“Amazing food, great service, very nice people.”

Restaurant Chez Max
Ranked #2 of 79 Restaurants in Epernay
Price range: US$29 - US$65
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Description: We are a french traditional restaurant. We change our menus each week according seasons local products. You will be received by a team of professionals in a convivial ambiance without device nor spangle, in any simplicity and sincerity there.
Reviewed 18 September 2017 via mobile

This restaurant has one of the best traditional food i ever tried. Everything is so tasty, products are very good quality and from the region.
The personnel is really nice. We really enjoyed it.

Reviewed 9 September 2017 via mobile

Excellent food, very friendly service, nice people! We enjoyed the Menu degustation with Foie Gras and Filet de Boeuf. But the highlight was the Fromages and the Sorbet. Also the Cumieres Pinot Noir was a nice experience, at a reasonable price. A perfect evening!

Reviewed 25 August 2017

We stumbled across the restaurant by chance, and it is a real find. Very happy atmosphere- Max is clearly a character- and the food was superb. We were lucky, but expect to have to book. If you fancy steak tartare, Max prepares it for you at your table- a display worth seeing.

Reviewed 22 August 2017

My husband and I visited Chez Max for dinner on Friday evening on a recommendation and it certainly did not disappoint. I called ahead the day before to make our reservation and the person I spoke to on the telephone spoke perfect English so there was no trouble there at all.

We were greeted warmly on arrival, and offered an aperitif (we opted for champagne of course!) and given plenty of time to digest the menu. It was lovely to have the chance to eat traditional french food in such a warm and relaxing setting. The food was divine the cheese board incredible and a great choice of wine. The restaurant owner took our order and took the time to explain the dishes we were ordering to make sure we were happy with our choices.

The staff were wonderful, the restaurant owner such a character and so lovely to see people who enjoy so much what they do. Everyone here could not do more to make the service any more charming.

I would absolutely recommend this restaurant and for the quality of the food and level of service the prices were very reasonable indeed.

Reviewed 19 August 2017 via mobile

Great host, great welcome, great food.

My wife, baby daughter and dog recently descended on Chez Max for my birthday meal.

We were greated like old friends on arrival, given a table to accommodate our dog and daughter in a high chair.

As my wife is a Pescetarian there was plenty to choose from by way of fish (she chose scallops), but Veggies and Vegans may have to specify their needs to the restaurant. They were happy to describe the contents of the dishes to keep you right.

I, on the other hand, went for the roast rack of lamb. It was tremendous.

The bubbles we had as an aperitif were superb, but when I reflect back on the glass of red wine I had, I think it may have been corked - my fault for not bringing it up at the time.

Overall, we loved the place and will certainly go again on our next visit to Épernay.