All reviews place monge rue mouffetard great location small room modern hotel quartier latin the hotel staff rain shower bars and restaurants recommend this hotel euros per person cdg airport visiting paris wi fi comfy bed close to metro station pleasant stay
Reviewed 30 November 2017 via mobile

Genuinely don't know where to begin with this one. For starters we seemed to interrupt the receptionists lunch when we arrived, she wasn't too keen on helping us at all! Couldn't wait to get rid of us and not a single smile throughout our whole check in experience, it was nowhere near what was advertised! Our room was less than half the size of the one that was shown in the pictures but it was very comfortable and the shower was absolutely immense! Best shower in a long time.. Every night when we came back to the hotel we had to go down to reception as our card wouldn't work after housekeeping was in the room! The black gentleman in reception was absolutely ignorant, I asked him for an adapter for my girlfriend as she needed it for her hairdryer and we forgot to pick one up!He quite aggressively told me "10 minutes" as he handed it ober which i just thought was very rude.. When I thanked him after I brought it back he didn't even respond to me. then when I wasn't feeling great I asked my girlfriend to ask reception for some water as we were not sure if the toilet tap water was drinkable. He told us no..? A hotel with no drinking water are you kidding me? Absolutely disgraceful .. then we wanted to have tea we boiled the tap water only to find the milk in the room was gone off and came out as one big lump. With that went any appetite for the continental breakfast. I seriously regret not consulting trip advisor before booking this hotel. The only nice person we met during our stay was the black haired lady who kindly helped us print off our Disney tickets with a smile and was always pleasent and the gentleman who helped us check out! So basically wouldn't be reccomending this this hotel as we felt the cons well outweighed the pros, the BW website said the staff were completely obliging but I'd say that they are completely hit and miss and it just depends on who you come across. Have nothing against best western as I stayed with them in LA and had a fantastic stay!

Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple
Guillaume H, Gérant at Best Western Quartier Latin Pantheon, responded to this reviewResponded 2 December 2017

Good Afternoon,
First, we thank you for completing the survey regarding your recent stay at our property.
On behalf of our entire team, we would like to apologise for not exceeding your expectations.
Your satisfaction is important to us and we will be using the feedback you gave us to implement improvements to ensure we offer a better experience for guests in the future.
We would like to inform you that the water from the sink in the bathroom is absolutely drinkable and that what the receptionists meant when you requested some water, we were out of bottle of water at that time as it was expected to be delivered the next morning.
However, we hope that you will consider staying with us again so that we can have another chance to provide you with a superior experience.
Sincerely Yours,

Reviewed 26 October 2017

My girlfriend and I recently stayed at this hotel, and while the location, and staff were good, the room was rather small, although we have since been told this common for Paris. Our disappointment mainly stems from (1) The size of the lift, barely could get two people in it, let alone luggage as well (2) The breakfast, that was prepaid, consisted of cereal, boiled eggs, that you cooked yourself, any other form of eggs would have to be paid for , stale bread for toast that you made yourself,croissants, and pancakes which I think were the same ones every day, or so they appeared. All this for $381 Australian dollars a night. I do not think so. Our advise when in Paris, get your breakfast on the go, plenty of shops to choose from. We definitely will next time, and at a different hotel. Hooroo Garry Fitzpatrick and Margaret Wasiak

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
Guillaume H, Gérant at Best Western Quartier Latin Pantheon, responded to this reviewResponded 27 October 2017

Good Afternoon,
First, we thank you for having chosen our hotel "Best Western Quartier Latin Panthéon". We apologize that your arrival and stay did not exceed your expectations.
We value your business and your comments which are very important for us.
By letting us know what you liked during your stay, and how to improve, you're helping us to provide for you and future guests a superior experience in our hotel.
We are sorry about the size of lift but as for many hotels in Paris buildings such as ours, it is not very possible to have a bigger lift as we would have to reduice the capacity of our hotel.
As for the breakfast, we invite guests to cook on their own the eggs as each guest has its preferrences and they could decide between hard boiled eggs or melting eggs by using the timer.
We inform you that we propose a large buffet with salted items (two kinds of ham and sausages, eggs...) and sweet items (crepes/pancakes, "pain au chocolat", "croissant", "pain aux raisins"...) cooked each morning and we also have 3 types of cereals, 2 types of bread, different marmelades, different cheeses and yogourts, fruits salad, fresh fruit, juices, water, milk (hot and cold on request) and hot drinks, everything for unlimited access to our guests during breakfast hours.
Although you have encountered these inconveniences, we hope that you will consider to stay with us again soon in order to have the chance to offer you a better experience as you appreciated the location and the staff.

Reviewed 22 October 2017

Hotel was nice, despite not being a 4-star or above. In fact, I don't have any complaints other than the police coming to my room and barging in. (Yes, you heard right) I had checked in Monday afternoon (9.25) and immediately took a nap afterwards (I was tired from traveling). Next thing I know (almost an hour into my nap), I hear the voices of men coming from outside the door. They knock, I hear someone yell, "police", and I get up to put on my pants and get the door. But before I get a chance to put on my clothes (I was in my drawers), they open up the door and make gestures with their hands like "we're sorry" and they back off. Clearly, I was not who they were looking for.

So I go downstairs after my nap (let's say an hour later) and tell the guy at the front desk (he's the only person working there at the moment), what happened. He barely speaks English, but he basically discredited my story of it being the cops and said, "it was the maintenance guys". Look, I know what I saw and what I heard. And if it was the maintenance guys, they still had no reason coming inside that quickly...that was a major disappointment.

I will say, the hotel was very clean and in a great location...great proximity to restaurants, bakeries, street food vendors, grocery stores, and the metro was a less than 5 minute walk away. However, this is the type of hotel for someone constantly on the go, someone who just needs a decent spot to rest their head. The room was small and kind of pricey, but that's Paris for ya!

If that incident didn't happen, I would have given them 4 or 5 stars.

Stayed: September 2017
Guillaume H, Gérant at Best Western Quartier Latin Pantheon, responded to this reviewResponded 4 November 2017

Good Afternoon,
First, we thank you for having stayed in our hotel "Best Western Quartier Latin Panthéon".
We apologize that your stay did not exceed your expectations.
We value your business and your comments which are very important for us.
We are sorry about the intrusion of the staff in your room while your were there.
We will make sure this will never happen again in the future.
Although you have encountered this inconvenience, we hope that you will consider to stay with us again soon in order to have the chance to offer you a superior experience.

Reviewed 17 October 2017 via mobile

Good location. Recently Updated hotel in old building. Front desk staff very friendly and helpful. Loved the feel. Nice queen bed in a small room. Two complaints: WiFi is so spotty that it is useless~ even downstairs computer would not attach. Cannot buy just coffee~have to buy 7eu breakfast. Therefore, 2 coffees cost us 14eu.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple

Good Afternoon,
We value your business and comments which are very important for us.
By letting us know what you appreciated during your stay, and how we could improve, you help us to provide for you and other guests a better experience in our hotel in the future.
We remain at your disposal for any information or request you might have.
We hope that you enjoyed your stay with us and that we will have the pleasure to see you again soon.

Reviewed 16 October 2017

Our tour group of 16 people from the U.S. and Australia stayed at this hotel for two nights at the beginning of our tour of Paris and the Loire Valley. Several of our tour group members came to the hotel in advance of the tour and stayed extra nights. Fortunately for my husband and I, we did not. Our sixth floor room was tiny - yes, I know all hotel rooms in major European cities are small - but this was really tiny. We couldn't even find the air conditioning until another member of our group explained where to find it! Some of our tour group members never got maid service. Our key NEVER worked, we routinely had to stop at the front desk to get it recharged. We will be recommending that the tour company avoid this hotel in the future. I do want to say that Laura, the front desk attendant, was exceptionally nice and called a physician for us from SOS Medical - she was great, and even the other members of the hotel staff were quite pleasant, but the actual facility needs improvement. If it weren't for our experience with Laura, we would have rated this even lower.

Room Tip: Ask for a room that does not face the main street
  • Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
Guillaume H, Gérant at Best Western Quartier Latin Pantheon, responded to this reviewResponded 18 October 2017

Good Afternoon,
We value your comments which are very important for us.
We apologize that your stay did not exceed your expectations.
We inform you that the room is cleaned every day, exceptions when you tell to the front desk that no service or no cleaning requested.
As for the air conditioning, we would have told you where to turn it on if you have asked it to the reception desk.
We invite all guests to let all staff knows at any moment if there is anything to make their stay more pleasant and we had no other complaints about noise from other guests.
However, we hope that you enjoyed your stay and to see again soon to have the chance to provide a superior experience.