“Truly Wonderful Stay and Superb Staff”

Hotel Design Secret de Paris
Ranked #28 of 1,805 Hotels in Paris
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 27 September 2017

We stayed here last week for 3 nights as a suprise trip for my Girlfriends birthday. I had emailed ahead and explained that I was planning to propose to her during our stay. They promtly replied and gave me a sense of reassurance that things would be fine and they would help with anything they could.

Upon our arrival at the hotel ( 10 mins in an uber from Gare Nord ) we were welcomed by Willman. This guy is a truly exceptional host and someone I will remember for a long time. We were greeted with Champagne and then he pulled me to one side to see if he could help with the proposal. What a guy.

After sipping our champagne, we were shown to our room on the 4th floor, a Eiffel tower room, number 43. Willman expained about the hotels design and characteristics and then presented us with a modest sized, but beautifully furnished room. The bed had rose petals all over it and my girlfriend was really suprised and happy. Well done Willman! After a quick tour of the room and its features, we were left to it. We went out locally ( lovely safe feeling area with plenty of bars and restaurants ) and then retired to our room.

Very comfy bed, quiet room and awesome rainfall shower and whirlpool bath. Subtle lighting and a really lovely place to be at the end of a long days travelling.

Next day we were greeted by Willman again and he explained to us on how best to get around Paris and to see the things we wanted to see. He made a take away coffee for us and We walked 10 mins up the road to the metro and 6 stops later €3.80 on the metro we were at the Arc de Triumph. We had a great day walking around Paris and the sights. We returned to again be greeted by our friend Willman. I sent my other half up to the room and explained to Willman that I wanted to propose right now, in our room and I had some champagne already. He sorted an ice bucket and wished me luck!

The next day again, we bumped into Willman and he wished us good morning and gave me a quick look as if to say ( how did you get on!! ) When I explained she said yes, he was overjoyed and shook my hand and gave my fiance a big hug. We were so happy.

Again on our return after a day in beautiful Paris, we were greeted with Champagne and our new friend Willman. He wished my fiance a happy Birthday and then we went off to the Moulin Rouge show ( which was brilliant )

This hotel is beautiful, quaint, friendly, romantic and in an excellent, safe area. The staff were exceptional and really made our stay even better than i could of imagined. I must say that Willman is the best hotel host I have ever come across, warm, friendly and most of all gave a brilliant personal service. I couldnt recomment this hotel enough and we have been lucky enough to stay at some incredible places.

We will be back as we Loved Paris and want to explore the city some more.

Room Tip: Eiffel Tower room was quiant, but very nicely finished and amazing shower
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
Write a ReviewReviews (1,674)

Reviewed 13 September 2017

we stayed for 2 night, 2 wonderful nights!
we loooove it -- excellent design and phenomenal staff!

initially we reserved a "standard" room at the famous hotel, then we did the last minute change -- looking for "something with soul of Paris" we decided to take a room at this hotel -- happy we did that.

if you book thru their web site -- it is cheaper than travel agencies (we saved $50 on expedia "taxes")

Staff is REALY great and helpful -- thank you, guys, you made our stay very special.

Room Tip: super design, jacuzzi, special lightning effects
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 28 August 2017 via mobile

Brilliant night in this jewel hotel. Everything is designed with originality and great attention to details. I've come several times in different rooms (moulin rouge, rifle tower, Trocadéro...) they have all a great decoration. Bathrooms are just... crazy with richness of materials and super lighting ambiances for 4 moods.
Bathtub jacuzzi? You will sleep in it ;-)
Service is also discret and very professional. All folks are smiling at you and make efforts to make you at ease. Breakfast especially with brings you the best croissants and fruits from around the corner.
Wether coming in Paris overnight for business, of in couple for a getaway... this is just perfect and I don't know other places I tried who can beat the value!
...please do not share too much this secret :-)

Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 23 August 2017 via mobile

Highly recommend this boutique hotel. It is unique, quirky and not cookie-cutter, but has all the typical amenities you want in a hotel: elevator, vast breakfast options, 24 hour gym, sauna/ steam room, A/C, flat screen tv and decent size rooms for France. We stayed in the Moulin Rouge themed room- make sure you don't mind the color red if you choose this room lol.

I have nothing but great things to say about the entire staff- everyone is so friendly, accommodating and helpful. The customer service here shines.

Breakfast is great with a variety of options: made to order eggs, fresh fruit, yogurts, breads, cereals, dried fruits, pastries, cheeses, meats, etc.

The location is good too as it is walking distance to two different metro station lines so that you have access to all the Parisian hotspots. There are also several restaurants, coffee shops, mini groceries and shopping within the vicinity too.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Britt S
Reviewed 17 August 2017

I won't tell you the "Secret" and ruin it, but this was a fun place to stay. Service was impeccable! Everytime we came in to the hotel and left they offered us coffee, waters, or Champagne! The rooms are really cool with really cool lighting. Funky vibe and bright colors. it was a great experience. Only downside was that the rooms were small, and it was a little bit of a walk to get to the touristy side of town.

Room Tip: We loved the Eiffel Tower room
  • Stayed: June 2017, travelled as a couple