“great location”

Ranked #51 of 1,796 Hotels in Paris
New York City, New York
“great location”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 March 2012

I discover the Ares on tripadvisor and it was very nicely decorated the location is amazing the staff very professional, gently and helpful , the breakfast complete and high qualyty products,
i came with my family and next time in paris i will come here again

• Stayed February 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank viator68

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (232)
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
New Tripoli, Pennsylvania, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 March 2012

We stayed for 3 nights at the end of a two week trip in Europe.
Our traveling party consisted of two adults and two 9 year old children.
Our stay was WONDERFUL!
We checked in early and the front desk person happily stored our luggage and we set off around the city.
When we came back we were greeted by the owner who instantaneously waived the breakfast charge for our two children and helped us get our bags to the room.
Ok people yes our room was "small" but it is Paris and the cost was SO reasonable for the four of us. They had the two pull out chairs all set up for the kids. We unpacked what we needed and they stored the rest of our luggage for us.
The room was clean and extremely well appointed.
One of the front desk people kindly recommended things for us to to and places to eat that were good and reasonably priced and kid friendly.
If you want a BEAUTIFUL boutique hotel that is in a good location and reasonably priced go stay at the Ares.
The only minor minor negative is that I think that the breakfast is a bit over priced for what you get.
We would stay here again should we ever return to Paris.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank Steph S
New Delhi
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 March 2012

This was my second stay at the Ares. And I was as impressed again as expected.
The hotel staff were excellent, the room was available early and clean. The location is by far the best asset of this hotel. Tucked away in a quiet street yet about a 2 min walk from the hustle bustle of Avenue de la Motte-Picquet. Close to restaurants, banks, small shops, cafes, and the metro station. It is in my opinion an excellent location and hotel to be in while in Paris.
I couldn't recommend this hotel more. I will always be at the Ares while visiting Paris.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled on business
Mumbai
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 March 2012

The rooms are of the size of a bathroom in other cities. Versace tiles, Bang & Olufsen, etc materials doesn't matter if the room size is super small. Location, is too far away from many attractions. Advise to seriously evaluate other hotels. It is expensive too. I paid Euro200 that too without breakfast. Must say that staff is good.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
ares15, Owner at Hotel Ares Paris, responded to this review, 4 March 2012
Dear Manish Kayal thanks a lot to take your time to reviews us .

from what you sayng I don't know which is the kind of room you had ,I suppose that should be a classic room ,we have five types of rooms,from 14 squares meters to 30sqm so I think that a clarification is needed we are a four star hotel and we are obligate to follow four star rules so our rooms the smallest must be minimum 14 square meters , and the classic room respond to this standard ,i hope next time you come in paris you want give us another chance to let discover you our hotel , and i promise you to do every thing to make you a very nice stay.i want to thank you too for nice words for our design choices and for our staff

best regards

enrico casimirri owner
Tampa, FL
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 March 2012

Just returned from my stay at the Hotel Ares and I must say that I was quite impressed. I found the location to be easily accessible and in a very friendly neighborhood. I arrived 2 hours before my check in and the ladies behind the desk were so helpful and genuinely nice. The room was perfect.....a little small but the bathroom made up for it. Versace tile, soaking tub, Hermes' bath products......loved the bathroom! The bed was very comfortable and the linens were quite nice. My room had actual french doors that opened for fresh air which I loved! The TV was nice but only CNN, Sky News and the BBC were in English.....not here to watch TV anyway! The room had a mini bar that was $5 a day...all you care to drink.....very nice touch. I usually took a taxi wherever I went so that I could sightsee as I'm riding....normally only about 10 euros depending on where I went.....then walked back. The area around the hotel is VERY walkable and the Eiffel tower is about 2-3 blocks away. Starbucks right around the corner and many nice bistros/cafes. As you can see with 99% of these reviews this hotel is top notch....this is why I decided to stay here. I will stay here again on my next trip to Paris which will be very soon.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled solo