All reviews marilyn monroe round bed honesty bar themed hotel eiffel tower charles michel metro led lights steam room and sauna minute walk metro station fun hotel booked this hotel unique hotel cool hotel superior room romantic weekend hotel is located
Reviewed 7 January 2018

The hotel was reasonably quiet, being down a side street, yet close to shopping and the Eiffel tower. Unfortunately there were building works on the road, with metal plates covering holes and every time a car drove over at night there was a loud clang. But that is not the reason for disappointment. We had high expectations after reading other reviews. The room was spacious enough and the bathroom interesting. Yet, the beds were very soft, resulting in a back ache after the second night. We asked for another room and were given an option which was firstly much smaller, but more importantly had a strange smell, as if something had been cooked in the room. We were then promised another option the next morning, which never materialised. The breakfast area is very cramped with tables so close that when you get up to go to the buffet you need to be careful not to sweep things off the neighbouring table. On top of that, not all food is replenished. On at least one morning the scrambled eggs were cold and on another none were left in the tray. I then asked for a fried egg and was told this wasn't possible.The cheese seemed to be the same tired looking slices on several occasions. One of the main reasons for booking the hotel was the so-called spa. Well, yes there is a steam room and sauna, but absolutely nowhere to sit between sessions except on the cold tiled floor - or a broken plastic chair - which completely negates the experience. I would not stay here again.

• Trip type: Travelled with family
Maxime O, Directeur général at Platine Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 14 January 2018

Dear guest,
I thank you for taking time to share your opinion about your stay at the Platine.
I m really sorry if your stay didn't meet your expectations. As we discussed together I really appreciate your feedback and I hope we will have the opportunity to welciome you again.
I remain at your disposal.

Reviewed 23 December 2017

The hotel is nice despite some disturbing issues that I faced, such as noise coming from the nieborhood at the midnight and every night, and also for the housekeeping, the room service is poor as well the menue, but overall the hotel is a nice place and perfect location

• Trip type: Travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Maxime O, Directeur général at Platine Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 24 December 2017

Dear Ahmed,
Thank you for taking time to share your opinion about your stay at the Platine.
I really apology for the noise, unfortunately it happens sometimes that other guests staying at the hotel don't really care about all the other guests and I m very sad that this distrubs your stay. Regarding the housekeeping I will follow up with the team for them to be more carefull when they work.
Concerning the room service menu, I acknowledge that we don't have a lot of choices, however, as we are a boutique hotel without restaurant, we have a limited choice in order to provide fresh food to our guests and nothing frozen.
I hope you will come to stay again at the Platine and I apology once again for the inconvenience you experienced.
Remaining at your disposal.

Reviewed 21 December 2017 via mobile

Myself and my wife stayed there for 2 nights on 15th Dec ,
Very helpfull and friendly staff.
Room was small but nicely laid out and red lights in shower are class.
25 minute walk to Eiffel Tower but you will need to get a taxi or metro
to the nightlife area. Metro is 2 minutes walk from hotel.
All in all a plesent stay.

Dear guest,
Thank you very much for sharing your experience at the Platine,
I will let the staff know about your nice comment.
I can see you like the localisation of the hotel, we are very lucky to have this great location in a quiet district but close to main parisian attraction.
We hope to welcome you again very soon.

Reviewed 9 December 2017 via mobile

This hotel is ideal for young cuples! Room decoration is fabulous. I like too the bathroom with led lights and the separate wc room. My room had a huge round bed like a movie decor! Stuff is very friendly!

Date of stay: June 2017
1  Thank johnkP3924LQ
Maxime O, Directeur général at Platine Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 10 December 2017

Dear John.
It's such a pleasure to read your comment.
I see that you stay in one of our superior rooms with the round bed, these rooms are definately ideal for couple because of their romantic atmosphere.
I will let the staff know about your feedback, it's the best reward for us.
Hope to see you soon at the Platine.

Reviewed 4 December 2017

A really chic well appointed boutique hotel that provides an excellent place to stay and is great value. Very short leaking distance from Charles Michel Metro. All staff very friendly too Can really recommend.

Date of stay: November 2017
1  Thank Belinda W

Dear Belinda,
Thank you so much for this very nice review.
You can be sure I will share your feedback with the whole team, they will be very happy to read it.
I hope Platine is now your new place to be in Paris.
See you soon.