“Wonderful food, wonderful owner”
Review of Le Lamarck

Le Lamarck
Reserve with
Le Lamarck is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #151 of 19,411 Restaurants in Paris
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Montmartre
Reviewed 10 March 2018 via mobile

After climbing what felt like a million steps to get to Sacré Cœur, I decided to have lunch before doing more sightseeing . I came upon several small restaurants on Rue Lamarck and in a whim picked this one. Wow. What great luck!

The menu was reasonably priced and the options were varied. I was torn between the beef dish and the Asparagus Risotto, but the entire menu looked appealing. I finally chose the risotto. The waiter, whom I later learned was the owner and chef, was friendly and kindly assisted me with the translation of the menu items that were unfamiliar to me. I wanted to practice my French and he smiled and joked, “oh I wanted to practice my English! But for you I will speak French!” Very charming!

The place filled up and he was very busy but he never missed a beat! My food was delicious and how he was so attentive while being so busy, I do not know.

Deserts were also difficult to choose... I ended up with the passion fruit cheesecake and that was amazing. Very light and smooth.

I totally loved this place. I would go back again in a heartbeat! It was a lovely place!!

Date of visit: March 2018

Reviewed 26 February 2018

My partner and I went here during a long weekend trip to Paris - on the back of trip advisor reviews of places in Montmartre - and we couldn't believe our luck. This small restaurant is situated incredibly close to Sacre Coeur in Montmartre, an already stunning location. On arrival you'll be greeted by the incredibly friendly staff including the young chef whose menu seems to encapsulate everything great about french food: traditional dishes, exciting modern twists, the best ingredients, and fantastic presentation. The entire meal for 2 (1 shared starter, 2 mains, 1 shared dessert, wine) set us back around 70 euros. From what we understand, the menu changes relatively frequently according to seasonal ingredients and the chef's experimentation. Although we only tried the one wine (which was very drinkable and reasonably priced), there is a decent selection to drink.

My only regrets are that we couldn't stay longer to chat with the staff and other clientele, and that we couldn't visit again to try more things on the menu. Highly recommended, we'll be sure to visit again in the future!

Reviewed 22 February 2018 via mobile

Wonderful experience at this cozy restaurant with an adventurous young chef. First of all, you will feel welcome immediately in this small restaurant that seats no more than 30 people. Attentive friendly service in a warm relaxing environment.
You will have a hard time choosing among the various tentations on the menu. I opted for a « spicy » veal dish that combined some killer flavors based on obvious high quality products. Topped it off with an innovative pepper cheesecake that was simply amazing ..
All this accompanied with an insanely high quality wine list and after dinner drink. Go there and enjoy this high quality unpretentious culinary adventure !

Reviewed 21 February 2018 via mobile

Met with family for a catch up dinner just before Christmas and we thought we’d try something new for once. Didn’t regret it! Cosy atmosphere, friendly service, yummy gourmet food, and homemade limoncello as a final touch, we spent a delightful evening right at the bottom of the Sacré Coeur. I’ll definitely be back for more!!

Date of visit: December 2017
Reviewed 19 February 2018

Truly delicious food by a young chef with his very first solo venture. He bounced out of the kitchen on a miserable Tuesday night encouraging us to try his home made haggis! which turned out to be a fois gras based pie which was as mouthwatering as everything that came from his tiny kitchen. The desserts are deconstructed delights - I had a tart citron which turned out to be a mound of perfect lemon cream with shards of melt in the mouth pastry exploding from the plate. The highlight of our trip to Paris. Book now!