“Luxury experience in the Champs-Elysées area” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Hotel Lancaster Paris Champs-Elysees

Hotel Lancaster Paris Champs-Elysees
Ranked #391 of 1,795 Hotels in Paris
England
“Luxury experience in the Champs-Elysées area”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 February 2012

My husband and I spent one night at the Lancaster hotel on the occasion of my mum’s birthday dinner party, which she held there (see my specific review on it). We just thought it was more convenient for us to meet up with her and the rest of the guests directly at the hotel. What a good idea it proved to be!

The internet website is the one of the Hostes hotel group and, in my view, it doesn’t do justice to this hotel at all. I did suspect it might be a good hotel as it was rated five stars, but I was far from imagining how good it would be!

We noticed how stylishly discreet and understated the entrance was. A porter was in attendance and he immediately welcomed us with a broad smile, asking for our names and opening the two sets of double doors leading to the reception, where he preceded us so he could announce our arrival.

The concierge reserved a warm reception to us as well, giving us useful information on the hotel and its surroundings. We checked in and were then led to the lounge to wait for our room, as we were early. A smiling waiter materialized at once and even if we didn’t need any drinks he still brought us some water, which was appreciated. We decided to go for a walk and a bite and when we came back we were taken to our room by Lucia, who told us everything we may need.

We had been assigned a dreamer’s room, one of their standard ones, but it turned out to be quite spacious, with high ceiling and an armchair, a chair and a desk in addition to the very comfortable bed and ample storage room. The bathroom had a bathtub and a separate “wet” shower and lots of useful toiletries. For once I needed a hairdryer and was very relieved to see that the one provided was professional and very powerful. I know, just a detail. But in a high-quality hotel details are of the essence. While the style of the room was traditional, as we like it, the lighting in both rooms was very modern, with various dimming settings to create different moods.
A tray of home-made chocolates with a welcoming message also made of chocolate was waiting for us (and didn’t last long!), courtesy of the hotel, to greet us as part of the dinner party.
What I did find unusual, and a pity, was the fact that no complimentary water was provided. We didn’t sample anything from the minibar or any food placed on an occasional table (which looked deceivingly free of charge, but wasn’t), just because we never do. However, out of interest we checked the prices and found them a bit too extravagant, to the point that we skipped our digestive pills rather than – as a matter of principle – spending nine Euros for a bottle of water.
The turn-down service was carried out properly: not only was the bed prepared for the night, but everything was cleaned, tidied up and replaced as appropriate.

The buffet breakfast was inspiring. The room was quite cosy, overlooking a pretty courtyard. The staff was attentive and smiling. We were led to the table of our choice and asked for orders of drinks and anything cooked we might wish for. My husband had some scrambled eggs, which took a while to cook because of a tiny communication issue between the members of staff, but were scrumptious. And I tested the quality of the hot chocolate, which, as was to be expected of a hotel with top chefs, was home-made and delicious. Unusually, a basket with pains au chocolat, croissants and baguette bread was brought to our table separately: the buffet didn’t offer much bread at all, apart from some excellent cranberry bread, but was otherwise very rich and imaginative: there were various cakes and tartlets, portions of crème brulée and crème caramel (all home-made and excellent), cookies, yogurt, fresh fruit including pineapple, dried fruit, berries, white ham, cheese or two sorts, fresh fruit juices, and so on. Presentation was excellent. Home-made jams and honey were also available, of course. No wonder that, despite my wise resolutions, I over-ate slightly…

The check-out went as smoothly s everything else and the concierge suggested some itineraries for the morning, while our baggage was stored for us. It was a bit too cold to walk around the Parc Monceau, so we took advantage of the few rays of sunshine on the Champs Elysées to warm up as much as possible and take in some Parisian air.

We left with a big smile… We definitely recommend this hotel to anyone looking for this location, luxury surroundings and top quality service and food.

Room Tip: The basic room ("dreamer's room") is already spacious enough.
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank crispypina
Sigrid-Loisel, Responsable commercial at Hotel Lancaster Paris Champs-Elysees, responded to this review, 10 May 2012
Dear Guest,

We would like to thank you very much for taking time to write a comment on TripAdvisor. We do appreciate your kindness and most of all your honesty about your stay.
We are very concerned by your detailed feed-back about each service and all the Lancaster team joined me to thank you for your nice comment.
We hope we will have the chance to welcome you in the Hotel Lancaster for your next visit in Paris.
Please, do not hesitate to contact us . It will always be a joy to assist you with your request.

Sales Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (128)
  • Korean first
New York City, New York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 February 2012

I had the opportunity of staying in this hotel, due to the overbooking in a vary famous hotel, where I had made the reservation. As a person that has visited Paris many times, I did have my preference, and I thought that there wasn't a better choice. To my surprise the trip that started with the inconvenience of being bumped from the hotel I chose to the Lancaster, result in a magnificent surprise. This boutique hotel, from the moment we stepped into the lobby, gave us the impression that everyone was truly happy to see us, and determined to make our three night stay unforgettable, and that is what happened. Clean, comfortable, and with superb service. If you are planning to visit Paris anytime soon, I do recommend the Lancaster. After all a vacation experience depends on the type of service we receive, and that expectation will surely be more than met by this property;s staff.

Room Tip: Great location too!!!
  • Stayed September 2011, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Gabriel1313
Sigrid-Loisel, Responsable commercial at Hotel Lancaster Paris Champs-Elysees, responded to this review, 14 March 2012
Dear Sir,

I would like to thank you for taking time to write your feed-back on our TripAdvisor page.
We really appreciated your comment and all the Lancaster' s team joined me to thank you.
We are particularly pleased to see we managed to reach your expectations and morevover as it was an overbooking situation from your original hotel.
We do hope to have the great pleasure to welcome you back in the Lancaster hotel for your next trip in Paris.

Hoboken, New Jersey, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 January 2012

I booked this trip through Expedia 3 days before I left and picked this hotel because of the great reviews (5 stars). This hotel exceeded all of my expectations. The staff was fantastic and went out of their way to make sure I had an amazing experience. They helped me book day trips (and rebooked one after the first company cancelled), made dinner reservations at places that I would be comfortable dining alone, the room service/restaurant staff were really friendly and the food was amazing. The room was lovely with beautiful furnishings, quiet and a radio/iPhone dock. The bathroom was like a spa, with deep soaking tub and incredible shower. What really made my trip, besides being Paris, was the staff. I already can't wait to go back in the Spring.

Room Tip: ASk for a room overlooking the garden - very quiet and zen.
  • Stayed January 2012, travelled solo
3 Thank Jane Q
Dear Madam,

Thank you very much for your kind message following your stay at the Lancaster hotel. We do appreciated your spent time to write a detailled comment on our TripAdvisor page.

The Lancaster's team joined me to thank you. We are really concerned to please our guests and alwyas try to reach even exceed their expectations!
We are waiting to welcome you back in your "Paris home" in Spring.
Do not hesitate to contact us if we can assist you to prepare your futur trip in Paris.

Rochdale, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 December 2011

We booked this hotel through Kirker Holidays as we were celebrating our Ruby Wedding Anniversary and wanted to stay somewhere special. We were not disappointed. From the moment we checked in everything was perfect. We were so impressed by the staff, especially those on Reception who usually greeted us by name and remembered which room we were staying in. Our room was spacious and comfortable with good lighting, heating and air conditioning. The bathroom was clean and well equipped. Our room overlooked the internal courtyard, so we did not have any noise from the street. There was a bottle of champagne in our room on arrival and when we returned later that night we had rose petals in the shape of a heart on our bed and were also brought a tray of canapes. We ate breakfast in the hotel. there was a good choice of pastries and cakes, all home made, as was the bread, along with cereals, fresh fruit, ham, cheese and smoked salmon. We could also order eggs cooked in a variety of ways. Service was impeccable but not at all stuffy.
We did not eat dinner or drink in the hotel as the prices were very high, even for Paris. On the first night we had booked a restaurant nearby using Kirker`s concierge service, and were given a lift there in the hotel`s car at no extra charge. On another night the hotel concierge recommended and booked a restaurant for us.
The Lancaster is not cheap, but if you want a special break with a touch of class it is well worth the money. It is also convenient, being just off the Champs Elysees and an easy walk up to the Arc de Triomph or down to the Place de la Concorde.
A fabulous hotel, can`t wait for another special occasion!

Room Tip: Rooms overlooking the courtyard are quieter than ones overlooking the street.
  • Stayed December 2011, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Jenang
Dear Guests,

I would like to thank you very much for taking time to write a detailed comment on TripAdvisor.
Every feed-back is important to us. Our interest is to serve you and always try to reach your expectations.
I am very happy your stay was enjoyable and I hope to have the great pleasure of welcoming you for your next visit in Paris.
I wish you a very nice day.

Sales Manager
Cape Town Central, South Africa
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 November 2011

This hotel is fabulous. We arrived and were warmly greeted by the front desk.

They had read my profile and prepared everything according to my likes- you are therefore made to feel so special.

The location is so convenient close the Champs but quietly tucked away in a side street.

The hotel decor is elegant and yet hs touches of modernity in iPod docking stations in rooms and flat screen televisions.

The room was superb with a balcony looking on the street below as well as the Champ.

The bathroom was amazing- marble and functional. The amenities are fabulous with so many little touches.

Love this hotel and will make this my permanent hotel choice in Paris.

• Stayed November 2011
2 Thank Jasonleg
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking time to write a comment on our TripAdvisor page. We do appreciated your feed-back.
High quality service is our priority and receiving a comment like yours make us feel proud.
We do hope welcoming you very soon in your "permanent hotel in Paris".

I wish you a very nice end of day.