“Outstanding staff and excellent accomodations”

Hotel Malte - Astotel
Ranked #23 of 1,805 Hotels in Paris
Reviewed 18 October 2017

What a great hotel......staff was superior and helped in every way possible. Would definitely return. Hotel is an easy walk to the Louvre, Musee d'Orsay and the Opera.
I can't say enough about the staff------exceptional courtesy. I left an item and they mailed it free of charge to me in Angers, France. Will definitely stay here on our next visit to France.

Room Tip: Upgrade beyond the standard room
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
3  Thank Julie H
Paris_Asto, Directeur général at Hotel Malte - Astotel, responded to this reviewResponded 8 November 2017

Dear Julie, thank you for this comment. We are pleased to hear that you liked the hotel and its location in the Louvre area. We hope to see you again at the Malte Hotel - Astotel for your next stay in Paris.

Reviewed 14 October 2017 via mobile

Staying at Hotel Malta was a very pleasant experience. Conveniently located in central Paris, it was incredibly easy to get anywhere by foot or short taxi ride. The staff was extremely gracious, and Jean Pierre in particular was super helpful and very friendly. The hotel itself was also much nicer than we expected. The free breakfast and afternoon snacks were a nice surprise as well. We would definitely stay here again.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
5  Thank Brian T

Thank you very much Brian for your comment. We are happy and proud to have been able to meet all your expectations and hope to see you again very soon.

Reviewed 13 October 2017 via mobile

I chose to stay in 2 different Astotel hotels, Joke (3*) and Malte (4*), during my recent trip to Paris. I felt that Malte was not differentiated from Joke as a 4* hotel. In fact, I thought my stay in Joke was better for the following reasons:
1. Toiletries was the same for both hotels
2. Joke has a ergonomically designed rack for suitcase whilst I had to leave my suitcase on the floor in Malte
3. Breakfast and open bar were similar in both
4. Receptionists were warmer and more pleasant in Joke compared with Malte

Areas both Joke and Malte could improve on:
1. Provide basic hygiene items like ear cotton buds and cotton pads

I would also like to commend staff, Jean Pierre, during breakfast service at Malte. He's pleasant and always ready to serve, constantly checking that we are well looked after during breakfast. He also made effort to learn numerous languages to connect with guests. Certainly commendable in this area. Jean is definitely an asset to Malte and he has made a difference during breakfast service for guests.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled solo
5  Thank Geof G
Reviewed 12 October 2017

We arrived early and the Staff was able to provide us our room. This is great after hours of travel from the US. The staff does everything it can to ensure our stay with them was exceptional. The Hotel is clean and the room is clean, would stay again for sure.

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
2  Thank MnWonderer

Thank you very much for your recommendation. Our customers' satisfaction is the most important thing for us. We are looking forward to seeing you on your next trip to Paris.

Reviewed 11 October 2017

I stayed here in June with my girlfriends for one night. We came to Paris to celebrate my 50th birthday. There were 3 of us so we had the duplex with a double bed downstairs and 2 twins on the mezzanine - perfect for our needs. The room was beautifully appointed with high ceilings and big windows with a view of the street. It was bright and welcoming. I was pleasantly surprised to find a bottle of champagne left in our room to help celebrate my birthday. Nice touch. it made my day. They also booked a lovely restaurant for us. Having the free breakfast and snacks throughout the day was a bonus The location was also very good - close to all attractions and the shopping even though we didn't have enough time to do either. I will be coming to Paris next week with my family and would have stayed here again but the duplex rooms were not available, so we have opted for another Astotel hotel (Le 123 Sebastepol) which could accommodate a family in a similar room. I hope the service will be as good as in Hotel Malte as the staff there were exceptional. Thanks for making our stay memorable.

Room Tip: All rooms are good but duplex excellent for families. I prefer rooms as the front.
  • Stayed: June 2017, travelled with friends
2  Thank StarMonxo

Thank you for your wonderful message. We are delighted to hear that you and your girlfriends like our facilities and enjoyed your stay. I will personnaly thank our staff after your nice comment. Also, I hope to see you again very soon.

Stephanie Cohen - Director