“Small, quiet, good location”
Review of Hotel Corona Opera

Hotel Corona Opera
Ranked #356 of 1,805 Hotels in Paris
Reviewed 12 October 2017

The Hotel Corona Opera is a typical “budget” hotel near l’Opera (Palais Garnier) in downtown Paris, but feels more charming due to older architecture and interiors - including a small elevator in the center of the stairwell. Breakfast, which was included, featured the best meats and cheeses, eggs, and pastries of all kinds. Juice selection was great. The free WiFi had some dead spots inside my room. The tv offerings did not include any movie channels. The hotel is conveniently located just one block from the Grands Boulevards metro stop.. so it won’t take you more than 20 minutes to get anywhere you need to be. The giant shopping destinations (Galleries Lafayette and Printemps), along with tons of local and international restaurant choices, are just steps away. This is the perfect hotel for a quick Parisian weekend either solo or with a friend. Probably not the best for large family trips. Hotel has good security and basically locks down overnight. The hotel’s front desk can make airport transfer and some local tour arrangements.

• Stayed: November 2016, travelled with friends
1  Thank Miguel T
Horacio P, Directeur général at Hotel Corona Opera, responded to this reviewResponded 16 October 2017

Dear Guests,

Thank you for your comment on Tripadvisor. We are happy to read that you enjoyed your stay with us and hope to welcome you again in the future.

Reviewed 7 October 2017 via mobile

Very welcoming, very clean, friendly staff, great location plenty of good places to eat and drink
Of the main street hidden away its ideal
Bars stay open till 4am and food served till late
Would stay again for sure
Well worth it

Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
Horacio P, Directeur général at Hotel Corona Opera, responded to this reviewResponded 10 October 2017

Dear Guests,

Thank you for taking the time to write your review on your stay with us. We are happy to read that you were staisfied with your stay and that you enjoyed our service.
We hope to welcome you again soon.

Kin dregards
Horacio Popa

Reviewed 29 September 2017 via mobile

This is a pleasant hotel in a good location. As other reviewers note, the rooms are small but comfortable. I found the staff helpful. The breakfast satisfactory. It is therefore a good value for what it advertises. The wifi however is so bad I had to go to Starbucks to do anything more than basic email.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled on business

Dear Guests,

We thank you for your review and are gald that your stay was satisfactory, we are working to improove our wifi system and hope to provide a better experience for you next stay with us.

Reviewed 26 August 2017 via mobile

I liked this hotel. Basic, and met my needs.

Location: Great location. Paris streets are narrow, so this would somewhat seem like an alley. It is in a quiet corner and only a minute away from the main stret-Grand Boulevard where there several train stations throughout the street; restaurants including Chipotle, Hard Rock, Buger King (or was it McDs); Holiday Inn Hotel, that had beautiful decor ( meals and drinks were pretty pricey here & not worth it, but is the only place opened late around that area); shuttle stops for hop-on-hop off busses; museum Grevin; Opera house; walking distance to The Louvre museum-great location away from the hustle and bustle, but just a stone tjrow away from all the action.
There restaurants on the other side of the hotel too, on a more quiet street if you're trying to be away from the noisy main streets.

Rooms-Mine was pretty small, but was solo, so no big deal. Had a nice wide window; clean, and had a kettle, coffee and tea; a TV; table; stand for your lagguage and small wardrobe. They cleaned and made my bed everyday.
The elevator is TINY! Was a tight squeeze with my backpack and medium sized suitcase.

Service-Everyone was nice and friendly. Francis was pretty cool and helpful, so was mmhh...can't think of his name, but young handsome receptionist who used to be there in the morning/day time. They'll give you all the tips, dos and do not dos and how to map out your day depending on wjat makes the most sense etc. Loved the staff there!

Breakfast-complimentary. Pretty basic, but nice.

Transportation- I used pblic transportation to get there coz I wanted to experience Paris as a local. The hotel organized a van for my departure flight from Paris. I paid €26 for that. You have to let them know at least a day before and have to pay by cash.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed 17 August 2017 via mobile

Dear Manager,

My parents just came back from the trip from France and they spent 7 nights there. It was first time to travel to France for my parents and they were there for their niece's wedding party. They don't speak both English and French, but as our family policy, whenever we go abroad we respect the culture and people there and at least try to say "Hello" and "Thank you" in local language. According to my mother, she hate to say like Black hotel employee at reception (maybe his family roots is from Africa) she didn't remember his name though, but whenever she said to him "Bon Jour" in morning with her full smile face, he ignored and never replied to her. I don't know the reason why he never replied to her, but she said it was very disappointed. I consider hotel reception is the face and symbol of the hotel and If his attitude was on purpose, I'd recommend him to study what hospitality is again. If he changes his attitude by race or nationality, I'd judge him he's uneducated and unsophisticated and wonder the hotel hiring like him is also have same idea. As a hotelman he was not
professional enough and the problem is he doesn't notice his problem. I usually don't write this kind of feedback, however my parents had a very good time except for that. So I'm writing this for his future and also hotel development.

Sonoko from Japan

Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
Horacio P, Directeur général at Hotel Corona Opera, responded to this reviewResponded 18 August 2017

Dear Sonoko,

Thank you very much for the time taken to write this review. We are happy to read that your parents enjoyed their stay in Paris. I really regret the impression left by the discribed behavior of the night receptionnist and appologize for his attitude. Members of our front desk staff were on holiday during the summer and the person you refer to is working only temporary with us. Please be assured that your remarks will be shared with him, our goal is our client's satisfaction.
We hope to have the chance to welcome your parents back with another occasion.