All reviews saint paul le marais croissants great location marais area great restaurants and cafes faced the street triple room courtyard view affordable hotel metro stop few blocks comfortable beds single bed small lift charming hotel quiet street
Reviewed 5 June 2018

This hotel is very cute, and very authentically European (not a complaint!). The room and bathroom were clean, and the hotel was pretty quiet. Some street noise on a Saturday night, but not bad. The biggest selling points IMO are the location (4th arrondissement- and just steps away from the St. Paul metro stop), location, location! This is the neighborhood you have in mind when you picture old Paris, winding narrow streets and cafes and locals on scooters. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: April 2018, travelled with friends
Reviewed 30 May 2018

Not a grand hotel at all, this little hotel is wonderfully located in the Marais, Paris's chic 3rd arrondissement, just a few blocks from the Place des Vosges and a short work from the Saint Paul metro stop. The rooms are, as one might expect in Parisian budget hotels, small, but the two of us and all our baggage fit in comfortably. Bathroom has been recently renovated and is very nice. WiFi worked well; there is a nice TV (albeit, mostly French-language channels) and a comfortable bed. Lighting is excellent, often not the case in cheaper hotels. We arrived on a hot and humid day, and the air-conditioning was wonderful, cooling everything off quite quickly. Staff spoke English and were helpful, booking a taxi to the airport for us, when the trains were running irregularly due to a transit strike.

The one thing even slightly negative I would say is that the breakfast, which costs extra, is not a particularly good deal. Better to go to a cafe--and there are loads in the vicinity--and have coffee and a croissant.

This is by far the best Parisian budget hotel in which I have stayed.

Stayed: May 2018
Reviewed 16 April 2018

Went for a superior twin room, small but good sized shower room and all spotlessly clean and neat. Some road noise, with the window open, but then quiet overnight. Didn't try breakfast, only because I don't eat croissants! Think this place is a great find and would definitely return. Close to metro.

• Stayed: April 2018, travelled with friends
Reviewed 5 August 2017 via mobile

The room was clean, bedding comfortable, bathroom very nice.
Friendly staff and perfectly placed near st paul subway station in the marais.
Only thing (totally personal), there are no boiler in the room :( all the rest is perfect for a mid range hotel

Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 1 August 2017

I have been to Paris more than 100 times so far but only on business. So this was the first time we visited as tourists and obviously the choice of hotel was important even though we did not spend a lot of time there.

The hotel is around 25 minutes away from Gare de Lyon so convenient. Obviously you can take the metro but as I am not a big fan we walked. The hotel as such is in the Rue de Malher, a side street. Initially we thought it was rather small but all that was small was the elevator. Check in was really fast - did not even have to show ID. But the guy was friendly even though not the traditional kind of receptionist.

As mentioned, the elevator is small so 3 people and a medium seized suitcase was a bit tricky. Careful - maximum weight is 240 kg so we were fine.....

The room as such was really big. I mean there was a double bed plus single bed, a separate toilet and a bathroom plus separate toilet and there was still plenty of room. You could see that the place was refurbished and everything was clean and nice. The bed a tad too soft but after spending all day out and about, walking mainly, I did not really care. They give you small shower gels, the usual unlike some other hotels who provide some (low quality) dispenser.

Small issue upon check out. I booked directly at on the hotel website and as it was a while ago, I relied on the booking confirmation which confirmed that the hotel was paid. However, on check out the guy wanted the money again so I said hmmm no. However, turns out that they never got the money so it must have been an issue between banks. So we paid a day later and they were all cool about it as obviously we had the confirmation and did not really bother to check our statements earlier on and as mentioned, since booking it I forgot. But worth to pay for and rest assured: the price is really good for what you get!

Did not try their breakfast - slept, took a shower and got a Starbucks....

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family