to speak of, and the breakfast room is tiny. The staff is helpful, let me rephrase it: the lone jack-of-all-trade receptionist is efficient. Bathroom toiletries are only provided in the superior rooms. If you need them, you have to beg to get them. My worse experience was with the hair dryer: You can't dry your hair with it! For safety reasons (?) it disconnects every couple of minutes. Apparently, the management has received many complains about it, but doesn't seem to care. I stayed in many Mercure hotels, and had no problems with the hairdryer. My advise to potential guests? bring your own hair dryer, or better still, pick another hotel!

• Stayed: January 2018, travelled solo
1  Thank cariocaleblon
Lynda L, Directeur général at Mercure Paris Montparnasse Raspail, responded to this reviewResponded 11 January 2018

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience. I am sorry that your experience did not meet your expectations; please allow me to express my sincerest apologies.

I'm sorry that the service and delivery were not living up to your expectations, and please accept our sincerest apologies.
I attach great importance to correct our mistakes; I will share your comments with our Housekeeping and Technical departements, to improve the quality of services mentioned.

We strive to provide a superior service experience for every customer; therefore your feedback is very important to us. Please rest assured that we are taking the appropriate measures to address the problem and prevent future occurrence.
I remain at your disposal.

Reviewed 18 December 2017 via mobile

Check in was fast and painless
The room while small was perfect. Modern, clean, tv, balcony overlooking the road, hair dryer, safe, fridge. Lovely and warm too which was much appreciated in the cold Parisian winter weather
Breakfast was fantastic. All the staff were really friendly and helpful.
One stand out moment for me was when we arrived down for breakfast on Monday morning at 10.30am. At checkin we were told breakfast finishes at 11am which was surprisingly late. On our last day, we decided to have a lie in but when we got to the dining room, it was obvious breakfast had finished. When I queried this with reception they told me that breakfast finishes at 10 during the week but 11 at weekends. I was all ready to head off upstairs a little bit annoyed but the receptionist asked for my room number. When she discovered we had paid for breakfast in our room rate, she very kindly offered to get us some breakfast from the kitchen. In a flash, there was a table ready for us and some pastries, bread, juices and coffee were brought to us. Incredible service as she really didn't need to go that extra effort as it was our fault for missing breakfast. It's that kind of service that would make me come back and recommend the hotel to anyone visiting Paris.
The hotel is ideally located between 2 metro stations (Vavin & Raspail) on different lines so it's a piece of cake to get anywhere in Paris you wish with the amazing metro.
I could recommend the hotel to anybody as it was very reasonably priced.
Thanks for a really enjoyable stay

Stayed: December 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Owen F
Lynda L, Directeur général at Mercure Paris Montparnasse Raspail, responded to this reviewResponded 19 December 2017

Dear Owen,

Deputy Manager

Reviewed 7 November 2017

I stayed twice for a night each way before heading back home abroad. It is a pleasant and easy access hotel if you are visiting the city. The room are of good size for a city stay. The breakfast was good and fresh. I stay here at least once a year and I have never been disappointed. I would recommend the hotel.

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com
Lynda L, Directeur général at Mercure Paris Montparnasse Raspail, responded to this reviewResponded 9 November 2017

Dear Marie-Pierre C,

We are delighted to know that you enjoyed your stay in our establishment and we do thank you for the time dedicated to tell us your experience.