“Very noisy suite! Worst hotel experience!” 1 of 5 bubbles
Review of La Maison Champs Elysees

La Maison Champs Elysees
Ranked #350 of 1,795 Hotels in Paris
bcn
“Very noisy suite! Worst hotel experience!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 October 2011

We stayed in room 211 this october for the fashion week as the hotel is very good located. The junior suite was on the first floor with windows giving to the terrace where the hotel restaurant and bar is located. It was extremely noisy until 1am with people shouting, laughing and talking. The windows isolation was so poor that we can follow the conversations even the plugs in our ears! This a problem i'm sure the hotel is awared of: the terrace and the suite are not compatible, so if both are open it's because the management or propertie doesn't care about the customer and only cares about money!

Also when the bar was closed you can here a lot of noise coming from what we imagine was a technical or staff room nearby our suite. You can also hear music and shower from other rooms and the elevator... All in all an orgy of disturbing noises that made sleeping impossible even with earplugs (wich i don't usually use) Overall we where not allowed to sleep more than 5 hours. We will never go back to this hotel as this is no accident, they should know this problem and if they don't solve it is because they are more interested in money than in clients satisfaccion wich is not tolerable for a 4 stars boutique hotel.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
6 Thank jordi2424
lamaisonc085, Directeur général at La Maison Champs Elysees, responded to this review, 17 October 2011
Thank you very much for taking the time to review your recent stay. I am disappointed to read about your bad experience in our hotel. It's true that room 211 is overlooking the terrace. The bar is located inside with the restaurant. It's true also that during fashion week period, weather was so good that people enjoyed staying outside on the terrace to benefit from last moments of Summertime. We do apologize for the inconvenience, as we constantly aim to satisfy all our guests. If you're in Paris again, we would be more than happy to welcome you again.
SIncerely yours,
Hugues Godard

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (51)
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Sydney, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 October 2011

I spent 5 nights in this hotel in August. The hotel has been recently renovated and i had some concerns after reading some previous reviews.

I am happy to say i was not disappointed with our room (Superior room). Rooms were quite spacious and it was a blessing being able to use the internet through the TV. Bathroom was quite spacious and shower was great.

Concierge were always helpful when questions were asked.

Hotel is in a great location with designer shops within a easy walk. Champ Elyees is only a few minutes walk and the Eifel Tower about 20 minutes.

Would recommend and stay at this hotel again.

Room Tip: Superior room
  • Stayed August 2011, travelled as a couple
Paris, France
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 September 2011

I spend many days in August in"La maison Champs Elysée". The hotel is just amazing like a small little castle in Paris with a very trendy parisien renovation . People are so warm that i had the impression to be in private house. every body took care of me from the front office until the GM ,very helpfull and a special mention for Nader the responsable for the bar. My stay was wonderfull...Nadine

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with friends
Sao Paulo
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 September 2011

The location is very good, the design is even better! But the service is TERRIBLE!
Two actual complaints from my stay:

1. When i checked in, I specifically asked what my daily rate was. I was shown a number which is what appeared on my reservation. When I checked out, I found out that they were charging me DOUBLE for the second and third night. Had i not specifically asked, I might have thought it was a misunderstanding. But I asked! And was lied to. When I explained the situation, I was ignored! and charged the 'double' rate

2. Had breakfast meeting at the restaurant (which is very pleasant!) and as I was leaving, I left at the front desk my notebook, calculator and MONT BLANC pen and politely asked to leave these in my room. Long story short... They never made it to my room, nor does anyone know what happened to them. No one has made any effort to repair the damage.

Unacceptable!

• Stayed September 2011, travelled on business
5 Thank franklinmex
lamaisonc085, Directeur général at La Maison Champs Elysees, responded to this review, 28 September 2011
Dear guest
We are very surprised by your recent comment. that we do not understand.
I have never heard of your complaint till I read your comment, and cannot figure out you leaving the hotel without trying to talk to me.
Regarding your price issue, Paris is full in September with key events (fashion week...). Hence hotelrooms are quite expensive. Prices differ from one day to another depending on events. I just checked. Your booking confirmation was crystal clear. Prices are mentioned day by day.
Last, you suggested that you left your notebook, calculator and Mont Blanc pen at the front desk and never got them back. Again, you left the hotel without trying to reach me.
Please call me directly (I already left a message at the phone number mentioned in the booking) to clarify this matter. It matters a lot to me as a manager of this hotel.
Thank you very much in advance for your call.
Sincerely yours
Paris, France
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 September 2011

I was on a business trip last week. I stayed for the first time @ La maison champ Elysees. The crew is Amazing. The G.M. came and say hello at breakfast ( I ask after who was that man) The rooms are beautifully modern and witty, the bathrooms are a dream.
The Table 8, the restaurant is great not only for the food but for the very quiet terrace at the back.
The whole experience was the new French Elegance.I wish I can come to Paris on the business trip more often.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled on business