“What a lovely evening!”

Cuisines: French
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 29 August 2017 via mobile

Had such a lovely evening at this charming restaurant! The food was simple but delicious, something for everybody. The waitress was lovely, she was very pleasant and helpful. We would definitely go back!

Reviewed 24 July 2017

Try the potato dishes: they are really special and very good. We sat on the back terrace. Service was very correct

Reviewed 6 July 2017 via mobile

This is off the beaten track but genuine hearty food served with a lot of love! The potato dishes are the speciality and you get a great portion. Very friendly service. Both left feeling like we were going to explode we are that much. Very reasonably priced too! Don't go here though if you want pretentious tourist food.

Reviewed 1 July 2017 via mobile

Totally confused by the many great reviews. The restaurant is in a back street. Very clean and very friendly but the food is not that good.

The potato dish is different and reading the reviews many people like it but really it is just a jacket potato with filling. My husband said it's a bit like the old English chain spud u like.

The starters are OK but nothing special and the desserts are mainly ice cream based. For 20 euros it's fine but the 27 euro menu is getting close to in price to better restaurants in the town who have set menus for 33 and 35 euros so stick to the 20 euro menu.

The friendliness of the staff and how welcoming they are is lovely it's just a shame the food in my mind didn't meet the expectations set by the other reviewers

I wouldn't go back

Reviewed 18 May 2017 via mobile

Tonight we arrived just after 7pm. The restaurant was empty but very rapidly populated with locals.

I had the "farmers" potato dish which was large and full of tart- cheese and ground beef with sauce (creme fraiche) went really well together. The potatoes were almost translucent & pale rosé. Really filling and only €13.90.

My wife had the grilled beef. ( bavette grille) which was also good. So good there was none left for me☹️ I normally finish my wife's dish but she enjoyed it so much there was none for me. The dish had gratin de jour which was lovely potatoes in cream sauce.

The staff were very friendly & spoke good English. A lovely place for a lovely dinner. Well worth a try