“Excellent food”
Review of L'Atelier du Parc

L'Atelier du Parc
Reserve with
L'Atelier du Parc is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #823 of 19,262 Restaurants in Paris
Price range: US$27 - US$89
Good for: Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed 2 April 2013

I can't fault the food at this restaurant. It really was very good, from the surprise amuse bouche to the little meringues that accompanied the bill. At first I thought the portions might be a little on the small size but they were actually pitched just right because I left feeling satisfied as opposed to bloated. Beer was expensive but we noticed this to be the case in all the restaurants we ate at during this trip to Paris. I'm not sure when it became acceptable to charge 8 euros for a bottle of beer but that wasn't isolated to this restaurant so it's not really a criticism. My husband had half a bottle of wine that was also quite expensive, again this seems to be the case across Paris at the moment.

I loved the décor, the service was efficient and friendly without being too effusive and the waiters both spoke excellent English. We booked quite early, 7:30pm because I'm 8 months pregnant and finding it difficult to stay up very late. We were the only people in the restaurant until about 8pm and by the time we left at 10pm it was full. So if you want a bit more atmosphere I'd advise booking a bit later.

We would definitely return if we're in Paris again. Just bear in mind this isn't a Michelin starred restaurant. Some previous reviewers appear to have been confused about that. The restaurant itself is very clear that they have been awarded a Bib Gourmand by Michelin, not a star, so don't go expecting Michelin starred food!

Reviewed 17 February 2013

We booked well in advance for 8.00 p.m. midweek and the restaurant was quiet although filled up later. Food was of a high standard and the service was professional if a little distant, I didn't feel staff went out of their way to make us feel particularly welcome. However the food was reasonably priced for its high quality but the wine was very expensive - however that is the norm for Paris. Overall worth a visit.

Reviewed 21 November 2012

This cosy little restaurant near metro Porte de Versailles in the Montparnasse area offers a choice of 3 set menus for dinner (35, 42 and 49 euros) and a tasting menu (79 euros) . Helpfully, there are English translations on the menu. The cooking is a mixture of traditional French fare extremely well executed and more adventurous (slightly Hestonish!) combinations – also really well done. My partner and I enjoyed our meals hugely, with all ingredients and cooking clearly of a very high quality and with some quite spectacularly presented dishes. The service was efficient if not exactly effusive, but they mellowed at the end and offered us a free glass of champagne as we paid the bill! After that, of course we would go back again!

1  Thank WalkingAr0und
Reviewed 16 October 2012

Wow! The 42euros menu had many wonderful choices. We selected cod and fish stew after terrine of veggies and an artichoke tart. Dessert was superb.
I ordered a 2010 white Burgundy at 46 euros that was perfect with the meal.
Eddie the thirty-one year old owner seems wise beyond his years; providing charm, elegance and good service.
A must for foodies!

Reviewed 21 September 2012

Our meal got off to a great start with an amuse bouche of tuna and tomato mousse which had intense but not overpowering flavour. All of the dishes we had were beautifully presented (check out the photos on the restaurant's website). The quality of the food is definitely up to Michelin star standard and the serving sizes are generous. The four of us each had a starter and main course but we didn't order desserts even though they looked amazing. Two of us shared a cheese plate and we all had coffee. We had a bottle of Sancerre white wine and a bottle of Saint-Chinian red wine. The bill came to around €270 but we thought that the meal was very good value. The service was efficient and friendly.

2  Thank Les36