“Basic and rude - For the price go elsewhere.”

France Eiffel Hotel
Ranked #1,274 of 1,797 Hotels in Paris
Nice, France
“Basic and rude - For the price go elsewhere.”
Reviewed 4 July 2011

I found the staff, particularly the male receptionist to be extremely rude and unhelpful. First I was too early to check in so I left my luggage in the unlocked cupboard right next to the open main entrance, without being offered any help to lift it. Then I returned to check in later, I booked a Superior double and was given a Standard room which was tiny with miniature shower, totally outdated. When I explained to the receptionist that I had booked superior room he tried to convince me this WAS a superior room. I actually went as far as showing him the pictures from their own website to which he replied 'So you have pictures, good for you, I don't know what your room looks like.' At this point he said perhaps you want to speak to the manager then pointed me to her office! Eventually the manager did give my my correct room and was apologetic. The Superior room was just acceptable and would be a standard room anywhere else. No Air-conditioning and security is woeful with only a bathroom style door knob lock on the room door. The breakfast was stingy, I don't think they could have found any smaller glasses for the juice, the croissants were like little baby ones and there were UHT milk pots for the coffee. The only plus points were free WiFi and location. For the money I would definitely look elsewhere.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled as a couple
4 Thank Banokles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
  • Turkish first
Reviewed 2 July 2011

Coming from a long drive, hotel Eiffel At Rue st Charles was a welcome, although our sat nav got confused as to which hotel Eiffel was it as there was a number of similar hotels in Paris. Must take note that this hotel is on Rue St Charles. It's a good base for exploring major sites to see and conveniently located in a residential area with a pub on the corner and several restaurants around. You can see Eiffel tower from the street. I am used to the musty smell of old buildings in Paris but this is going to be a problem to those who is very particular about smell.. The only thing I can suggest was to have Air freshener for the room. The breakfast was superb!! It had a hearty selection and the hostess was happy to cook how you like your eggs..would happily return.

• Stayed June 2011
1 Thank Montaniels
Reviewed 26 February 2011

Great location, very close to the hot spot - Eiffel Tour! Lovely restaurants and cafe's near by. Lovely room to sleep in and comfy bed. Nice and cozy place to come back to we enjoyed our stay. Receptionists are not very friendly and the breakfast room is small and limited but apart from that I have no complaints and really enjoyed my stay as did my family. Merci Beacoup! XX

• Stayed February 2011
4 Thank MaddieLovesSpain
Barcelona
Reviewed 8 February 2011

I stayed here for three nights with my mom. She is used to 5* accommodation so I was slightly concerned about booking a 3* hotel however, we were both really pleased! It is not a 5* but it is really clean, in an excellent location and the staff are really helpfull. It was warm, quiet, very close to the tube station, Eiffel Tower and a selection of reasurants and cafe's. What more can you ask for?! We had a fantastic stay and would definately stay here again.

• Stayed February 2011
3 Thank sbanner
England
Reviewed 3 February 2011

My daughter booked this break for us (me and her) as a Christmas gift. I was a little weary when I read some of the reviews on Trip Advisor, but actually my fears were unfounded.
We had a really nice room, which was spotlessly clean, warm and comfortable. Yes, it was on the small side, but I have stayed in hotels all over the world, and it is no smaller than other hotel rooms in big cities - (if you think this is small don't book into the Sheraton in New York!!!)
It was convenient for the station and the Eiffel Tower, supermarkets, and a couple of restaurants.
The staff were really helpful. We arrived way before book in time but they arranged to have the room cleaned straight away so that we could book in, and leave the bags in our room so that we could enjoy the rest of the day. We didn't notice any noise but I think that might be because we packed so much into our days we fell asleep very quickly!
I would have absolutely no hesitation in recommending this hotel to anyone who wanted to stay near the Eiffel Tower.
I had a really fantastic time. (The company was pretty good too!) x

• Stayed January 2011