“Wow what a chocolate cake”

Pierre Herme Cambon
Ranked #12 of 319 Bakeries in Paris
Neighbourhood: Louvre / Palais-Royal
Description: Heir to four generations of Alsatian bakery and pastry-making tradition, Pierre Hermé began his career at the age of 14 as an apprentice to Gaston Lenôtre. Famous all around the world, the man that Vogue called "the Picasso of Pastry" revolutionized pastrymaking with regard to taste and modernity. With "pleasure as his only guide", Pierre Hermé invented his own unique world of tastes, sensations and pleasures, an original approach to the profession of pastry chef which led him to revolutionize even the most firmly entrenched traditions. Created in 1997 by Pierre Hermé and Charles Znaty, the company has been expanding strongly since 2010 on the international scene with several boutiques now located in Europe, Asia and the Middle East. Pierre Hermé Paris operates an online boutique and is a member of the Comité Colbert and has established partnerships with the Raffles group, Ritz Carlton group and Dior
Reviewed 13 March 2017

This is a holy place for chocolate lovers. We tried chocolate cake and some macaroons and everything was delicious.

Reviewed 21 January 2017

Me and my girlfriend tried both Pierre Hermes and Laduree during our stay in Paris. Although the quality of both shops it is amazing, the clear winner for us (in terms of macarons) is Pierre Herme. No words to describe how soft and delicate their macarons are. Absolutely a must try.

2  Thank Marco D
Reviewed 21 January 2017

Inside Galeries Lafayette you may find this patisserie where the star are their famous macarons. I prefer those from Laduré, but these are also excellent. I tried this time some lovely chocolates which came to be exquisite: three flavours, ginger, framboise and caramel.... amazing! Not cheap but excellent quality and service!

1  Thank SoySarette
Reviewed 19 January 2017 via mobile

I trusted TripAdvisor and purchased a set, including seasonal addition of banana ginger. Is it just me or is this place too sweet? Started with Apricot Pistachio and had dark chocolate, banana ginger, and something else afterwards, but it was simply too sweet for me. My sister and my mother had stronger opinion about this... Oh, the worker there was amazingly nice!

Plus, the seasonal pie, a multi-layered Mille-feuille or croissant-like outside with almond cream custard inside was amazing!!!!

I marked it a bit lower, hoping that my review could be more helpful for others and based on the self price-taste evaluation. But forreals, it's more of a three-star place for me...

1  Thank moonssu
Reviewed 15 January 2017

Pierre Herme is a must stop for anyone that likes pastries and macarons. We tried Laudree too but Pierre Herme blows it away. Staff speaks english well and is very nice.