“Coffee place with a character ”
Review of La Cafeotheque

La Cafeotheque
Ranked #13 of 254 Coffee & Tea in Paris
Price range: US$3 - US$23
Cuisines: Cafe, Soups
Good for: Romantic
Neighbourhood: Le Marais
Description: Coffee Shop, Roasting, Specialty Coffees from around the world, single origin. You also can eat a small meal, and delicious home-made cakes.
Reviewed 14 February 2017 via mobile

Very special coffee shop in Paris. You can buy freshly grinded coffee of many different sorts. As well as have a good cup of coffee with a nice treat. We have ordered a brownie and a lemon tart with our coffees, both very tasty.
The place has a great interior, especially the "tropical room" full of plants with a window facing Seine, very cozy.
You can spend a good couple of hours there drinking coffee, chatting, reading.
Except for coffee and sweets, they serve light lunch food, like quiche with a side salad for example.

1  Thank Lina L

Reviewed 9 February 2017

The café's interior was pleasantly busy and eclectic. The staff seemed to us a bit confused, but nice. Maybe cafe specializes exclusively in coffee, otherwise I can not explain the poor quality of the hot chocolate. It was hot milk with a little cocoa. Warmed us, but very disappointed. If it were presented as cocoa so be it, but as the hot chocolate I magine a traditional, thick, distinctive chocolate.

1  Thank Martina T
Reviewed 5 February 2017 via mobile

My personal favourite coffee in all of paris!
As you walk in you are hit with the fresh smell of roasted coffee beans and that only a complement to how the coffee tastes!

1  Thank Phil F
Reviewed 9 January 2017

A perfectly crafted cappuccino, cosy sofa chair, good music and a open view of the street.
Harder to find a better place to sit in peace just to enjoy a coffee and pastry. Or to read a good book. Or to catch up with a friend.
The Parisien cafe and coffee experience I was looking for... :)

1  Thank mizjinx
Reviewed 28 December 2016

We had a coffee and a chai latte. Both were very good.
The place is very popular and thus not at all relaxing; I felt like I was at a railway station cafeteria.

The waiter remembered my cheesecake but forgot to bring the donut we ordered.
It was an omen and we shouldn't have reminded him.
When he finally brought it, it was very dry and ordinary.

When I was paying I told the guy (who seemed to be the manager) that the donut was very dry and really should not be served. He was not at all interested in the feedback and just ignored my comment.

1  Thank pointyendpreferred