“A classic Parisian hotel with superb service”

Hotel Plaza Athenee
Ranked #50 of 1,805 Hotels in Paris
Reviewed 13 August 2017

This is a very beautiful and glamorous palace hotel on Paris' grant street of fashion houses - and with a great view of the Eiffel Tower.
The doorman and staff were very friendly and we had a smooth check in.
The rooms overlooking the Avenue are excellent and our room had a stunning view of the Eiffel Tower from the balcony. The bed and bathroom, living area and balcony was excellent.
The hotel facilities are excellent, except it does not have a pool. The spa, the gym and the restaurants are good. The steam room was excellent and the deep tissue masssages I had with Emmanuelwere top class.

Breakfast was delicious and no dietary request was too much trouble. The terrace restaurant right outside the hotel overlooking Avenue Montaigne is a great spot but we found the service there quite offhand and slow. The dark liquid hot chocolate was divine!

We received recommenations for various restaurants - some were better than others. Overall we really enjoyed our experience at this very beautiful hotel.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a balcony overlooking the Avenue Montaigne with a view of the Eiffel Tower
  • Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Tania d
PlazaAthenee, Directeur général at Hotel Plaza Athenee, responded to this reviewResponded 14 August 2017

Dear Madam,
Thank you very much for staying with us at le Plaza Athénée as well as for these kind words posted on Trip Advisor.
We are all delighted to learn that your stay was beyond your expectations and hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you again very soon.
Kind regards,
François Delahaye- General Manager

Reviewed 9 August 2017 via mobile

I didn't think initially that staying here for a business tripwould be a good idea, given the hotel's known fashion week crowd, but I was mistaken... besides the impeccable decor and location, the service was very attentive, the hotel wasn't too crowded with posh holidaymakers and fashion models. A great combination of historic and trendy. The rooms were nice - more spacious than I expected for a hotel in the city centre, with a pleasant view on the courtyard. The room had plenty of modern accessories. The breakfast, while not exactly on the affordable end of the spectrum, was promptly served and tasty. One of the highlights is clearly the bar - fills up after midnight but absolutely packed with a lively scene and glamorous young crowd - open only to hotel guests and regulars.

Stayed: March 2017, travelled on business
3  Thank fizios
PlazaAthenee, Directeur général at Hotel Plaza Athenee, responded to this reviewResponded 10 August 2017

Dear Sir,
Thank you very much for having stayed with us at le Plaza Athénée and for having taken the time to share your experience on Trip Advisor.
The entire team is delighted to learn that your stay was beyond your expectations and we all hope to have the pleasure to welcome you again soon.
Best regards,
François Delahaye- General Manager

Reviewed 27 July 2017 via mobile

I always love bringing my friends here for afternoon tea.I love the sofa seating in the windows with the beautiful courtyard with its red awnings and red geraniums,adds an excellent touch to this view.The service was warm and friendly .Even though they had no cakes for vegans,they offered us a silver dish of very dark chocolateWhat a treatalong with a delicious pots of Poushkine green tea and Jasmine.They took great care of us.Thank-You.This place with its luxurious and cozy interior was such a real treat after our rounds of shopping Highly recommended.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled with friends
PlazaAthenee, Directeur général at Hotel Plaza Athenee, responded to this reviewResponded 28 July 2017

Dear guest,

I would like to thank you for your loyalty and for giving us such a great comment.
As we sincerely value our guests feedback, the whole team joins me in thanking you.

I am looking forward to welcoming you back for another Goûter of Angelo Musa.

Yours sincerely,

Reviewed 23 July 2017 via mobile

Very nice place
Amazing cocktails
Very good service
One of my favorite spots in Paris.
In summer I recommend the terrasse it's better than l'avenue with their pitiful service and unfriendly waitresses.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple

Dear guest,

First of all, I would like to thank you for your great feedback about La Terrasse Montaigne.
The whole team and I are sincerely glad that you enjoyed your moment with us thanks to the cocktails and the atmosphere we provide.

We are looking forward to see you soon,

Reviewed 21 July 2017 via mobile

Very beautiful and glamorous hotel on Paris' most trendy street.
I arrived to a great welcoming by the doorman and had a smooth check in.
The hotel facilities are top! The spa, the gym and their restaurants are amazing.
I didn't bother dining out during my stay in Paris as their room service menu is one of the best I've ever encountered. The terrace restaurant right outside the hotel overlooking Avenue Montaigne is a great spot for lunch and people watching.

Stayed: February 2017, travelled as a couple
PlazaAthenee, Directeur général at Hotel Plaza Athenee, responded to this reviewResponded 24 July 2017

Dear Madam,

I would like to personally thank you for the wonderful review you took the time to write, following to your recent stay with us. I have been truly thrilled to hear we succeeded in making your special birthday trip to Paris, a memorable one.

It has been my pleasure to share your praise with our entire staff, as it is the best tribute you could have made to them and the best reward to their continuous efforts in offering ultimate experiences to our guests.

We sincerely hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back very soon, to your Parisian home.

Kind regards,