“Should be better for being a Michelin "Bib Gourmand"”
Review of L'Atelier du Parc

L'Atelier du Parc
Reserve with
L'Atelier du Parc is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #756 of 18,220 Restaurants in Paris
Price range: US$27 - US$68
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed 26 December 2013

We booked 2 months in advance for a family birthday. The service and follow up in advance was excellent. They composed a 7 course meal according to our budget (~€100 pp) and we got the place downstairs for ourselves the first hour (see picture).
Unfortunately the restaurant didn't manage to follow up the good service the booking had given in advance. Several times we had to remind and ask for wine refill. On top of that they were slow serving and almost no smiles.
The food was good, but it was no wow. More stylish than tasty. Wines were expensive.
The children meal was a real disappointment. It looked and tasted like an IKEA pasta dinner (see picture).
Unfortunately the restaurant couldn't live up to neither our expectation nor the Bib Gourmand award.

Reviewed 26 December 2013 via mobile

More of an intimate setting and not really for families. Food was gorgeous but I received items that were a bit different to what I thought the waiter described. English was limited. 2 bottles of still water cost €12 which I was a bit horrified about and the bill for 2 adults and 2 children was €245. Was lovely as a one off bit the price was certainly a bit daunting.

Reviewed 30 July 2013 via mobile

The food was ok but didnt really find it worth the money. Waiters werent friendly too. Overall didnt have a good experience.

1  Thank LiyaZen
Reviewed 22 June 2013

Friendly atmosphere and if needed english spoken. We did the degustation menu. It was okay and not very spectacular. I mean encountering a yellow tomato gazpacho twice in a menu is not very creative. (amuse bouche and later on part of a regular course? come on chef..) One course was basically a piece of bread (crostino) with some cheese on it. Bit like a lunch bite in my opinion. The lamb course was good, the sweet bread crust disappointing. Desert was nice although a little too sweet for me and way too much. Some fine tuning definitely required.

1  Thank olaf l
Reviewed 2 April 2013

I can't fault the food at this restaurant. It really was very good, from the surprise amuse bouche to the little meringues that accompanied the bill. At first I thought the portions might be a little on the small size but they were actually pitched just right because I left feeling satisfied as opposed to bloated. Beer was expensive but we noticed this to be the case in all the restaurants we ate at during this trip to Paris. I'm not sure when it became acceptable to charge 8 euros for a bottle of beer but that wasn't isolated to this restaurant so it's not really a criticism. My husband had half a bottle of wine that was also quite expensive, again this seems to be the case across Paris at the moment.

I loved the décor, the service was efficient and friendly without being too effusive and the waiters both spoke excellent English. We booked quite early, 7:30pm because I'm 8 months pregnant and finding it difficult to stay up very late. We were the only people in the restaurant until about 8pm and by the time we left at 10pm it was full. So if you want a bit more atmosphere I'd advise booking a bit later.

We would definitely return if we're in Paris again. Just bear in mind this isn't a Michelin starred restaurant. Some previous reviewers appear to have been confused about that. The restaurant itself is very clear that they have been awarded a Bib Gourmand by Michelin, not a star, so don't go expecting Michelin starred food!