“Below average”

La Table des Terroirs
Ranked #20 of 79 Restaurants in Epernay
Reviewed 23 July 2017 via mobile

Would not recommend as meat was very dry difficult to eat, fish was just OK. Nothing special at all.

Reviewed 10 July 2017 via mobile

I dined at La Table des Terroirs as part of a group trip (about 6 people) to the Champagne region. Our guide brought us to this cute restaurant for a bite to eat before heading to the next destination and I, along with other group members, were pleasantly surprised.

We expected a mediocre lunch (not because of the establishment, but because food on group outings tend to be dry and unimaginative) but instead found ourselves raving about each dish. The salmon was the perfect starter to the lunch. Members of our group loved the sauce so much that we asked for a cup for the table! The coq a vin was juicy and well seasoned. The desert was refreshing and light- not too sweet and the perfect way to end the meal.

The restaurant only served two groups that day so it felt as if it closed down for us. We shared one server for all 6 of us. He was very polite and never left us without full glasses to drink from.

I recommend this place for groups and for anyone who is looking for fresh, full flavors that are delightfully presented.

Reviewed 15 June 2017 via mobile

My husband and I dined at this establishment last night, a restaurant which had been recommended by our hosts.
When we arrived, there was no one in the restaurant and we were shown the small courtyard out the back. A large group was seated here, and it seemed very noisy so we chose to be seated inside. Throughout the evening we were the only customers in this room and the ambiance was nil. The waiter could be described as odd and the evening just got more odd. He spoke no english, and with some broken french we decided upon a three course menu. I asked this waiter twice whether he had any music, and he tried very hard about an hour after arrival to get his mobile phone connected to the speaker. Our food was well presented, but very average in taste. We got the feeling we were part of Faulty Towers!
There were items dropped, there is an open kitchen into the corridor and we heard all the plates being stacked and cleaned. Not a pleasant experience, service terrible, food just ok! They describe themselves as a gastronomic restaurant, it must have been the real chef's night off!

Reviewed 15 March 2017 via mobile

Visited the restaurant as part of the champagne tour to Moët et Chandon. Had a Scottish salmon for starter, main course was delicious duck.

Clean and very friendly staff.
I will recommend

Reviewed 22 August 2016

This restaurant has had a name change as in the restaurant guide given out at the Tourist Office it is called La Table des alsace, which caused us a bit of confusion. Staff here don't speak English and there isn't an English menu so we weren't quite sure what to expect from our limited French vocabulary. Anyway it did not matter, as we thoroughly enjoyed our meal especially the main course which was shredded duck which was wrapped in cabbage and served with a delicious cherry sauce and a french version of a potato bake. I haven't described it well but it was one of the best meals I have eaten. The entree was also lovely, a light asparagus souffle type dish with morsels of crayfish. The creme brulee was OK but have had better as tasted slightly burnt and lacked a bit of flavour. We sat outside in the courtyard as it was a lovely evening though there were plenty of seating available inside as well. I will take my friends here next year when we return to this wonderful region.