“Main dish was so-so, dessert made up for it”
Review of Les Bistronautes

Les Bistronautes
Ranked #3,803 of 19,135 Restaurants in Paris
Dining options: Reservations
Neighbourhood: Saint-Germain-des-Prés
Reviewed 20 February 2017

We visited this place based on reviews and pictures on the internet.
I must say that once we arrived, it was a bit of let-down.
I'd call the interior a bit dull, as was the taste of our main dish, because our "Joue de cochon mijotée aux légumes d'hiver & panisse" wasn't all that. The meat was very tender, but the seasoning was just .. not right.
The bouillon was barely more than boiled water, the panisse was not what a panisse should be.

One of the staff members also entered and exited the restaurant at least 10 times in the course of an hour, not sure why, as he was empty-handed each time. But every time that door went open, there was a cold draft wheezing in the building.

The desserts we took (cheesecake & tiramisu) were good though, so a happy end after all, but it didn't make up for the rest.

Reviewed 15 October 2016

We couldn't understand why this restaurant was quite empty when we visited because It is well located in a trendy area of Paris. The food was really good and well presented and service was also excellent. We ordered the Angus beef for two which was well seasoned and really tasty.
Our dining experience was overall very pleasant.

1  Thank montage2000
Reviewed 1 July 2016

This small bistro is tucked behind the Jardin de Luxembourg, not far from the Paris II University and the wonderful Théatre Lucernaire.
Everything was esthetically served, accompanied with my favorite salad - Roquette with an unbelieveably delicious salad dressing. The foie-gras was unusually spiced and included a lovely layer of red pepper ("poivron"). The cheeseburgers, which were the recommended fare, were good, but not outstanding compared to the best US hamburger-specialty restaurants, and offering little choice of toppings other than the cheese. I found the bun toasted too crispy (my son liked it though) and would have preferred being served with the top on the side so that all the cheese would have remained on the burger rather than melting into the bread which I didn't eat. On the other hand the French fries were perfect as was the potato patty.
The portions were fair and I had no appetite for dessert (I had probably eaten much too much of the good, fresh French bread) but my son ordered magnificent, unusual ice-creams: lilac and caramel, which were out of this world. Definitely a good choice of dessert.

Reviewed 18 December 2015

Food is great, staff is super friendly. Very nice bistro. But when the chef himself comes to meet and greet customers and check they enjoyed their meal, what could go wrong?

Reviewed 7 November 2015 via mobile

We went for another restaurant in the area, but as we didn't have a reservation we had to look for other option...then this little bistro was a really good surprise! All dishes were delicious. The service was also very good! The prices were fair for the quality of the service and food. Highly recommended!