Hotel Plaza Athenee
US$293
US$214
  • Restaurant
Savings alert! 10% below average rates

The price you found is 10% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$237/night.

Hotel Waldorf Montparnasse(Paris)(Great Value!)
US$155
  • Room Service
Hotel du Prince Eugene(Paris)(Great Value!)
US$116
US$99
Official Site
Hotel Berne Opera(Paris)(Great Value!)
US$169
US$120
Official Site
Hotel Eiffel Capitol(Paris)(Great Value!)
US$151
US$129
  • Bar/Lounge
Monceau Wagram Hotel(Paris)(Great Value!)
US$135
US$106
  • Bar/Lounge
Hotel Royal Saint Germain(Paris)(Great Value!)
US$243
US$330
US$465
US$393
  • Room Service
All reviewsavenue montaignealain ducassedorchester collectionworld class hotelsex and the citydeluxe junior suiteeiffel towerroom servicebeautiful hotelbest hotels in the worldle relaisconcierge was extremely helpfulconcierge teampublic spacesfive star hotelfour seasonsthe ritz
Reviewed 16 June 2017 via mobile

This was my first visit to this beautiful hotel. It is by far one of the nicest hotels I have ever stayed in. The staff were very friendly and helpful. They went out of their way to make sure that we were taken care of. The room was gorgeous and well appointed. There is an IPad in the room that you can order room service from. It makes ordering very easy. The room service food is so good it will make you never want to leave the room to eat anywhere else. I was traveling again with my three year old. They were very nice to her and had some kid centered amenities. The lobby is very formal and not a loud place. I would not recommend this hotel for kids who were not very well behaved.

Stayed: June 2017
1  Thank Kathy D
PlazaAthenee, Directeur général at Hotel Plaza Athenee, responded to this reviewResponded 19 June 2017

Dear Guest,

I am proud to read your splendid review, I graciously thank you for your FIVE star TA review and warm recommendations. Be assured that I will pass on your compliments to all of the team.

We are delighted to learn that you enjoyed being with us and we really hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back for your next stay in Paris.

Warm regards,

Reviewed 5 June 2017

Ive stayed in many hotels but this one was by far my favourite. My partner wanted to stay here as she loves sex and the city so when i arranged for us to stay here she was thrilled. I didn't think i would enjoy it as much since i am not a sex and the city fan but it was very very enjoyable. Best good and the staff were excellent! I definitely would recommend this hotel to all of my friends and family.

• Stayed: March 2017, travelled with family
PlazaAthenee, Directeur général at Hotel Plaza Athenee, responded to this reviewResponded 6 June 2017

Dear Guest,
We are delighted that despite not being a "Sex & the City" fan you enjoyed your stay with us and thank you for letting others know that it is always a good idea to stay at the Plaza Athénée!
We look forward to welcoming you again very soon.

Reviewed 4 June 2017 via mobile

Helpfulness of the staff is uncanny, level of service is impressive, the bar is über-fresh, lots of interesting people there.

Perfect strategic location for exploring Paris, lots of things to be seen in the area.

Stayed: June 2017, travelled on business

Dear Guest,
Thank you! Your generous and kind feedback is very much appreciated following your recent experience at the Plaza Athénée.
We hope to welcome you again very soon,

Reviewed 3 June 2017

The staff was superb at this hotel. Laurent, the concierge, was particularly helpful with
getting my baggage checked in correctly on Aegean Air. Their restaurant suggestions were spot on. The morning brunch is NOT to miss!

Room Tip: they do have interior courtyard rooms which basically have no view. Although they are very quiet which was nice.
  • Stayed: May 2017, travelled with family

Dear Guest,
We are most appreciative of your generous comments after your recent stay at the Plaza Athénée, thank you for taking the time to post on Tripadvisor.
We will of course share your compliments with our staff, and in particular Laurent, Concierge.
Let us know when we should next reserve your table for Brunch?
Warm regards,

Reviewed 3 June 2017

My sister and I stayed at the Hotel Plaza Athenee in May and there are many wonderful things about it to recommend.

The location is fabulous. It's within walking distance to the Eiffel Tower. It is also within walking distance to the famous Champs- Elysees, where I love to walk to see the stores, shops, cafes, restaurants, etc. (Incidentally, on this trip a tourist actually knocked me to the ground in her hurry!) The Champs-Elysees begins with the famous Arc de Triomph, (the memorial structure to Napoleon) and it is one of the many famous sites to see. The French architecture is beautiful beyond belief.

Our deluxe junior suite room was lovely and luxurious. It was decorated in the beautiful regency French style. We enjoyed the sitting room very much.
Our room came with a full breakfast - and the meal was wonderful! I have never enjoyed such delicious croissants and pan au chocolate. I give all 3 breakfasts an A plus. The beautiful room it is served in, and the amazing food make it an experience in and of itself!

We also dined in one of hotel restaurants - Le Relais Plaza. The food was superb - each and every delicious course. It was one of the finest meals I have ever eaten. I highly recommend this restaurant. To me, this is French food at its finest. Last year I found the food at our highly recommended hotel to be horrid, and another restaurant we tried was forgettable.

I would have given the hotel 4 l/2 stars if I could, but I could not at this visit give it 5 stars. That is because the service was not as it should be for a 5 star hotel. We came from London having stayed at the World famous Savoy Hotel and the service was not in any way comparable. We did not feel particularly welcomed - there was an air of "reserve" to put it nicely and a marked lack of friendliness. There were very few smiles from any of the staff. I've stayed in many wonderful, top of the line hotels - but the problem with the service was noticeable by both my sister and I and it was disappointing. From check in to the door-men. Where was the "what can we do for you Madame?" in a friendly manner? Here are just some of the examples - our service at breakfast was pretty good, but on the 3rd morning it was poor. The waiter frowned and seemed grumpy, and we had to ask him 3 times for water for my sister to take her medication with. Also, hair conditioner was missing from the room during my bath (not restocked) and I had to call room service to bring it up. Also, the toilet in our room smelled strongly of urine. In fairness, you would probably have to use the bathroom to notice the smell, and I'm sure the cleaning staff don't.

On a positive note, Mary, the concierge, was quite good, and I liked her very much. She was nice and extremely helpful, so much that she called around town to try to find me some gloves and had a junior staff member head to the Chomps-Elysees to see if he could find them for me. Now that's outstanding service! I also talked to Mary on the phone a couple times and she was very patient and helpful. Also, the gentleman at the bank window was fairly friendly and engaging.

I was able to speak to hotel representative who listened carefully about the issues we had. She promised to work on the them, and provide something special if we return. I appreciated that.

• Stayed: May 2017, travelled with family
2  Thank Dawn B

Dear Guest,
Thank you for providing so much valuable and detailed feedback following your recent stay with us.
We are grateful for your generous praise, (we will share your compliments with Mary!) and we are equally attentive to the points for improvement, for which we have duly noted.
We do hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you again very soon and in the meantime wish you a very pleasant summer.