3,198 results
All reviewscafe de la paixopera housethe club loungeopera viewplatinum ambassadorrue scribeopera metro stationclassic hotelroissy busjunior suitegaleries lafayettean upgradeseparate showerclassic roomconcierge deskbottle of champagneeiffel tower
Reviewed 19 September 2017 via mobile

We had a lovely stay at the Le Grand hotel and it met our expectations of a hotel of this stature. The breakfast is outstanding and definitely worth it. We had at room with an extraordinary view of the opera and our room was spacious and very comfortable.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
IC-Paris-Le-Grand, General Manager at InterContinental Paris Le Grand, responded to this reviewResponded 10 October 2017

Dear guest,

It is such a pleasure to read your kind words. Thank you sincerely for choosing to stay at the InterContinental Paris Le Grand hotel and for taking the time to share your experience.

We are glad to see that you had a pleasant moment in our company and enjoyed your room with the magnificent view on the Palais Garnier.

Thank you for highlighting the quality of the breakfast in the Café de la Paix, it will be an honour for me to share your kind words with the team.

Looking forward to welcoming you soon again,
Kind regards,

Reviewed 17 September 2017 via mobile

We booked this hotel without knowing what to expect. We had read trip advisor and some had said nice things but some were a bit disappointed.
We had ihg points so we stayed for free.
We thought it would be "ok" but not up to 4 seasons or other great hotels. We were WRONG!!!!!!!!
This place is top notch. A month before we actually arrived here my wife said-"this concierge team at the Paris Intercontinental rocks". And they did/do. They helped us with arranging private tours, renting a wheelchair, dinner reservations at top restaurants-some of which were very difficult to book. Their follow up was complete and thorough.

When we arrived the room was not ready yet so they gave us complimentary breakfast (which I think retails at around 50 but not sure). The spread was amazing w excellent scrambled eggs, fruit, and assortment of French pastries.

When we did arrive to the room it was small but very clean and up to date. Bathroom was of reasonable size w separate tub and shower.
Everything was clean and up to date. I assume we have the base level room.

It is everything we could ask for at a city hotel (as opposed to beach type resort).

The cleaning team, room service, and front door staff were all top notch. Concierge printed our boarding passes. Top level service second to none. Highly competent.

LOCATION LOCATION LOCATION!!!! This place is directly across the street from the famous opera house, down the road from place vandome, and around the corner from the famous department stores. It is near the louvre and the river.

Have zero reservations when booking this hotel. We had a great weekend.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple

Dear guest,

What a pleasure to read your nice comments ! We thank you for choosing to stay at the InterContinental Paris Le Grand hotel and for taking the time to write us a review.

We are glad to see that you had a pleasant stay with us and that you enjoyed the quality of service, your room and the location of our hotel, indeed ideally situated next to public transportation and just a few stone's throw away from the Opera house and the Louvre museum as you mentionned.

We will be pleased to share your nice comments with our teams !

We wish to have the opportunity to welcome you again soon,

Sincerely yours,

General Manager IC Paris Le Grand

Reviewed 17 September 2017 via mobile

The hotel boasts
5 stars.
It can only justify that because of the stunning location and beautiful building.
It is just let down by the appalling service at all levels.
Room not cleaned when we got back at 345
Bar service very slow and when they rang to say they were sorry and offered bottle of champagne to say sorry for ruining a weekend it never arrived.
All in all not a 5 star experience.
Also if you book a room do check the square footage difference between grades of rooms. Superior rooms are barely superior.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
IHGService, Guest Relations Manager at InterContinental Paris Le Grand, responded to this reviewResponded 1 October 2017

Hi Peter L,

I am pleased to see your candid review. Thank you for staying with Intercontinental Paris - Le Grand, France!

It's nice to hear that you were mesmerized with our hotel's prime location and it's preserved architecture. We are always thrilled when your expectations are exceeded. I'm sorry that the size of the room did not meet your requirements, as well as the assistance from some of our staff. Your comments are not taken lightly and will help our hotel management to improve guest experience.

We hope to have the honor of seeing you again!

Many thanks,

Anna B
Case Manager
IHGService

Reviewed 16 September 2017 via mobile

We have selected this hotel based on the style, location and history.
You feel pampered from the moment you set foot inside,
Miss Camille, at the front desk, took care of the reservation in a perfect way and made sure to provide us with the best comfort possible since we arrived at the hotel at 8am, she has also registered me in the IHG program.
Rooms are of good size, clean and with all amenities you expect from a 5 stars hotel.
The breakfast buffet is very rich with good quality ingredients, another thanks go for Mr. Camille the chef d'hotel who made sure my kids were comfortable.
The lobby is magnificent with confortable seats inder the large colored glass roof.
A very commendable place

Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family

Dear guest,

We are really grateful for your nice comment, as our guests's reviews are essential to measure the level of service we would like to provide.

What a pleasure to read your kind words. As hoteliers, we really give importance to your constructive feedback.

We are delighted you had a peaceful time and appreciate the style and the ambiance of the Hotel.
Thanks for highlighting the professionalism of our staff. We were happy to transfer your comments to the relevant staff members.
The breakfast buffet at the Café de la Paix is an experience in itself, one which I am delighted that you had the chance to discover and enjoy during your time with us.

We will be honoured to welcome you on a further occasion with all of your family !

Kindest regards,

General Manager InterContinental Paris Le Grand

Reviewed 16 September 2017 via mobile

This beautiful hotel in a great location cannot be trusted unfortunately. Don't have your heart set on staying here if you book a reservation. I booked my 3 night stay months in advance but upon arrival at about 3 pm( check in is at 2pm) I was told "some people had decided to stay longer at the last minute and they could not refuse them, so they are in my room, and I will need to stay across the street at the Hotel Scribe". After I complained, they agreed this was unfair and had me stay at the Scribe that night and stay at the Le Grand for 2 nights. They said they gave me a nicer room. This is not acceptable to me. They have a lot of huge tour busses, and appear to deal with large tour groups , and have less loyalty to individual travelers such as myself. Make of it what you want. I think this is a beautiful hotel within walking distance to the main attractions of Paris but they run the hotel in a sketchy way, it seems their use of the Hotel Scribe for "overbookings" is not uncommon, from my observation. It's maddening because I already pre-paid my stay for 3 nights at the Le Grand, and they feel they have the right to take my money, then send me across the street to a small boutique hotel. Disappointing, unfair treatment.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled solo

Hi Irene M,

Thank you for leaving feedback about InterContinental Hotels. Your thoughts are not taken lightly.

I feel concerned that you encountered issues with your reservation. It is our goal to meet your expectations as a guest and I have sent you a private message to acquire additional detail.

It's good to know that you found our hotel pleasing and that its excellent location stood out. Despite the shortcomings, I hope that there will be another chance for us to win back your trust. Again, thanks for giving our hotel a try.

Looking forward to hear from you soon.

Best Regards,