“Fab stay at le Fabe!”

Manchester, United Kingdom
“Fab stay at le Fabe!”
Reviewed 5 February 2012

Hotel le Fabe is Fab!

On arrival we were upgraded for free due to the hotel not being full mid week, great start!

The hotel is in a residential area of Paris which is nice is you like being out of the hustle and bustle of the centre and want to feel a bit more 'parisian'. Great little restaurants all around the area, safe to walk out and about in the evening and right next to Pernety tube station enabling you to get in and out of the centre of Paris in no time. We got a 2 day pass on the tube zones 1-3 which got us all over the city for a really reasonable price.

Didn't opt for breakfast at the hotel, however the staff were more than happy to provide us with hot drinks after a freezing day sightseeing for a tiny charge.

To wrap up,

Great location, great staff, clean, modern and cosy!

Room Tip: Rooms are only small however if you are a frequent big city traveller you would be used to this.
  • Stayed January 2012, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (114)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Paris, France
Reviewed 29 January 2012

I stayed here in December 2011 and loved both the hotel and the location. They have a great website on which you can view each of the rooms, which was partly why I chose this particular hotel. The location is great - not far from the big Gare Montparnasse, and a stone's throw from the metro station Pernety. There are lovely bistros, fleuristes, patisseries and boulangeries right near the hotel so plenty of amenities right outside. Great service, and a cup of tea upon arrival which was nice after a tiring journey! The hotel is clean, beautiful and quiet. The interior design is superb, with gorgeous en-suite shower room. I would recommend this little gem of a hotel.

Room Tip: The place was quiet; just a bit of city traffic noise outside, which is understandable in a capital...
  • Stayed December 2011, travelled solo
2 Thank Andrea D
Winnipeg, Canada
Reviewed 26 January 2012

I booked this place based on Trip Advisor reviews and agree that the great reviews were completely accurate. When booking, my only concern was the location as it appeared to be away from the main tourist spots, but as with other reviews I think this turned out to be one of the best areas to stay! I am so happy we stayed in a quieter area that had great restaurants, bakeries, and shops and was very close to the Metro so everything in the city was just a quick ride away. It was so nice to come back to this area after a long day of site-seeing too. We ended up having all our dinners in the area. Also to note, the concierge really is so helpful. He recommended some great places to eat and had good tips for site-seeing.

I thought the room was perfect for us. We were only there to sleep so we didn't need a huge room. It was clean, the bathrooms nice and people need to understand that most Parisien hotel rooms are not big, so I was pleasantly surprised that it really was a decent size.

Highly recommend this place!!

2 Thank Carrie M
Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 26 January 2012

A first trip to Paris for me and my husband to celebrate his 30th and what a weekend! When planning the trip I had no idea of where to stay as there is so much choice in Paris. I found Le Fabe after endless searches on Trip Advisor and this came up with the best reviews and recommendations within my budget. We weren't disappointed at all. Alex and his colleagues at the hotel were very welcoming and provided us with lots of advise on how to enjoy the city. The room was really clean and modern and the hotel had a great friendly atmosphere. The hotel is small but this means that the staff can really look after you. I would highly recommend this if you're looking to get away from the large corporate hotels, and fancy a bit more of Parisian charm.

Fredericton, Canada
Reviewed 22 January 2012

Everything positive you read about this hotel is completely accurate. I am a freelance writer and have written quite a bit for the New Brunswick, Canada department of Tourism. I can tell you that I am difficult to please when it comes to travel accommodations.
My daughter and I stayed here for one night only, regrettably, and were overly-impressed with the charm of the Hotel Le Fabe. We walked in from the biting cold and our host, Alexandre, prepared for us a wonderful hot beverage. He gave us important tourist information and helpful tips we wouldn't have gotten otherwise. I suspect Alexandre is a major reason this hotel has received awards and accolades.
Our room was small by Canadian standards, but oh so spotlessly clean and comfortable. The bed was a bit hard for my liking, but my daughter loved it, so it's a question of taste. There was plenty of hot water and the shower was fantastic. I thought the water would smell and taste horrible, but I was wrong; the water must be filtered or treated because it was as good as my well-water here at home. Our room was directly on the street, but it was very quiet and we heard no noise whatsoever from the other rooms. There was a hot beverage machine in the room to which we availed ourselves. There was also a wall-mounted flat screen TV, but we did not turn it on.
I can't say enough about the quality of this gem of hotel and I plan on returning there.

Room Tip: Our room, the Mona Lisa, was large and very quiet.
  • Stayed January 2012, travelled with family