“Location Location Location”

Pullman Paris Tour Eiffel
Ranked #393 of 1,805 Hotels in Paris
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Reviewed 18 October 2017 via mobile

My wife and I, along with two other couples, stayed at the Pullman Eiffel Hotel 10/08 - 10/11/2017 as a part of an extended Paris stay package with Viking Cruises. The hotel location was better than anticipated, even as we'd done our pre-trip research and noted it's proximity to the Eiffel Tower. It truly is right out the front door and a five minute walk. Besides the close access to the Eiffel Tower, it is a half-block from RER mass transit and a couple blocks to the Seine. This access made it very easy to reach sites across the city......though some research may still be wise.

Rooms were well suited and nicely decorated, secure and modern, for the traveler. Security it seemed, in business suits, always in lobby. It is really nice to find both North American and European electric plugs available for iPhones, tablets, camera charger and shavers.

Breakfast area and offerings for groups was above expectations.....though European hotels usually are FAR better than US hotel breakfasts.

Our only issue was that our rooms were not ready at 3:00 as we had hoped and expected. This was an inconvenience as we were told "20-25 minutes yet", then "about 25-30 minutes" and finally "any minute". This prompted the Viking Rep to intercede and after over an hour we were assigned a room. We were among a number of people (10-12) from our group who waited or continued to wait for their lodging as some waited 2 hours. When you finally get to Paris for the initial time.....waiting in the lobby with your luggage is not the first choice of things to do.

Paris is wonderful and cannot be missed! The Eiffel's LOCATION and updated amenities are winners for the traveler who isn't expecting five star & high priced lodging, but wants a very clean, modern, well informed and trained staff! Yes.....I'd certainly stay there again......though if a Pullman in another area of Paris were available it could offer a location to
for other restaurants, venues, shopping , etc. ( btw shopping was not a major goal of our trip, and there isn't too much close. )

Enjoy Paris!

Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
2  Thank LComoIllinois
René A, Directeur général at Pullman Paris Tour Eiffel, responded to this reviewResponded 19 October 2017

Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing your experience at the Pullman Paris Tour Eiffel.
Your satisfaction is exactly what we are searching for, therefore your compliments are a great reward for us.
Please rest assured that I took note of your comment regarding the waiting duration at the check in and that I will take measures to prevent future occurrences.

Sincerely

Write a ReviewReviews (2,418)

Reviewed 17 October 2017

Modern décor, technical touches abound, but some features don't work reliably. While the rooms were comfortable, the elevator, TV, and room lighting were less than intuitive to operate. It's proximity to the Eiffel tower is a plus for photographers, but the top floor with the best views were off limits to guests. We would probably not stay here again.

Room Tip: An upper floor facing the Eiffel Tower
  • Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
René A, Directeur général at Pullman Paris Tour Eiffel, responded to this reviewResponded 18 October 2017

Dear Rod,

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience at the Pullman Paris Tour Eiffel.
I am sorry that your experience did not totally meet your expectations.
Please be assured that I took notes of your comment regarding the elevator and the TV and that I will inform the technical manager.
We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back in order to better serve you.

Reviewed 16 October 2017

Great view from our room of the Eiffel Tower. Slept with the curtains open so we could watch it from the bed. Great location to walk to the tower and then catch a water taxi to see the sights. Many shops and restaurants within a short walk. Staff was very eager to assist me with a knee injury I sustained and provided me with bandages. Much appreciated.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Tay H
René A, Directeur général at Pullman Paris Tour Eiffel, responded to this reviewResponded 17 October 2017

Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing your experience.
I am very happy to read that you appreciated your stay.

Reviewed 16 October 2017 via mobile

Our hotel was selected by Global’s – monograms as part of a riverboat extension trip. The location is magical. You walk out the front door and the Eiffel Tower is to your right. The location is certainly the winning factor, but cafés are nearby as well as shopping. The hotel is Comfortable but not extravagant with its interior decoration. I certainly feel safe here. Breakfast was a part of her overnight package and was more than sufficient!

Stayed: October 2017

Dear Liz,

I am very happy to read that you appreciated your stay.

Reviewed 13 October 2017

We were booked in here for 2 nights as part of a Viking cruise/tour. What a debacle! This place is the absolute worst hotel I have stayed in - anywhere in the world. This is now my standard for the worst hotel experience - not a target I would aim for!
The porter left our bags waiting on the footpath, with no one watching while he casually wandered about looking for a trolley. Check in was via a Viking representative - average. We asked at reception about getting a corkscrew for our room - you would think we had asked for their first born - they told us to basically go away and ring room service - very rude, even by French standards.
Our shower didn’t do hot water on day one, and I had to get stroppy to get a timely resolution so we could be on time for our Viking city tour. Not sure why I bothered as the breakfast service was beyond belief - the layout was designed by an imbecile to create queues rather than an efficient work flow. And I thought that was bad. On the next day, we had to be out on time to catch a Viking connection to our cruise ship and the queues were out the dining room door and down the hall. Ridiculous and very slow moving. When I complained to the so called dining room manager, he gaped at me like a gormless fool, and said sorry, no idea about how to make it better. I gave him my view of some solutions he could try, and he couldn’t even grasp that - he was a complete waste of oxygen.
Then I complained to the hotel manager, who was no better than the idiot in the dining room - twenty sandwiches short of a picnic.
Then I complained to the Viking representative - she didn’t want to own the problem and referred me to the hotel. When I told her that I held Viking responsible for the service as they had booked this hotel to represent their brand, she started to take me seriously. When I told her this experience would influence whether I would ever book with Viking again, she took me a little more seriously- not seriously enough to listen to my complaint in person though - she referred me to the Viking on line survey! Poor service Viking.
The only positive from this hotel is that we had a lovely dinner, with great service in the street level restaurant- FRAME. The only saving grace,

Room Tip: The experience here is so bad, I would just stay somewhere else.
  • Stayed: October 2017, travelled with family