“Taste of FR”

Cuisines: French
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 5 November 2017 via mobile

At the business trip (sunday) , during the evening we would like to eat good dinner at Epernay.
Unfortunately is not to easy.
Finally , we found Cave Restaurant (next to kebab).
Open from 7:00 pm only.
We tried „ Manu Terroi” _ three courses / 30euro per person
Try snails for starter
Salmon dinner and
Toast with plums for dessert.
Small place but crowded.

In my opiniom you can find there a taste of french cuisine

Not exensive

Date of visit: November 2017

Reviewed 27 October 2017 via mobile

Really enjoyed our meal here. Excellent food & drink: We had the menu Saveur and a bottle of the Voirin-Jumel Grand Cru. Got in without a reservation on a Friday night by coming right when they opened at 7 pm. The place was full by 8:00. Thanks trip advisor, wouldn’t have come here without seeing the other ratings!

Reviewed 27 October 2017 via mobile

We booked ahead of time and were pleasantly surprised when we arrived. A warm welcome and traditionally French decor greeted us. We selected a 40€ menus and the champagne tasting selection. After our order was taken we were bought our first glass of champagne and the starter arrived fairly promptly.

Sadly after this course the service became incredibly slow. I had to ask for our plates to be removed having sat with them for around 20 minutes. The restaurant was busy but by no means over crowded and at times the waiters just didn't even acknowledge us.

Whilst the food was outstanding (the beef!) the service really did let this visit down.

Reviewed 22 October 2017

Epernay was busy on the Friday night and this was second choice but so pleased our first choice was full. At first it seems a very small restaurant with a few tables as you enter but judging by the number of people taken through the back they have additional seating. They were very busy on the night we went and turned many people away, so if you are eating on Friday in Epernay book! Service got off to a little shaky start but then we were served by a lovely lady with enough command of the English Language. I ordered form the 40€ menu my wife went off the menu. Champagne used to be my passion but unfortunately I can not enjoy it so after a very good beer I asked for a Gin & Tonic which prompted lots of French shrugs and looks of what was I doing in Epernay asking for a G &T, they did not have Gin and Tomic! After several discussions they left without taking an order. for my alternative, so I called them back and asked for a beer The lady said would I not wait a few minutes as they had sent out for a bottle of Gi, 5 stars for effort. And the meal deliciously French, price good value

Reviewed 14 October 2017 via mobile

What a treat Friendly staff, great food and a great french atmosphere. We love the french kitchen. Look at our picture and remember to book a table