All reviews montparnasse station edgar quinet minute walk well run hotel small balcony cafes and restaurants definitely return to this hotel three night stay short stay in paris reception desk hotel is situated yogurt decent hotel quiet side street hot water good size cdg airport
Reviewed 16 October 2018

The Orchidee is within walking distance of the Gare Montparnasse. We arrived before noon but got checked in right away. Had the basic breakfast the first morning but the following mornings went out to a cafe down the street for croissants.

As you go out of the hotel turn left and walk down to the Cantine de Troquet for one of the best dinners in Paris.

Room tip: Room faced the small square, no noise
Date of stay: September 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank lfranc
Reviewed 23 September 2018 via mobile

Stayed here for 2 nights on a business trip. Hotel is fine for a few days and is clean but basic.

Breakfast was minimal but good quality but was very low on seating capacity.

Seating area in the courtyard is nice to relax and have a beer.

Close to local amenities and several bar and brasseries.

Date of stay: September 2018
Trip type: Travelled on business
1  Thank RayL745
Reviewed 17 September 2018

I stayed at the Hotel Orchidee for about 7 nights in April and May of this year. Check-in was easy, although I arrived quite early after my overnight flight. The reception served me a coffee in the lobby as they had a room cleaned for me. What a great way to treat their guests! (The coffee was great, too.)

I had booked for two nights, but had to extend for another three (4?) because my apartment was not ready. That was also an easy transaction. I had reason to speak with the people at the reception desk multiple times during my stay. Medi is without exception the most accommodating person I have encountered at a hotel reception desk and I would like to thank him here for all his help and suggestions. I came back to the hotel about 3 weeks later for a night before returning to the USA and had the same experience, and again, Medi was exceptional.

My room was great- on the small side, and I would have preferred a door or curtain on the shower, but I figured out how to deal with it. My second room did not have the shower problem. The rooms were immaculate and met my needs. Both were on the courtyard side- I highly recommend that. Very quiet, even if there are a few guests sitting in the courtyard. The further your room is from the elevator (courtyard side) the less vis-a-vis there is with the building across the courtyard. My first room (corner) opened only to the courtyard, with no view onto other apartments. The room was tastefully decorated. There was no mini-fridge, but I imagine that's normal at this star level? My room was cleaned well each day. There was a safe, TV, and hairdryer. Everything worked.

The breakfast is reasonable and good. It changed a bit from day to day, but not much. There are some deli meats, bakery items, yogurt, fruit, and cheese daily. I think there were also hard boiled eggs. The coffee is excellent. If you want something you don't see, ask- they may have it. The breakfast room staff is helpful and friendly, too! The blonde woman with a slight accent in French welcomed me warmly everyday.

The neighborhood is quiet, which I appreciated. It is an easy walk (10 min?) to Montparnasse station. Gaité and Pérnety metro stops are close by as well. This is not an animated restaurant/bar/tourist area, although you can get to those areas easily from here. Most anything you need is in walking distance. There is a grocery store across the street where you can pick up snacks or any little things you forgot. This hotel would be appropriate for tourists, people with children, and for business travelers who do not need business support at the hotel. The WiFi was great. I also had good cell phone reception (FreeMobile). They offer drop off to CDG airport via a shuttle that costs about 26€, which is a good price.

I highly recommend this hotel, both due to its physical qualities and the friendliness and helpfulness of its staff. Thank you for your warm reception during my longer than expected stay.

Room tip: Courtyard side rooms are quiet.
Date of stay: April 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
Marc_Jolivet, Directeur général at Hotel Orchidee, responded to this reviewResponded 18 September 2018

Dear Madam

What a pleasure to read your enthusiastic feedback on the Hotel Orchidee

Your satisfaction is our team’s best reward. It is also an incentive for them to make our guests’ stay unforgettable!

You are one of our best Ambassadors to promote the hotel.

We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Warm regards

Reviewed 29 August 2018 via mobile

Room was clean and comfortable. Wifi speed was good. Location is easily accessible through Montparnasse station which is about 10mins walk.

Location is quiet in the evenings as there isn’t much happening in the vicinity.

Date of stay: August 2018
Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 11 July 2018 via mobile

This is our third visit to Hotel Orchidee. Our room was upgraded to a suite. Wonderful service. Extremely friendly and helpful staff. Bar has a fantastic atmosphere. We watched world cup on fantastic quality T. V. You really have to go a long way to beat this place on quality of breakfast, rooms and value for money. Ideal base for touring Ghent and Bruges. Thank you for looking after us so well on our 4 day stay

Date of stay: July 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank Frankysgranny
Marc_Jolivet, Directeur général at Hotel Orchidee, responded to this reviewResponded 12 July 2018

Dear sir

What a pleasure to read your enthusiastic feedback on the Hotel Orchidee

You are one of our best Ambassadors to promote the hotel. We hope that this sunday our football team will win this world cup !

We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Warm regards