“Excellent hotel in great shopping area!”

Hotel Plaza Athenee
Ranked #24 of 1,804 Hotels in Paris
Reviewed 3 June 2017

The staff was superb at this hotel. Laurent, the concierge, was particularly helpful with
getting my baggage checked in correctly on Aegean Air. Their restaurant suggestions were spot on. The morning brunch is NOT to miss!

Room Tip: they do have interior courtyard rooms which basically have no view. Although they are very quiet wh...
  • Stayed: May 2017, travelled with family
PlazaAthenee, Directeur général at Hotel Plaza Athenee, responded to this reviewResponded 6 June 2017

Dear Guest,
We are most appreciative of your generous comments after your recent stay at the Plaza Athénée, thank you for taking the time to post on Tripadvisor.
We will of course share your compliments with our staff, and in particular Laurent, Concierge.
Let us know when we should next reserve your table for Brunch?
Warm regards,

There are newer reviews for Hotel Plaza Athenee

Reviewed 3 June 2017

My sister and I stayed at the Hotel Plaza Athenee in May and there are many wonderful things about it to recommend.

The location is fabulous. It's within walking distance to the Eiffel Tower. It is also within walking distance to the famous Champs- Elysees, where I love to walk to see the stores, shops, cafes, restaurants, etc. (Incidentally, on this trip a tourist actually knocked me to the ground in her hurry!) The Champs-Elysees begins with the famous Arc de Triomph, (the memorial structure to Napoleon) and it is one of the many famous sites to see. The French architecture is beautiful beyond belief.

Our deluxe junior suite room was lovely and luxurious. It was decorated in the beautiful regency French style. We enjoyed the sitting room very much.
Our room came with a full breakfast - and the meal was wonderful! I have never enjoyed such delicious croissants and pan au chocolate. I give all 3 breakfasts an A plus. The beautiful room it is served in, and the amazing food make it an experience in and of itself!

We also dined in one of hotel restaurants - Le Relais Plaza. The food was superb - each and every delicious course. It was one of the finest meals I have ever eaten. I highly recommend this restaurant. To me, this is French food at its finest. Last year I found the food at our highly recommended hotel to be horrid, and another restaurant we tried was forgettable.

I would have given the hotel 4 l/2 stars if I could, but I could not at this visit give it 5 stars. That is because the service was not as it should be for a 5 star hotel. We came from London having stayed at the World famous Savoy Hotel and the service was not in any way comparable. We did not feel particularly welcomed - there was an air of "reserve" to put it nicely and a marked lack of friendliness. There were very few smiles from any of the staff. I've stayed in many wonderful, top of the line hotels - but the problem with the service was noticeable by both my sister and I and it was disappointing. From check in to the door-men. Where was the "what can we do for you Madame?" in a friendly manner? Here are just some of the examples - our service at breakfast was pretty good, but on the 3rd morning it was poor. The waiter frowned and seemed grumpy, and we had to ask him 3 times for water for my sister to take her medication with. Also, hair conditioner was missing from the room during my bath (not restocked) and I had to call room service to bring it up. Also, the toilet in our room smelled strongly of urine. In fairness, you would probably have to use the bathroom to notice the smell, and I'm sure the cleaning staff don't.

On a positive note, Mary, the concierge, was quite good, and I liked her very much. She was nice and extremely helpful, so much that she called around town to try to find me some gloves and had a junior staff member head to the Chomps-Elysees to see if he could find them for me. Now that's outstanding service! I also talked to Mary on the phone a couple times and she was very patient and helpful. Also, the gentleman at the bank window was fairly friendly and engaging.

I was able to speak to hotel representative who listened carefully about the issues we had. She promised to work on the them, and provide something special if we return. I appreciated that.

• Stayed: May 2017, travelled with family
2  Thank Dawn B

Dear Guest,
Thank you for providing so much valuable and detailed feedback following your recent stay with us.
We are grateful for your generous praise, (we will share your compliments with Mary!) and we are equally attentive to the points for improvement, for which we have duly noted.
We do hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you again very soon and in the meantime wish you a very pleasant summer.

Reviewed 3 June 2017

My husband and I visited this hotel to meet for breakfast with his brother, who was a official of a high level international delegation visiting Paris and meeting with the newly elected president of France. The staff was professional and welcoming when we entered the hotel, but as we tried to enter the breakfast room, one of the hotel staff blocked our entry initially because there was another venue for the over 100 people in the hotel delegation. She was rude, officious, and this did not reflect on this hotel. We observed that she treated other guests just as badly, who were not part of the delegation.

Stayed: June 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Caroline-LosAngeles1

Dear Guest,
Thank you for your feedback following your recent experience in our breakfast restaurant. We sincerely regret that you were subject to such an unwelcoming reception, especially after your most positive impression upon entering the hotel.
This is of course a training issue, which will be immediately addressed.
We do hope that we may have the honour and pleasure of welcoming you again at the Plaza Athénée so that you may again recognise of normal, high level of service.

Reviewed 26 May 2017

If your budget can afford it... This is the place to stay. Exceptionally located, safe secure and over the top service.
The first day was little rocky but once the staff understood our needs you didn't have to ask for anything - it just happened.
Concierge was exceptional, getting a forgotten purchase delivered from an hour away.

Room Tip: Ask for a higher floor, along the street, you can look out on the patio and see the tower
  • Stayed: April 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank BriefBoy
PlazaAthenee, Directeur général at Hotel Plaza Athenee, responded to this reviewResponded 29 May 2017

Dear Sir,
We all thank you for having stayed at the Plaza Athénée and for having taken the time to share your impressions on Trip Advisor. We are all delighted to learn that your stay was a success and we hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you again very soon.
Warm regards,
François Delahaye- General Manager

Reviewed 25 May 2017 via mobile

LE PLUS BON HOTEL DANS LE MONDE!!!!! Hotel plaza athenee is the best hotel that i have ever stayed at!!!!! .......and it illustrates what a five star hotel should be. .......from the moment you are greeted warmly by the bellmen in front to the
Staff in the lobby!!!! Louise and stephanie are in charge of guest relations and go out of their way to make you feel special and comfortable. The Concierges are simply Fantastic.....Laurent
Can make anything happen.....they all can.....including getting you the best tables in the finest restaurants in paris.
Our suite ,which is always the same one ,is just what you would want if you had an apartment in Paris....the windows open to an interior space filled with red geraniums and red awnings....truly a painting. The total staff is simply lovely....i do speak a bit of french and the roomservice attendant was so kind in complimenting my efforts...and in helping me get breakfast correct. I could go on and on......obviously i am "over the moon"
About this iconic hotel .It is also on the fabulous avenue montaigne......shopping at your fingertips as well as terrific restaurants!!!!
Si vous allez a PARIS......restez a la Plaza Athenee......You will
Never regret it!!!!!
(Also.......we felt completely safe at the hotel and elswhere in paris...and we just returned.)

Stayed: May 2017
PlazaAthenee, Directeur général at Hotel Plaza Athenee, responded to this reviewResponded 26 May 2017

Dear Guest,
Reading these kinds words posted on Trip Avisor is absolutely delightful and makes me proud of all our teams. I sincerely thank you for having stayed with us and hope that I will be able to meet and thank you upon your next stay to your Parisian Home.
In the meantime, we all remain at your entire disposal.
Warmest regards,