“Yummy and unpretentious French Thai infusion food”
Review of Cook'In

Cook'In
Ranked #4 of 82 Restaurants in Epernay
Price range: US$25 - US$37
Cuisines: Thai
Good for: Groups
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 5 November 2017

This restaurant came highly recommended by our hotel and other travellers and it did not disappoint. The dishes were indeed French Thai infusion but they were delicious and unpretentious. Dinner set menus started from 32 euros (with 4 dishes), and the chef was most gracious to cater to my vegetarian diet admist a very busy night (they had a big group reservation). Service was top-notch by the Thai lady boss Uma (I hope I got her name right) - she was most hospitable and went out of her way to ensure we enjoyed our dinner. Highly recommended!

Reviewed 19 September 2017

We were recommended to Cook'in by the lady whose apartment we were renting. The Cook is French and his wife is from Thailand, a lovely couple whose idea of French with a thai twist is not to be missed. Wow the food was delicious, as we were in Epernay on the last night of our road trip, it had to be a Bottle of Champagne. 3 of us started with the Tom Yum soup, I have had this soup many times in the UK but never served like this, the soup arrived in a lovely metal bowl with a vessel underneath which contained a small candle. To the side, a small dish of very fresh seafood which you placed in the soup, within a minute the seafood, squid, prawns and fish was cooked, the flavours were amazing. My friend had the thai salad which looked good, but I would go for the soup everytime.
2 of us had the fillet steak which was cooked perfectly accompanied with red curry sauce vegetables and rice, another friend had the prawn curry and the other the duck which also was very good. We had deserts, fresh fruit and panacotta with coffee. If I lived there it would be a place I would go back to often. We all loved it.

Onchuma P, Owner at Cook'In, responded to this reviewResponded 20 September 2017

Many thanks for your kind comment and we promise to continue this way and really hope to welcome you again!:)

Reviewed 17 September 2017

We arrived for our reservation at 8 pm. The restaurant was full. We had to wait awhile before someone took our drink order. However, the server was very friendly. We ordered the special dinner with several courses that were selected by the chef. The food was a wonderful break from typical French food. Every course was very, very good.

Reviewed 12 August 2017

After touring France for almost two months, Cook'In was such a welcome surprise! We ate here two nights in a row, one of which was for my birthday. This restaurant is in the center of town. We did not have reservations for the first night, but there were only two of us so we were able to get the last table near the door. The service was good, the owner and her staff speak English. The owner even asked if we had any food allergies before we ordered. The food was fabulous! The first night was shared the tasting which was a variety of things that the chef whipped up. Wow! So many things that I normally am not fond of and they were all fabulous! There was nothing there that was not scrumptious! There was also live music which was most enjoyable! I would highly recommend: fish soup, shrimp soup, shrimp stir fry, pork in banana leaves, tapa fried appetizers. Champagne and Pino Noir too. We were too stuffed both nights from the food to eat the dessert, but the choices looked amazing. Thanks for the fond birthday dinner memories! HIGHLY recommend!

Onchuma P, Owner at Cook'In, responded to this reviewResponded 7 September 2017

I see exactly where you were sitting!:) Thank you so many much for your kind comment. It's a big pleasure to know that we gave you a happy moment:) I do hope to see you again for your next Champagne's trip!

Best regards,

Reviewed 12 August 2017

Okay so I lived in Bangkok for some time and this food transported me back to the country. It was so awesome my wife and I went back the next night. The waitress was extremely helpful, being Thai, herself (maybe co-owner or owner?) she explained the spices I was tasting and experiencing. We had the voyage meal which is a taste of the entire menu...Wow...French and Thai infusion....I am sold. Two countries that know how to cook infused. The next night we went again and had more of the speciality items on the menu. Best to make a reservation as it is a hoping place and our waitress was very gracious about it from the beginning, explaining we may be in for a wait due to the lack of making a reservation. Plan to spend 2-3 hours, typical for France. We tasted the champagne (excellnet) and had the red Pinot Noir wine as a compliment on night one and a red wine from Chinon the second night both reasonable at 22 E and 28 E. Highly recommend. I think they are on holidays beginning August 12 through end of August, 2017. We spent 80 E the first night with the wine and about 100 E the second night. Good Luck and happy foody.

Onchuma P, Owner at Cook'In, responded to this reviewResponded 7 September 2017

A very big thanks for your appreciation which we are so pround of. It's our attention to give you an enjoyable moment. We will be so pleased to welcome you again:)

Have a nice day!