Hotel de Geneve
US$287
US$267
US$237
  • Room Service
Hotel du Prince Eugene(Paris)(Great Value!)
US$104
US$99
US$305
US$244
  • Restaurant
Hotel Waldorf Montparnasse(Paris)(Great Value!)
US$111
US$101
Official Site
  • Room Service
Hotel Eiffel Capitol(Paris)(Great Value!)
US$173
US$159
  • Bar/Lounge
Hotel Berne Opera(Paris)(Great Value!)
US$114
Agoda.com
Monceau Wagram Hotel(Paris)(Great Value!)
US$239
US$226
  • Bar/Lounge
Hotel Royal Saint Germain(Paris)(Great Value!)
US$201
US$167
Vintage Hostel(Paris)(Great Value!)
US$147
US$142
  • Bar/Lounge
All reviewslazare stationwalking distancetourist attractionslocation is excellentrooms are smallstayed here for nightsoperametroluggagelafayettecafessightseeing
Reviewed 18 January 2012

Unfortunately, we took a room here on the last day of a 3 day trip in desperation, due to a bad experience in another hotel which we had to leave if we wanted a refund.

This hotel turned out to be even worse than the previous one as on the surface it was ok for a budget, very no frills hotel, but the carpet in the room had food stains on, as I said we were desperate and only had a few hours left to visit the rest of Paris, and when we returned from the Tour Eiffel late at night the room was very humid and there were disgusting quite large silverfish insects crawling on the carpet!

I hate insects, particularly these ones, and slept extremely badly and found another silverfish the next day in the bathroom, and was scared to even walk on the carpet, it's the worst holiday I've ever had and I felt really compelled to write reviews on here for both hotels, to try and prevent anyone having the same experience.

I have visited Paris several times as most of my family are from one of the suburbs there so I've never stayed in a hotel there before and this hotel, along with the previous one ruined what was supposed to be a romantic trip :-( Please don't bother with this hotel!

Stayed: June 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Anonymousadventurer
Reviewed 4 August 2011

Visited Paris to see last stage of Tour de France. Hotel was good value for the money we payed. Rooms small but adequate, very clean and made up daily. The staff were attentive and helpful. The hotel is in a good position for visiting the sights.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 29 June 2011

I Stayed at Hotel de Geneve for 2 nights and I was pleasantly surprised at how close it was to everything. We could go out all day sight seeing and not have to bother with the metro unless we were really tired.

The rooms were ok, very clean and met my expectations of a hotel room in Paris. The guy at the front door was really helpful even if I didn't speak much french he still tried his best to explain the buses to take etc.

Saint Lazare and the surrounding areas can be a bit scary if you aren't used to it but nothing out of the ordinary. I'd recommend younger, less experienced travelers to walk around late at night only if you are with someone you know and trust ...the usual.

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank dwaynebrowne
Reviewed 28 June 2011

This Hotel is located close to the Saint Lazare Train Station in Paris. For Paris, it is a very good value. The only "glitch" is that the shower is tiny. (not that you should expect over-sized anything in Paris).
Staff is very Helpful, the location is good, The rooms are clean, surprising quite (you can ask for a quite room),the prices are very good.
The top floor (6th) is the quitest, although dealing with lots of baggage in the typical small elevator can be taughting after a busy day. The lower floors are easier to access, however sometimes other guests can be rather loud when going through.
The TVs only get French TV, but then again, we didnt go there to watch TV (although catching the news while getting ready to go in the morning could have been a "nice to have"..
I wouldnt recommend the hotel breakfast, but with so many options nearby it is not a problem.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank Bill S
Reviewed 18 June 2011

Hotel de Geneve provided a great welcome to Paris. After a very early arrival in the city I was able to get into my room in the early morning, as I'd requested by email. Room was very comfortable with a nice outlook. The girl on reception was lovely - extremely helpful and very friendly. Breakfast was extra and certainly wasn't worth the cost. Would stay there again and highly recimmend it.

Stayed: April 2011, travelled solo