“Good value, but gotta fix the key cards”

Timhotel Paris XVII Bd Berthier
Ranked #872 of 1,804 Hotels in Paris
Reviewed 31 July 2017

For the price it's a good value. Do book your room online, as the front desk can't offer the same prices available online. Convenient location in a nondescript neighborhood, but right on two major metro lines, so easy to get anywhere. The rooms were clean & comfortable, albeit basic given the price. The staff were lovely and quite helpful. As others have noted, the key cards don't work well. I had to get a new one every single time I left my room. And given that everyone carries a cell phone, why would you have key cards that are disabled by them? I never carried it in the same pocket with my cell phone, so that's not the issue. The last day it stopped working altogether, and even the housekeeper & front desk master cards didn't work. They had to call a workmen to dismantle the door so I could get in my room--I very nearly missed my train because of the delay. Fix that problem and this would be a good value for the price.

Room Tip: Book online for best price
  • Stayed: July 2017, travelled on business
Timhotel B, Réceptionniste at Timhotel Paris XVII Bd Berthier, responded to this reviewResponded 3 August 2017

Dear Jeff,
Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts about your experience at Timhotel Berthier Paris 17.
Indeed if you want to benefit from a better rate than ours it is better; because you will find offers such as with breakfast included for exemple.
Today all hotels have magnetic keys and when they are in contact with mobile phones; coin or electronic chips; they become demagnetized.
I agree that this was painful during your stay, please accept our flat apologies for the inconvenience.
Best Regards,
Elva

There are newer reviews for Timhotel Paris XVII Bd Berthier

Reviewed 23 July 2017

Location : easy to reach by metro, outside metro station Porte De Clichy on line 13. 15 mins by car from Nord station which costs around 10-13 euros.
safety wise I didn't like it much as after 11 PM they close hotel doors and some construction work was going on nearby and in front of hotel.
Check in : quite easy and the staff was helpful. you have to pay city tax at time of check-in.
Room : My room was not very great but at this cost it was okay. No complaints but no praise either.
Check out : checkout time is 12 noon which is quite convenient. They provide free of charge locker room which is very helpful.

Other Amenities : Free internet, print out facility, vending machine, restaurant and Bar.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
Timhotel B, Premier de réception at Timhotel Paris XVII Bd Berthier, responded to this reviewResponded 26 July 2017

Dear shubhtiwari,

Thank you for sharing your valuable feedback regarding your last experience in our Timhotel Paris Berthier.
I am glad to read you appreciated our location, the staff and services we offer to our customers.
We hope to see you soon in our hotel and we stay at your disposal for any other further reservation you may have.

Reviewed 22 July 2017

The people at the hotel are great and nice. Our hotel room's bathroom was falling apart and looked like it was never cleaned. The area around the hotel at night was unsafe. For example, the Burger King across the street had a guard at night.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Timhotel B, Premier de réception at Timhotel Paris XVII Bd Berthier, responded to this reviewResponded 23 July 2017

Dear rickybobby2017,

I would like to thank for sharing your valuable feedback about your last parisian experience in our Timhotel Paris Berthier.
I am glad to know our staff looked well over you during your stay. The customer's satisfaction is the best reward in our job.
Know that renovation works are planned in the hotel in order to improve rooms quality and offer a better service.
We stay at your disposal for any other reservation.

Reviewed 20 July 2017 via mobile

Overall nothing really to complain about, bit dated, rooms could do with a lick of paint, but pretty good value and good location, building works local don't cause nuisance, just make it look a little messy!

Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
Timhotel B, Receptionniste at Timhotel Paris XVII Bd Berthier, responded to this reviewResponded 23 July 2017

Dear client,
First of all, I would like to thank you so much for choosing the Timhotel Berthier Paris 17, and for taking the time to share your valuable feedback. It is always a pleasure to get great reviews from our guests and to know that they enjoyed their stay with us.
I am glad to read that you appreciated our location and the rooms.
Elva

Reviewed 12 July 2017

We booked this hotel via Expedia through Eurostar well advance. We clearly mentioned that we are two adults and two children in written form but when we arrived there at the reception then receptionist said we can not allow you all in one room, you have to take another adjacent room with today's high price. We just arrived and had no other option.We took that another room as well for one night. Receptionist also mentioned that we can give you this room for only one night. After all we stayed one night and wasted all of our first day with receptionist and moved to another hotel next day. Hotel service is horrible, no communication. lift was not working, small rooms, very bad, don't go to this hotel if you don't want to ruined your trip.

Room Tip: Never go to this hotel
  • Stayed: June 2017, travelled with family
2  Thank salman s

Dear salman s,

Thank you for taking time to share your feedback about your recent stay in our Timhotel Paris Berthier.
I am so sorry to read you did not appreciate our hotel's services and also for the missunderstanding you had at your arrival.
I personally re-checked your reservation on Expedia.com and the booking was for 2 adults only, so no child has been mansioned in it. I suggest you to talk about it with your private agency who made the reservation on Expedia.
After that, my collegues refused to accept 4 people in a single room simply because it is not legal. Security and assurance reasons do not allow us to put more than 2 persons per room. That's why you had to pay for a second one.
I am sorry again for the missunderstanding but it did not depend of the hotel's will.
I stay at your disposal for any other further information you may have.