We stayed for a week during the Christmas period. We were upgraded and for that extremely grateful. However, the service at the hotel only went downhill from the time we checked in.
Firstly, the staff at breakfast were not polite at all. Often we were told off for helping ourselves to the coffee but the truth is we were often waiting too long (up to 10 mins after sitting) before we decided to do it ourselves.
Secondly, the housekeeping staff seemed to have minds of their own instead of following a standard procedure. One day we get our bath gel refilled and the next they decided to clear all and not give us any replacement. Same with shampoo and shower caps.
At first, we thought the best thing about the hotel was the concierge. Specifically Christoph. He was very helpful all the time we were there and recommended really good restaurants we can go too. We were really pleased and even tipped him the day before we left. However, we were rather shocked with his last booking for us which is tickets to a show at the opera house. He told us the tickets were 160 euros but when we went to pick up the tickets, it was printed 98 euros. I expected to be charged slightly more than the ticket price, maybe administration fee or referral fee. But 60 euros extra was appaling. We were very disappointed at the end with such dishonesty.
Lastly, the story about room service. First night I called to ask for a kettle, they told me they have none and instead brought me a flask of hot water which was fine with me. Next night, I asked for hot water and they told me I can have a kettle for 50 euros deposit. I said okay because I enjoy a cup of tea or hot chocolate at night before I sleep. However, when I asked for a teaspoon, they wanted to charge me 5 euros!! This was seriously uncalled for.
I don't think I will return to stay at this hotel. Thank goodness the location was great, and it was Christmas so we decided to overlook these matters at that time.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- In the heart of Paris, member of Great Hotels of the World and the chain Les Hotels France Patrimoine, Saint James & Albany Hotel-Spa offers 194 rooms and suites in a XVIIth century Establishment. Mainly overlooking inner garden and courtyards, this 4 stars Hotel is a real haven of peace in the centre of the French capital. Thanks to its first bio Parisian SPA**** and its wonderful indoor pool, the atmosphere of this Hotel is very relaxing. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Fastbooking, TripOnline SA, Travel Republic (UK), Agoda, Ebookers, 5viajes2012 S.L. and HotelQuickly so you can book your Saint James Albany Hotel-Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Saint James & Albany Hotel Paris
- Saint James And Albany Hotel-Spa
- Clarion Paris
- Saint James & Albany Hotel Spa