“A beautiful experience with so much to see”

Musee des Arts Decoratifs
Ranked #102 of 1,254 things to do in Paris
More attraction details
Fee: Yes
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Museum with incredible and well laid-out collection of furniture and clothing designs form the Middle Ages all the way through the 21st century. Make sure you leave enough time to see all the floors.
Reviewed 20 June 2016

Touring the rooms filled with 18th century furniture, dishes, and other exquiste antiques, including the bedroom, bathroom, and parts of the livng room of the designer Jeanne Lanvin, had even my husband in awe. We spent several hours viewing everything on every floor. Beautifully presented, this is really a beauty of a museum . We happened to be there during the exhibition of fashion through 3 centuries which I did myself and could have spent several more hours there. Fabulous!

Reviewed 20 June 2016

As a clothes lover I was very much looking forward to visiting this museum and naturally had high expectations as Paris is at the forefront of style. However, I did find the museum disappointing overall. I spent less than an hour in there. The jewellery displays were extensive but I found the clothes displays to be lacking. I spent most of my time in the Barbie exhibition, which though fun was not what I was looking for. I highly recommending the Paris Pass for this museum. I was able to walk past the extensive queue and straight into the museum.

Reviewed 18 June 2016

There are several exhibits at the museum that are exceptional and really fun. Especially if you have young girls traveling with you. Actually I went by myself and loved it. Barbie exhibit brings back many memories and the Fashion exhibit is beautifully displayed. If you love fabric and wallpaper, see Pierre Frey.

Reviewed 17 June 2016

We only toured the side that displayed interior decorations and fabrics. I was not interested in the Barbie exhibits. What we saw was fascinating and the displays were thoughtfully laid out. Not crowded at all. Adults will probably find it more interesting than children because it is something of a recent history collection.

Reviewed 14 June 2016

My daughter loves fashion so this museum was recommended. So glad we went. We spent a bit of time in the main part of the museum which had some interesting and varied items (textiles, paper art, furnishings) but then spent most time in the Fashion Forward special exhibit and the Barbie exhibit. It was great seeing fashions and how they have changed from the 1700's to present day. The Barbie exhibit is quite extensive and tells the story of how Barbie started and how it has changed over the years. Definitely worth visiting.