“Poor service”
Review of Svetlana

Svetlana
Reserve with
Svetlana is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #5,836 of 19,023 Restaurants in Paris
Dining options: Reservations
Neighbourhood: Montmartre
Reviewed 17 June 2015

Decent food, was overshadowed by poor service. Quite inattentive and rude treatment. It's a shame because it is unique cuisine.

Reviewed 16 April 2015

We ate here one evening at the end of a long weekend in Paris. I had beef stroganoff, my wife chose a ravioli dish. We also had a bottle of Georgian wine. The food was excellent and the service helpful and friendly. We would definitely come to this restaurant again!

1  Thank lochgorm
Reviewed 25 April 2014

After having a tired day we went looking for some good Russian cuisine.

The restaraunt seemed really nice. We entered and took our seats. When the man

came to serve he was smelling of alcohol. He was rude and insulted his clients. Of course we left.

there was no politeness. Please do not take your family here and do not go here. After reading

that the owner is nice in the previous reviews I was really excited. I suggest not to spoil your trip

in Paris. This man was shouting, insulting and almost seemed ready to hit. Worst experience in

any country.

3  Thank Lilonav
Reviewed 21 January 2012

I have visited this Russian restaurant during a business trip, as me and my colleagues were staying in the area and we decided to try a different cuisine for one of our dinners.

The food is very good at Svetlana's. We enjoyed appetizers and main dishes, they were delicious and in good quantity. Only the dessert was kind of poor but at least it was homemade so it's not a big deal. Prices are around 30 euros per person including coffee, but without wine/beverages, which is fairly good for the prices of Paris. They also offer an option for fixed price menu (formule in French) for 20 euros per person but with limited options. My only comment regarding the menu is that the Vodka is extremely expensive.

The decoration of the place is an experience as well, be prepared for an overload of colours and different things! :)

The night we visited the restaurant there was a young guy that played 6-7 songs on his guitar, very nice voice and music.

2  Thank isparos9
Reviewed 9 June 2011

As I know my country very well, I knew from the very beginning that this restaurant should have some flaw. To my surprise, the food was quite good, the decoration and music were bearable, the prices were decent and the owner was rather nice (in his own Armenian manner, of course, you should not expect too much of him). But then it arrived: a guy naming himself ‘tonton Sergey’ came to play accordion and sing his own songs in a horrible hoarse voice. In such a tiny place as ‘Svetlana’ the loud accordion music beats your ears. Besides, ‘tonton’ was quite intrusive and mocked at you if you did not applaud. In a word the guy completely spoiled the place which would be quite nice without him. Too nice for a Russian restaurant…

2  Thank ganso_sabio