“Impresses Again”

Ranked #61 of 1,802 Hotels in Paris
New Delhi
“Impresses Again”
Reviewed 4 March 2012

This was my second stay at the Ares. And I was as impressed again as expected.
The hotel staff were excellent, the room was available early and clean. The location is by far the best asset of this hotel. Tucked away in a quiet street yet about a 2 min walk from the hustle bustle of Avenue de la Motte-Picquet. Close to restaurants, banks, small shops, cafes, and the metro station. It is in my opinion an excellent location and hotel to be in while in Paris.
I couldn't recommend this hotel more. I will always be at the Ares while visiting Paris.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (234)
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Mumbai
Reviewed 2 March 2012

The rooms are of the size of a bathroom in other cities. Versace tiles, Bang & Olufsen, etc materials doesn't matter if the room size is super small. Location, is too far away from many attractions. Advise to seriously evaluate other hotels. It is expensive too. I paid Euro200 that too without breakfast. Must say that staff is good.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
ares15, Owner at Hotel Ares Paris, responded to this review, 4 March 2012
Dear Manish Kayal thanks a lot to take your time to reviews us .

from what you sayng I don't know which is the kind of room you had ,I suppose that should be a classic room ,we have five types of rooms,from 14 squares meters to 30sqm so I think that a clarification is needed we are a four star hotel and we are obligate to follow four star rules so our rooms the smallest must be minimum 14 square meters , and the classic room respond to this standard ,i hope next time you come in paris you want give us another chance to let discover you our hotel , and i promise you to do every thing to make you a very nice stay.i want to thank you too for nice words for our design choices and for our staff

best regards

enrico casimirri owner
Tampa, FL
Reviewed 2 March 2012

Just returned from my stay at the Hotel Ares and I must say that I was quite impressed. I found the location to be easily accessible and in a very friendly neighborhood. I arrived 2 hours before my check in and the ladies behind the desk were so helpful and genuinely nice. The room was perfect.....a little small but the bathroom made up for it. Versace tile, soaking tub, Hermes' bath products......loved the bathroom! The bed was very comfortable and the linens were quite nice. My room had actual french doors that opened for fresh air which I loved! The TV was nice but only CNN, Sky News and the BBC were in English.....not here to watch TV anyway! The room had a mini bar that was $5 a day...all you care to drink.....very nice touch. I usually took a taxi wherever I went so that I could sightsee as I'm riding....normally only about 10 euros depending on where I went.....then walked back. The area around the hotel is VERY walkable and the Eiffel tower is about 2-3 blocks away. Starbucks right around the corner and many nice bistros/cafes. As you can see with 99% of these reviews this hotel is top notch....this is why I decided to stay here. I will stay here again on my next trip to Paris which will be very soon.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled solo
2 Thank Gingy11
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 1 March 2012

This is an awful hotel. It is miles away from anywhere, stuck out in the middle of nowhere in the 15 th arrondissement, You will find it difficult and/ or expensive to get back here at the end of a night out in Paris. Paris is a walking city, but you will not enjoy walking back here. Breakfast is non existent, there is no minibar or bar in the hotel, we had booked interconnecting rooms for us and our children and we were allocated rooms on different floors. This meant that we had to split up as a couple and sleep in different rooms on separate floors in order to keep an eye on the kids.If we could give the Ares zero stars we would. This is not a hotel, it is a glorified bed and breakfast, and definitely not for families. We moved out on the first night and went to stay in the Murano in Bd du Temple, which is amazing.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled with family
12 Thank sergioscaglietti
London
Reviewed 28 February 2012

First impressions of the hotel were very impressive. We arrived a few hours before we were due to check in and asked if we could leave our luggage. The lovely warm reception by the lady working was second to none, this was amplified by the fact they offered to check if the room was ready straight away and if so we were more than welcome to check straight in. It was which was excellent. I assume in busier months this wouldn't always be the case; but hey we wouldn't argue with that.

The quality of the room was again outstanding, it was very clean, stylish, and well laid out. It was a normal paris-sized hotel room but extremely comfortable including the bed. There was a safe in the room for valuables and they were also very accommodating for extra towels and amenities (and also very prompt).

We only stayed for one night, and as we arrived back to the hotel to get ready for dinner we asked for some ice to enjoy some champagne in our room; yet again they were very accommodating providing this and some glasses.

They called taxis for us, looked after our luggage for the whole day we checked out and gave us a very warm goodbye.

I work in the tourist industry and stay in a LOT of hotels. Service and all the usual amenities are extremely important to me (including free wifi). The service, friendliness and warmness of every staff member was simply outstanding. They made us feel very welcome.

I cannot rate this hotel highly enough. It is close to the Eiffel tower and has good amenities in the surrounding area.

First rate and first class. Thank you for looking after us so well!

Room Tip: We have only stayed in the one room and it was more than adequate. We were on the second floor. We w...