“Shambolic service”
Review of Cafe Saint Honore

Cafe Saint Honore
Reserve with
Save up to 20% when you reserve online *
Cafe Saint Honore is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #5,082 of 18,856 Restaurants in Paris
Cuisines: French
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Louvre / Palais-Royal
Reviewed 6 April 2018

Waited about 20 minutes to have our order taken despite us asking, for our food then to take an hour to be served to us. One member of the group's food arrived even later, resulting in us finishing before she had even been served her food. The waiters would keep getting her order wrong on multiple occasions when we reminded them. Croque madames were served without eggs, until we reminded them, for them to come back out with individual eggs in hand that were slapped on top of our meal. Once we politely complained when we were settling the bill, we were met with hostility. "The customer is always right" is clearly not a doctrine followed in this restaurant, as we were told why we wouldn't be refunded. We were treated poorly, considering we were paying customers, and as though we were nothing but an inconvenience for them. Severely badly staffed, and would not recommend whatsoever if you do not want to start your day on a bad note.

Reviewed 5 April 2018 via mobile

We visited Cafe Saint Honore on a recent trip to Paris, after visiting the Louvre. We were seated quickly and service was fine but I got the impression that they wanted us in and out as quickly as possible. We ordered two Croque Monsieur which came with French fries and salad, the salad was a leaf of butterhead lettuce and a scabby slice of tomato. The bread the sandwich was on was sweet (??) but passable, not the best Croque Monsieur I've ever eaten though. The fries were frozen. For €11/12 I would have expected better. I was dying for a coffee but at €6 for an Americano I decided I'd wait, typical high prices near big attractions but it's disappointing and annoying that places like this try to rip you off. We ordered a litre of sparkling water and that was around €6 too, it doesn't really make sense that one coffee would cost the same amount?? If you are hungry and this place is nearby it will fill a gap but I wouldn't return.

Reviewed 18 March 2018 via mobile

Terrible service! We stop for a coffee because it was cold. The waitress didn't let us sit inside because we didn't order any food. The place was empty!!! It was past lunch! And she was so annoying and pushing us to order food! And the coffee was horrible and pricey ! Please don't go to this place! Skip it

1  Thank Arsel I
Reviewed 18 February 2018 via mobile

Had a quick lunch here before a visit to the Louvre. Three of us. My daughter had the croque madame, which was fine. I had a pasta carbonara, which would not pass for good in Canada, never mind in France. My daughter’s friend had six snails for 12 Euro, which was just ridiculous. On top of it we asked for water and they pulled the trick of bringing three bottles worth 5 Eur each (my bad for forgetting to ask for “tap”). So, food was poor to acceptable, price was high, and the water trick just annoying.
Go somewhere else. This place is just a tourist trap.

Reviewed 11 February 2018 via mobile

Mediocre food, pricey .. I ordered a child’s size lasagne and was still charged the full amount even though given a half portion
Not great customer care!