See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 2 September 2017 via mobile

We went to a PSG game and this hotel is the perfect starting point for this kind of trip, it has a very good connection to the stadium and is not far from it. Good hotel, the rooms are very very clean, friendly people that will help you with anything. Especially Stephanie from the front office, she is a great example of the perfect employee.

Date of stay: August 2017
Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 27 August 2017 via mobile

I booked this hotel as it was reasonably priced and had a gym and good transport links The bus, tram and métro all run outside the hotel. The staff were fantastic and would go out of there way for you and Deborah was fantastic and a real asset to the hotel. Friendly, helpful and bubbly.

The gym wasn't well equipped at all unfortunately. So I found a local gym and used that instead. The hotel offers breakfast, but I didn't take that option and preferred to use the local, boulangeries and supermarkets as there are many nearby.

If you're claustrophobic you won't particularly like the lift though.

Other than that I had a fantastic stay and would definitely go back.

Date of stay: August 2017
Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 10 August 2017

When we arrived in the hotel; the first thing they did was charging their hotel fee... Then they tried to transfer us to another lower quality hotel by saying that they are full despite booking our room around 5 weeks ago... After seeing the room (which they transferred us) we refused to stay there; then they took us back to their hotel...
Which means; they tried to fool us first... JUST STAY AWAY THIS IDEAL(!) HOTEL!!!...
-Not clean
-No lavatories
-Very rude staff
-Very noisy environment (especially at nights)

Date of stay: July 2017
2  Thank BahadirTR
Reviewed 23 May 2017

Please feel free to read my honest review of my experience at this hotel, or see the key points below if you’re in a hurry:

- Unclean hotel environment
- Room took over an hour to prepare, even though it was after 1pm in the afternoon
- Awful looking floor in room
- Room had an ash tray, even though it was non-smoking
- Old and rickety desk
- Small TV with “brown stains”
- Separator as a wall between room and bathroom
- Shower had brick/debris in it

When we got to the hotel it looked quite underwhelming, but since we had recently been surprised with a hotel house in Brighton, I thought I would have an open mind about this one.
We entered the hotel around 1pm (Paris time), and we were informed that our room was not ready. I was a little surprised but didn’t think it would be a big deal, as my partner and I decided we’d go and get some lunch anyway.
Before we set off for lunch we asked if we could use a toilet, to which the staff member at the desk happily allowed us to. The toilet however was quite small, and was rather suspect, as part of the tank system on the toilet itself had a plastic water bottle which had been cut in half…
Nevertheless, we set out for lunch!

We disappeared for about 45 minutes and returned to learn that our room was still not ready, which annoyed me somewhat, as the hotel had our details and knew we were coming, and we were still left without a room.
While we waited, we took a seat on the sofa they had in a small, open communal area, which was situation next to the front desk.
The pictures of this area on Google Maps do not match, as the small dining tables did not have table cloths as shown, but at this time it didn’t really matter.
The staff member then sat down at one of the said dining tables in front of us and proceeded to have his lunch. Whilst I completely understand everyone has to eat, I just thought it was quite disappointing that the staff member was not doing his best to ensure that their paying guests weren’t looked after as a priority; especially considering we had arrived pretty late in the afternoon.

After about 15 minutes or so, the lady cleaning our room came down, and we were informed that our room was ready.
We were taken up to the room and we were quite surprised (in a negative way) to what we saw.
The room had a wooden floor, rather than carpet, which had been shown in most of the pictures available online. Even though it had just been mopped, and we were told that the floor would still be wet (we understood that), it still looked unpresentable.
There was a small desk which was wobbly and looked like it could have collapsed with enough pressure applied to it, a small TV on the wall which had some brown stains on one of the corners (as if gravy had been thrown at it), a double and a small bedside table on each side.
Even though my girlfriend had asked for a non-smoking room, an ash tray was present on the desk, and the air in the room felt quite thick, as if someone had been smoking in it recently.
The room came with a bathroom, but this was just guarded by a separator wall, which could be looked over if you stood on a chair; so it was not an actual wall!
The shower curtain looked quite dirty, and there were bits of debris or tile/brick in the shower itself.
The bed itself and the sheets looked the cleanest part of the room, but I was quite suspicious after seeing everything else, and the shower really knocked me back…

On top of this, I could not get my phone to connect to the wifi.
When I asked the member of staff how I might connect to it, he informed me that you should simply connect to the open wifi network and then open an Internet browser window on your phone. This would then take you to a page where you would enter your email address, and you would then be able to use the wifi. This did not work for my phone.
It may very well be that there was an issue with my phone, but the member of staff didn’t really seem to have a solution to this problem. I suppose I can’t really knock the staff member for not having a solution, as the issue did seem a bit odd, but it was slightly disappointing that I would not be able to use the wifi, as I intended to call my family back home via WhatsApp.

With all of this in mind, we decided we would look for another hotel. Fortunately there was an Ibis hotel not too far, and I know that they are reputable in the United Kingdom, so we decided to go down there and see if there were any rooms available.
We took our bags with us, as I felt uneasy leaving them at this Ideal Hotel; I’m glad we made this decision!
As we were leaving, the hotel staff member asked for us to return the room key, even though we had not mentioned anything about cancelling or checking out at this stage. I was completely shocked! I have never heard of handing in a key when you pop in and out of a hotel you are staying at.
Whilst I appreciate that hotels more than likely have spare keys to rooms, thus allowing hotel staff members to enter guest’s rooms, asking for the key back just made it feel more real that someone may enter your hotel room. For me, this was the straw that broke the camel’s back!

Thankfully we managed to book a room for our stay in Paris at the Ibis Hotel, and I certainly didn’t mind paying what some might see as a slightly high price since it was on the day - our room was ready to enter, by the way.

Once we had dropped our bags off in our new room, we went back to the Ideal Hotel to cancel our stay.
The hotel staff member asked if there was reason why we wanted to cancel our stay, to which I began to list all of the discrepancies; he looked downhearted and offered us other rooms.
We stood our ground and were adamant that we wanted to cancel our stay.
The staff member informed us that he would charge us for one (instead of two). Of course this wasn’t ideal (no pun intended) but I did not want to get into a vicious argument whilst aboard, so we paid the fee for one night (since I guess we had actually checked in). This knocked up back 89€.

Overall, the pictures available online do not appear to be entirely truthful, as the room we were booked into does not appear in any of them, and some of the bathroom pictures available do actually look rather nice. What we had was awful!

My honest advice based on this experience: do not stay here.

Room tip: If you have to stay here, try and get a room on a high floor, as the hotel is situated on a busy, narrow road.
Date of stay: May 2017
2  Thank Santiago-Stone
Reviewed 16 July 2016

Room tip: The Hotel is a bit run down and could use some maintenance. It was adequate as one should never stay in a room in Paris
Date of stay: July 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with BudgetPlaces