“A good addition to rue Legendre”
Review of Legendre Ideal

Legendre Ideal
Reserve with
Legendre Ideal is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #3,229 of 20,186 Restaurants in Paris
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Neighbourhood: 17th Arr. - Batignolles-Monceau
Reviewed 19 May 2016

First, we liked the 'jeu de mots' in the name of the restaurant. Then, they offered a rather international menu, mixing Asian, North-African, French with more classic dishes.
Good, comfortable restaurant, with a friendly and accessible staff. The bar at the entrance makes it a nice welcoming 'go to' place to stay for a friendly dinner during the week. Crowd is mostly locals from Batignolles neighbourhood.

Date of visit: February 2016

Reviewed 5 March 2016

A place to go with close eyes! Food is delicious (everything from starter to dessert!!) location is perfect in rue legendre where you have a lot a nice cute little shops and staff is very kind. Do not hesitate! Prices are correct for quality served and location.
Kids friendly

Date of visit: February 2016
Reviewed 1 December 2015

Excellent food especially the tigre aui pleure which was very tender. I was keen to go to this restaurant as it is in my neighbourhood was well recommederd. Lighting is a little bright... and toilets an odd but amusing mixture of seperate soft hand towels next to the harpic toilet cleaner and industrial airfreshener.. BUT then as we went to pay the other regulars in the bar started talking about it was not parisian to get up and ask for the bill and normally you wait. Super rude despite then claiming they were talking about someone else . But basically super rude. Ruined the experience. Will not be going back again, There are other restaurants in the batignolles where the cusine is also excellent and everyone is fun and friendly , so why bother with somewhere where you are not welcome.

Date of visit: December 2015
1  Thank Batignolles1
Reviewed 28 August 2015 via mobile

Friendly owner who travelled a lot in his life and is very knowledgeable about wine. You can fine not only French wines, some of them are really cheap 19 euros a bottle and fantastic chillian gems. This restaurant is known for one fantastic dish : le tigre qui pleure.

Date of visit: May 2015
1  Thank Konrad F
Reviewed 21 August 2011

I'm Asian American and my friend is African American. Why does that matter? You'll see. Both of us are not new to visiting Paris and have spent a combined 15 years of learning French. I work in languages myself. Despite our speaking in French, the owner insisted on speaking in English. He boasted loudly in English about the exotic tomatoes in the appetizer we ordered, to the point that his table of friends next to us took notice. He went to the table next to us and, at that point, what we heard was "putain de vietnamienne" twice and laughter.

Now I can't ever prove to you that that comment was meant for me, but we left, stating very clearly our reasons. The owner ran after us and angrily said that they were talking about literature and: "We weren't speaking in English...This is not your country to do things like this. I will call the police." I do not think we did anything, since we didn't even touch the food. The choice is yours to give them the benefit of the doubt or not.

Date of visit: August 2011